ADVERTISEMENT

New recruit finalizes his top 6...

Jadon Thompson is a very good recruit to get. No surprise we made his final list, especially with Henning wanting to team up at the next level. Could be a two for one deal, getting Purdue the best prospect out of Illinois to get with Thompson, who is elite in his own right.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
I think the 2020 class will be unbelievable class for us, which is saying something with as good as the 2019 class is and even better on January 5th.

Wait. Wait. Wait. It says Jadon Thompson is from Chicago. Can’t be right. That means a Purdue staff knows about the 3rd most populous city in the USofA. Can’t be right.

Reactions: tjreese and ChuckJr
I see most B1G teams have at least 1 commitment for 2020. I looked at the national rankings and Alabama already has 11. Does Purdue have any yet? Here’s my top 3 as of today, positions, and state they’re from.

1. Justin Rogers OL Michigan
2. John Young. OL Kentucky
3. AJ Henning. RB Illinois

Stick this in. First/next 2020 to commit?

I see most B1G teams have at least 1 commitment for 2020. I looked at the national rankings and Alabama already has 11. Does Purdue have any yet? Here’s my top 3 as of today, positions, and state they’re from.

No, we do not have any 2020 commits yet.

No, we do not have any 2020 commits yet.
Okay thanks KyBoiler. I was hoping this thread would pick up steam and someone would know about possible early commits. Not much of a basketball guy, can hardly wait for September already. LOL.

Purdue seems to be in very good position to land more than a few very talented recruits. It is just my gut talking, but I think Brohm is taking more time this recruiting cycle to make sure he is getting the best possible guys at each position of need. We are in very good shape with several highly rated recruits and I believe we will land a very good class in 2020. It isn't a bad thing that we don't have a commit yet. Last year Nebraska didn't start getting verbals until June and received the bulk of their commitments later in the recruiting cycle. They are gonna end up with a top 15 class before it is said and done. Purdue has the ability now to do that as well.

Also, there were a lot of recruits scheduled to make visits this past weekend; however, the weather prevented that from happening. Who's to say we wouldn't have picked up a commitment or two if those visits would have happened as planned?

I like with those guys. I couldn't do just a top 3 so I would also throw in:
4. QB Tyler Van Dyke or QB Parker McQuarrie
5. C Gus Hartwig
6. DT Bryce Austin
7. ILB Martavius French
8. SDE Deontae Craig

Reactions: tenwest and ChuckJr
Purdue seems to be in very good position to land more than a few very talented recruits. It is just my gut talking, but I think Brohm is taking more time this recruiting cycle to make sure he is getting the best possible guys at each position of need. We are in very good shape with several highly rated recruits and I believe we will land a very good class in 2020. It isn't a bad thing that we don't have a commit yet. Last year Nebraska didn't start getting verbals until June and received the bulk of their commitments later in the recruiting cycle. They are gonna end up with a top 15 class before it is said and done. Purdue has the ability now to do that as well.

Also, there were a lot of recruits scheduled to make visits this past weekend; however, the weather prevented that from happening. Who's to say we wouldn't have picked up a commitment or two if those visits would have happened as planned?

Keep in mind that the commitment activity will ramp up after National Signing Day and should accelerate after Spring practices begin and 2020 recruits are able to factor that activity in. Recruits have better line of sight on potential transfers than they used to just a couple of years ago. Patience can reward them with a better feel for where they're likely to fall on a depth chart when the dust settles. That's why April and especially May and June are such big commitment months.

ADVERTISEMENT