ADVERTISEMENT

New "hard core" fan.

BoilerFanInEvv

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2018
Evansville, In
I'm 47 years old and have always been what I would call a casual fan. However, with all the excitement that we've had the last few years I'm trying to really understand a lot more detail. My question for today is will the majority of recruits for 2020 start signing.

I'm 47 years old and have always been what I would call a casual fan. However, with all the excitement that we've had the last few years I'm trying to really understand a lot more detail. My question for today is will the majority of recruits for 2020 start signing.
Early signing day is in December. Verbals usually start to roll in after the June camps

Expect the majority of our commits to come between now and the start of the season. Last year we had just about all of our commits by end of July. This year is likely to be more drawn out due to fewer scholarships to give and with demand seemingly higher than ever.

Purdue had all of it's commits sign during the "early" signing period in December. Used quotes as most players sign during this time and is really the main signing period with the late signing period in early February.

Edit: I believe all but 3 recruits committed by the start of the season.
Milton Wright - November
David Bell - November (techincally), announced on national TV in January
King Doerue - October

Spend the $100 and go premium. Lots of updates and will get you up to speed.

Reactions: Nukeboiler
Lol. I know enough that early signing is in December. I was just wondering when the verbal commits really start rolling in.
As mentioned in a previous post, June is a big month for verbals with the early December signing period now. With our momentum over the last couple years, I could see us getting more verbals now before June than we have seen over the last 3 years.

Lol. I know enough that early signing is in December. I was just wondering when the verbal commits really start rolling in.

Things are happening earlier and earlier, but typically with Brohm it’s been one or two guys and then in June when they have camps, you’ll see a ton of commits

I agree with Flot, go premium. You get a lot of updates, you pretty much know what’s going on. Toms coverage is great too. A lot of guys on KHC are like the corporate kiss ass rat types where they don’t think it compromises their manhood to act like Brian is Mickey Spillane, but he’s fine. He’s not bad. Your standard small college town writer who leverages his access nicely.

And the bonus is, if we win tonight, go purdue. If we lose, it will be like being in the front row at foreman v ali on KC tonight.

Reactions: 1234FirstDown
I agree with Flot, go premium. You get a lot of updates, you pretty much know what’s going on. Toms coverage is great too. A lot of guys on KHC are like the corporate kiss ass rat types where they don’t think it compromises their manhood to act like Brian is Mickey Spillane, but he’s fine. He’s not bad. Your standard small college town writer who leverages his access nicely.

And the bonus is, if we win tonight, go purdue. If we lose, it will be like being in the front row at foreman v ali on KC tonight.
I’m ready for the fight

colbert_thumb.jpg

Or for free , read my posts

A lot of the talk on khc is about recruits who decide to go elsewhere like U.K. And Nebraska. Their postsget your hopes up. You believe the hype. We make their final 5 and then poof, they sign elsewhere leaving you to believe were all those posts just a bunch of lies and space filler?

Don't go to the dark side!

A lot of the talk on khc is about recruits who decide to go elsewhere like U.K. And Nebraska. Their postsget your hopes up. You believe the hype. We make their final 5 and then poof, they sign elsewhere leaving you to believe were all those posts just a bunch of lies and space filler?

Lol, if you say so

Huh?

How soon you forgot about the RB and the DE/LB who were a sure thing according to all those inside sources on the pay board and then went elsewhere?

Robinson and Weaver. how many posts were made by people with GOLD status that it could happen, and kept our hopes up through December, only to be told NOPE, it was never going to happen.

I got more annoyed by the positive nellies trying to keep my hopes up that more elite athletes were headed our way, than the decision of the athletes to sign elsewhere. I'd rather have the truth, than the constant overly optimistic recruiting possibilities.

it would be nice to sign that combo of Illinois receiver/running back. but if it's not in the cards, it's not in the cards. I don't know who or how good these players are. I trust the opinions of people here to base my conclusions. if your inputs are garbage, my speculation is flawed. Some people here think Wright is better than Bell. I don't know. All I know is if the QB doesn't have time to throw it doesn't make much difference how great our receivers are. And if a receiver constantly drops clutch passes, it doesn't matter what his 40 speed is.

I knew TE ford because he was from Carterville. I couldn't believe he was the second best high school TE prospect in the country in 2018. He showed nothing while playing for us and missed half of his senior year due to injury. . His rating was totally built on camp attendance, not live game performance. he signed with Georgia over Alabama because they promised him immediate playing time and that he'd start by his sophomore year. he played special teams for 13 games and caught 1 pass. is that what you should expect from a 5* TE ? I heard he got homesick and transferred to Illinois this Winter. Since I didn't see him do anything special on the field, it's hard for me to believe the star ratings were accurate. but hey, they were made by people in the know. and if coaches at auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Illinois and texas A&M loved him, the y must know more than me. he's got to be good, right?

