ADVERTISEMENT

New helmet for Saturday

C'ville Boiler

True Freshman
Sep 15, 2011

They only give a teaser. This looks like it’s going to be white with a gold face mask. I like it

Just what we need with a 1-4 record. I was trying to stay positive after a 1-3 start, but I am starting to lose faith and fast. Really fast. This helmet will only make the next loss look a little prettier. Big deal. We need to get back to the Danielson/Griese days. I fear that day will never come.
So, since it’s been disappointing do you just want to stay plain the rest of year with no promotions or anything? Want fans to not bother showing up either? Good night man, quit being so uptight. That’s no way to live. I’m pretty sure this wasn’t just planned. It’s not like they are going to scrap the idea because of the record. It’s been a disappointing season but the massive injuries really weren’t expected. I’m also pretty sure the players like stuff like this and recruits as well. There is still something to play for and I’m sure the players aren’t just going to roll over and die.

I realize the problems, but my feeling is now we need a new team in those helmets unless they impart super powers.

Just what we need with a 1-4 record. I was trying to stay positive after a 1-3 start, but I am starting to lose faith and fast. Really fast. This helmet will only make the next loss look a little prettier. Big deal. We need to get back to the Danielson/Griese days. I fear that day will never come.
Weak is your troll game.

Weak is your troll game.
A troll who has season tickets to Purdue Football and has lived in Frankfort for much of my adult life. Sure, Chief. Come to Section 115 and say it to my face. Sorry I don’t blow sunshine up your pompous ass with my takes. Just trying to be real. Truth hurts doesn’t it defender of all that is Purdue no matter if it sucks? This team is terrible. I am done defending it. You should be, too unless terrible football is your goal for the program. Sorry if I like to go to bowl games and blow off some steam.

I guess I’m just a glass half full kind of guy to a fault sometimes but to me we are still in contention for the west until we’re not and we’re still in bowl contention until we’re not. So, even though the odds are not good, until we are mathematically out of the west championship and until we get a seventh loss to put us out of a bowl I’m still rooting for the team like we can still get either one

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
I guess I’m just a glass half full kind of guy to a fault sometimes but to me we are still in contention for the west until we’re not and we’re still in bowl contention until we’re not. So, even though the odds are not good, until we are mathematically out of the west championship and until we get a seventh loss to put us out of a bowl I’m still rooting for the team like we can still get either one

The nice thing is that we'll get a nice participation trophy, our share of Big10 money.

In fact, I’ll be at the Stacked Pickle on Wednesday for the show. I’ll buy you a Big Dilla and a beer. Maybe that will make you nice and not so arrogant to think you know what you don’t know. You won’t need to identify yourself when you walk in. I’ll smell the arrogance.
Buy yourself an extra beer instead. Clearly you need it. C’mon, man. We barely have enough healthy guys to field a team, and the ones who can play are freshmen and sophomores. This isn’t college basketball where a couple freshmen can come in and be instant impact players. If you can’t see that, I don’t know what to tell you. Challenge me to come fight you in Section 115, I guess. LOL.

In fact, I’ll be at the Stacked Pickle on Wednesday for the show. I’ll buy you a Big Dilla and a beer. Maybe that will make you nice and not so arrogant to think you know what you don’t know. You won’t need to identify yourself when you walk in. I’ll smell the arrogance.
Sure you will.

A troll who has season tickets to Purdue Football and has lived in Frankfort for much of my adult life. Sure, Chief. Come to Section 115 and say it to my face. Sorry I don’t blow sunshine up your pompous ass with my takes. Just trying to be real. Truth hurts doesn’t it defender of all that is Purdue no matter if it sucks? This team is terrible. I am done defending it. You should be, too unless terrible football is your goal for the program. Sorry if I like to go to bowl games and blow off some steam.
cf7.jpg

Reactions: MilwaukeeBoilerFan
Buy yourself an extra beer instead. Clearly you need it. C’mon, man. We barely have enough healthy guys to field a team, and the ones who can play are freshmen and sophomores. This isn’t college basketball where a couple freshmen can come in and be instant impact players. If you can’t see that, I don’t know what to tell you. Challenge me to come fight you in Section 115, I guess. LOL.
Fight? Come say it to my face. How is that a fight? You have anger issues, bro. Maybe don’t come to The Ross but instead go to anger management classes. #issues

