ADVERTISEMENT

New Unbeatens Thread! 12 teams remaining!

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
Purdue is now one of 12 remaining undefeated teams. Someone else can post the map again if they want. Interestingly, 5 conferences each have 2 teams, plus Weber State and San Francisco. Here is a list of each team's next 3 games, which may whittle a couple down, especially with some playing conference games. I'll put them in somewhat power ranking order. One head-to-head matchup coming this week with Arizona and Wyoming.

Purdue (8-0)
at Rutgers 12/9
vs NC State (N) 12/12
vs Butler (N) 12/18

Baylor (8-0)
vs Villanova 12/12
@ Oregon 12/18
vs Alcorn St 12/20

Arkansas (8-0)
vs Charlotte 12/7
@ Oklahoma 12/11
vs Hofstra (N) 12/18

Arizona (7-0)
vs Wyoming 12/8
@ Illinois 12/11
vs Northern Colorado 12/15

USC (8-0)
vs E. Kentucky 12/7
vs Long Beach St 12/12
vs UC Irvine 12/15

LSU (8-0)
@ Georgia Tech 12/11
vs Northwestern St 12/14
vs Louisiana Tech (N) 12/18

Iowa St (8-0)
vs Iowa 12/9
vs Jackson St 12/12
vs SE Louisiana 12/19

San Francisco (9-0)
vs Fresno St 12/8
vs Grand Canyon (N) 12/12
@ Arizona St 12/19

Minnesota (7-0)
vs Michigan St 12/8
@ Michigan 12/11
vs Texas A&M CC 12/15

Colorado St (9-0)
vs Mississippi St (N) 12/11
vs Tulsa (N) 12/18
vs Alabama (N) 12/21

Weber St (8-0)
@ Washington St 12/8
vs Non-Division 1 12/11
vs Utah St 12/15

Wyoming (8-0)
@ Arizona 12/8
vs Utah Valley 12/11
vs Stanford 12/22

Best challenges to undefeated teams coming up:
Baylor (8-0) vs Villanova
Arkansas (8-0) @ Oklahoma 12/11 (OK dropped Florida from the undefeated)
Arizona (7-0) vs Wyoming (8-0) 12/8 and then @ Illinois 12/11 (tough road for UA)
Iowa St (8-0) vs Iowa 12/9
Minnesota (7-0) vs Michigan St 12/8
Colorado St (9-0) vs Alabama (N) 12/21 ('Bama just beat Gonzaga)
Weber St (8-0) @ Washington St 12/8

The other 4 undefeated teams have relatively easier games.

8pm - Arkansas (-18) vs Charlotte
9pm - USC (-19.5) vs Eastern Kentucky

That's it for tonight. Should stay at 12.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Let that gold fever spread...

200.gif

Iowa State and Minnesota both have tough games coming up. Based on how they played us, Iowa has a real chance to beat ISU. Baylor-Villanova will be a tough game, too.

Obviously Arizona or Wyoming will play each other. This should be interesting to watch.

Plenty of good college basketball games tonight, and 4 involving unbeatens. The number could easily get to 8 tonight.

8pm - Minnesota (+7) vs Michigan State. Can you imagine being an undefeated power 5 team getting 7 points at home?
9pm - Wyoming (+16.5) @ Arizona
9pm - San Francisco (-9) vs Fresno State
9pm - Weber State (+7.5) at Washington State

Reactions: indyogb
Plenty of good college basketball games tonight, and 4 involving unbeatens. The number could easily get to 8 tonight.

8pm - Minnesota (+7) vs Michigan State. Can you imagine being an undefeated power 5 team getting 7 points at home?
9pm - Wyoming (+16.5) @ Arizona
9pm - San Francisco (-9) vs Fresno State
9pm - Weber State (+7.5) at Washington State
I can't imagine being undefeated and still getting 16.5 points (even in a road game). I guess it's just Wyoming's luck that they're playing at another undefeated team's place.

I don't get to say this often, but I'll say it now, "Go Spartans!" :D

Reactions: BoilerAndy
I can't imagine being undefeated and still getting 16.5 points (even in a road game). I guess it's just Wyoming's luck that they're playing at another undefeated team's place.

Yeah, I wince when I think those words.

No. Minnesota's record is only a product of their schedule. In all likelihood they'll get curb stomped by Michigan State tonight, but I'd much rather Minnesota win. When all is said and done, I think MSU, UM, and Illinois will be our primary contenders for the B1G championship. Best to see Fizzo take the L.

Reactions: boilernuke
No. Minnesota's record is only a product of their schedule. In all likelihood they'll get curb stomped by Michigan State tonight, but I'd much rather Minnesota win. When all is said and done, I think MSU, UM, and Illinois will be our primary contenders for the B1G championship. Best to see Fizzo take the L.

Minnesota not looking too good and can't hit the broadside of the Barn as Michigan State has controlled most of the first half.

As an aside, it's much more relaxing watching Bo do other conference games without the Boilers.

And we are down to 9. Colorado State and Iowa State were the big gainers on the map last night with Wyoming, Minnesota and Weber going down. Only 2 games today:

6pm - Purdue (-13.5) at Rutgers BTN - Line opened 12.5, close to what I expected, then has gone up a point during the morning.

8pm - Iowa State (+5.5) vs Iowa ESPN2 - Surprised this wasn't closer to a pick'em, but I guess Iowa is getting some cred for keeping it close against Purdue without Keegan, who is back.

And we are down to 9. Colorado State and Iowa State were the big gainers on the map last night with Wyoming, Minnesota and Weber going down. Only 2 games today:

6pm - Purdue (-13.5) at Rutgers BTN - Line opened 12.5, close to what I expected, then has gone up a point during the morning.

8pm - Iowa State (+5.5) vs Iowa ESPN2 - Surprised this wasn't closer to a pick'em, but I guess Iowa is getting some cred for keeping it close against Purdue without Keegan, who is back.
Central times above, right?

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
Remember the rumors around Keady going to San Fran back in the day? 12/11 looks like a big day, LSU vs Ga Tech and Ark vs Oklahoma (lost to Butler though. Might grab the colonies with an LSU loss.

ADVERTISEMENT