I'm not going to come to this board praising players as the greatest ever. but I have to believe others know what they're talking about. and please don't get my hopes up about Cronk if it's not even close to happening.

Robinson and Weaver. how many posts were made by people with GOLD status that it could happen, and kept our hopes up through December, only to be told NOPE, it was never going to happen.

I got more annoyed by the positive nellies trying to keep my hopes up that more elite athletes were headed our way, than the decision of the athletes to sign elsewhere. I'd rather have the truth, than the constant overly optimistic recruiting possibilities.

it would be nice to sign that combo of Illinois receiver/running back. but if it's not in the cards, it's not in the cards. I don't know who or how good these players are. I trust the opinions of people here to base my conclusions. if your inputs are garbage, my speculation is flawed. Some people here think Wright is better than Bell. I don't know. All I know is if the QB doesn't have time to throw it doesn't make much difference how great our receivers are. And if a receiver constantly drops clutch passes, it doesn't matter what his 40 speed is.

I knew TE ford because he was from Carterville. I couldn't believe he was the second best high school TE prospect in the country in 2018. He showed nothing while playing for us and missed half of his senior year due to injury. . His rating was totally built on camp attendance, not live game performance. he signed with Georgia over Alabama because they promised him immediate playing time and that he'd start by his sophomore year. he played special teams for 13 games and caught 1 pass. is that what you should expect from a 5* TE ? I heard he got homesick and transferred to Illinois this Winter. Since I didn't see him do anything special on the field, it's hard for me to believe the star ratings were accurate. but hey, they were made by people in the know. and if coaches at auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Illinois and texas A&M loved him, the y must know more than me. he's got to be good, right?

I'm not going to come to this board praising players as the greatest ever. but I have to believe others know what they're talking about. and please don't get my hopes up about Cronk if it's not even close to happening.
I am not sure about Weaver. I am not sure why he cooled on us or us on him.

However, I don't think Wandale wanted to play second fiddle to Rondale. I think he wanted to make an immediately splash in a system, like Rondale did last year for us, and he knew that was not going to happen with Rondale at Purdue and them being similar type of players.

I am not sure about Weaver. I am not sure why he cooled on us or us on him.

However, I don't think Wandale wanted to play second fiddle to Rondale. I think he wanted to make an immediately splash in a system, like Rondale did last year for us, and he knew that was not going to happen with Rondale at Purdue and them being similar type of players.

I can agree with that assessment. I had the same thoughts that Wandale wanted to be used much like Moore, and didn't want to play second fiddle. I can accept that.

I can also accept the fact with all of our current WRs, other elite WRs may look elsewhere this year.

what was painful were all the posts saying by a source close to the situation, we're still in it, leaving us to speculate that by winning, they'd logically choose us.

Robinson was never coming here.

As for weaver, the allure of the $EC is powerful

Robinson was never coming here.

As for weaver, the allure of the $EC is powerful

And Therin lies the problem! When did you know that? January? November? August?

If you knew he was never coming here why allow people to keep their hopes up? Why not be honest in August and say he's not coming? Would that have been that hard?

And this isn't aimed at you but at all the recruiting forums with their crystal balls and their warm and cool ratings. If the guy has no intention of coming, I say take him off your list of possible commitments and allow people to press on.

And Therin lies the problem! When did you know that? January? November? August?

If you knew he was never coming here why allow people to keep their hopes up? Why not be honest in August and say he's not coming? Would that have been that hard?

And this isn't aimed at you but at all the recruiting forums with their crystal balls and their warm and cool ratings. If the guy has no intention of coming, I say take him off your list of possible commitments and allow people to press on.
Why share premie info when no one here pays for it

Why share premie info when no one here pays for it
That's your right. however, it's kind of like withholding information. you knew long before it was made public, but you decided not to do anything to upset the apple cart of your pay friends.

I've got pneumonia . I could cough in your face. the fact of my illness is private information. Should I share that info with you? or just cough in your face? Is it the same thing?

why do you even bother posting on the free board if you have vital info that you refuse to share?

Think about it.

That's your right. however, it's kind of like withholding information. you knew long before it was made public, but you decided not to do anything to upset the apple cart of your pay friends.

I've got pneumonia . I could cough in your face. the fact of my illness is private information. Should I share that info with you? or just cough in your face? Is it the same thing?

why do you even bother posting on the free board if you have vital info that you refuse to share?

Think about it.
You could have access to the same info. Besides. Why would I piss away the value for everyone else?

Also, I know I said at least once he wasn’t coming here. Same with williams

You could have access to the same info. Besides. Why would I piss away the value for everyone else?