Lol I came here to talk about how sweet the new jerseys and helmets are and all I see is this douche throwing a tantrum just because the season isn't going the way we had all hoped for

I never said he was wrong or that I disagreed with him lol. But is it forbidden to get excited about something just because the season has spiraled out of control? Notice the title of this thread. I’m sure there are plenty of other threads where you can speak your “truths” where that topic is actually relevant

Fight? Come say it to my face. How is that a fight? You have anger issues, bro. Maybe don’t come to The Ross but instead go to anger management classes. #issues
Please just go away. It's not about your opinions. It is just how you present yourself. Thread derailed.

I think the helmets are pretty cool. Hilarious that a UCF writer has his panties in a bunch because he thinks we copied off of their helmets from 2 years ago.

Reactions: C'ville Boiler
Somebody should invite UCFs to a bar to fight about the helmets! This thread is dying but my bloodthirst hasn't been quenched.
:cool:

They only give a teaser. This looks like it’s going to be white with a gold face mask. I like it

Planned months ago and imo the helmets and uni’s look very good!

Ok, Morgan...(kidding, but, just barely)

They didn't just whip them up this week to distract from a poor season. It's a celebration that should happen regardless of on field outcomes. They don't cancel homecoming when the team is bad either. No need to conflate the issues.

And did you really not know they were going to lose at Penn State? The final was about what I expected (maybe even a little better honestly) and I thought they at least showed some fight over the last 3 quarters. It's not what we were expecting coming into the season, but that's about all you can ask for under the circumstances.

Reactions: C'ville Boiler
If both teams played with no helmets, I would pay to see that. Other than that, any promotional gimmick is just that - a gimmick and I don't pay to watch gimmicks. We are putting lipstick on a pig at this point. Brohm looks like a fraud and there is only one game I could see us possibly winning from here on out (Maryland). We are a bad, bad football team and should just wear our normal uniforms until we are good again. I am done being positive when we get crushed every damn game. Not just beat, but crushed. We Purdon't win anything under Brohm. Nada. Seems like we could have benefited from him and his 12 brother assistants going to UL. Wish they would offer him again. Unless we beat IU. That may change things. I stress "may". Depressing times in ol' WL.

Brohm is not a fraud, I don't know what you are thinking with that statement. He is very well respected from our side.

Brohm is not a fraud, I don't know what you are thinking with that statement. He is very well respected from our side.
Coming from a fan of a program that has not had a winning season since 2014 (a very remarkable 7-6 campaign at that), that really means a lot. Thanks. Did you also think Chris Ash needed just a little more time to turn things around at Rutgers? When you make a bowl game more than 6 people care about, then I’ll listen. Until then, my comments and take are spot on. At this rate, Brohm will not last past 2022 and he shouldn’t. Looks to be a fraud.

Coming from a fan of a program that has not had a winning season since 2014 (a very remarkable 7-6 campaign at that), that really means a lot. Thanks. Did you also think Chris Ash needed just a little more time to turn things around at Rutgers? When you make a bowl game more than 6 people care about, then I’ll listen. Until then, my comments and take are spot on. At this rate, Brohm will not last past 2022 and he shouldn’t. Looks to be a fraud.

You're either a weak troll or don't know much about what it takes to actually build a program from near scratch. Likely both, actually.
You remind me of employees who bitch and whine but never actually have or discuss a solution. You're the type I'd fire pretty quick. I don't mind someone pointing out faults and/or weaknesses AS LONG as they have a reasonable and workable solution - you've yet to come close to providing one.
And Brohm will be at Purdue long after 2022, providing he chooses to do so.

Reactions: MilwaukeeBoilerFan

Ash was horrible and Rutgers has far many more problems as a school that a single coach can’t solve.

I was born in Alabama and they were my childhood team. I went to Maryland and follow both, but I only now root for Maryland.

I watch good football and bad football and i know the difference. Brohm is a very smart and capable coach. Injuries and recruiting depth is Purdue’s problem. If you think Brohm is a problem, and not the other fundamental issues, you’re probably never going to be happy.

ADVERTISEMENT