Also, I know I said at least once he wasn’t coming here. Same with williams

I understand you. I just disagree with your viewpoints on what should be shared and kept private.

I understand you. I just disagree with your viewpoints on what should be shared and kept private.

That is one of the major reasons I stay on the free board. I don’t want to be limited on what I post because I have access to “premium stuff”. I think the free board is amazing having access to other fans. With what I do as a living, doing research online and twitter comes fairly easily to me. So when I have time (which having a 5 year old and a 3 year old really limits that) I enjoy finding out formyself. When others ask, I share what I find. It also helps me organize what I hear and read so I can reference it later. If the free side ever went away, I would just go back to twitter as my main info sharing/gathering. I usually retweet all of the visits so I can go back through my tweets and see who visited when.

If Twitter didn’t give us a ridiculously close access to the recruits, the value of the premium info would sky rocket. There isn’t another super easy way to find out free and reliably who visited. You can also see how they are leaning as well as their family members. In the example of Weaver and Robinson, it was clear we weren’t getting them towards the end. I think Weaver cooled because of his dad (who said that Louisville was getting a better coach than if Brohm had gone there. That wasn’t the exact quote, but was my takeaway of it).

Twitter is also cool when these young high school kids take initiative and turn their access to the high school kids into info and build their own following. They go to the games and watch and see other in state kids and talk to the players to see what their interests are. Most of the high school kids are so ecstatic to get offers, they talks fairly truthfully and easily about their feelings towards teams and visits when asked. Fellow high schools students have a special kind of access. I am surprised more don’t do it to be honest. It’s an easy way to build up a following especially if you want in the sports world going forward. To be the next Woj or something.

That is one of the major reasons I stay on the free board. I don’t want to be limited on what I post because I have access to “premium stuff”. I think the free board is amazing having access to other fans. With what I do as a living, doing research online and twitter comes fairly easily to me. So when I have time (which having a 5 year old and a 3 year old really limits that) I enjoy finding out formyself. When others ask, I share what I find. It also helps me organize what I hear and read so I can reference it later. If the free side ever went away, I would just go back to twitter as my main info sharing/gathering. I usually retweet all of the visits so I can go back through my tweets and see who visited when.

If Twitter didn’t give us a ridiculously close access to the recruits, the value of the premium info would sky rocket. There isn’t another super easy way to find out free and reliably who visited. You can also see how they are leaning as well as their family members. In the example of Weaver and Robinson, it was clear we weren’t getting them towards the end. I think Weaver cooled because of his dad (who said that Louisville was getting a better coach than if Brohm had gone there. That wasn’t the exact quote, but was my takeaway of it).

Twitter is also cool when these young high school kids take initiative and turn their access to the high school kids into info and build their own following. They go to the games and watch and see other in state kids and talk to the players to see what their interests are. Most of the high school kids are so ecstatic to get offers, they talks fairly truthfully and easily about their feelings towards teams and visits when asked. Fellow high schools students have a special kind of access. I am surprised more don’t do it to be honest. It’s an easy way to build up a following especially if you want in the sports world going forward. To be the next Woj or something.
Twitter info is one sided. It gives you an idea of who has an offer (allegedly) and their interest. But those kids can troll too.

As for Weaver, there was a lot more than UL's new coach at play on that one.

Twitter info is one sided. It gives you an idea of who has an offer (allegedly) and their interest. But those kids can troll too.

As for Weaver, there was a lot more than UL's new coach at play on that one.

Ok I'll bite. Since it's past history, How much credible information was provided on Weaver in the pay board that wasn't available for free on here, on Twitter and 24/7 and hammer and rails.

I'm not asking for specifics. Just some insight as to how much info we lost out on?

Ok I'll bite. Since it's past history, How much credible information was provided on Weaver in the pay board that wasn't available for free on here, on Twitter and 24/7 and hammer and rails.

I'm not asking for specifics. Just some insight as to how much info we lost out on?

GBI handled it well, i thought. They dont make predictions on commits, so they lose to 247 on that one.

Twitter didnt have much info on him in particular. Most of these kids are saavy enough to know they need to manage the message.

Think about it.
o_O

GBI handled it well, i thought. They dont make predictions on commits, so they lose to 247 on that one.

Twitter didnt have much info on him in particular. Most of these kids are saavy enough to know they need to manage the message.

I'll trust you .

Dave Lackford provided lots of candid insights to all KY recruits including Weaver. The info and quality of writing was great by the GBI guys, the Rivals people would also pop in and provide detailed info when appropriate. But for some time Dave and Brian made it clear there was a lot of "positive language" from those guys... but it certainly didn't mean they were locks.

ADVERTISEMENT