ADVERTISEMENT

New Guidelines and a Final Warning for Everyone

Andrew Holmes

Gold Member
Sep 7, 2017
Ok, here's the deal, I don't want to be over here every day deleting replies and breaking up fights. The current climate here is very aggressive from all sides. I don't want to ban political discussion or kick people off who have been here and enjoying a good discussion, but I am implementing two major rules and I will attempt to enforce them and be over here a lot at first, but hopefully the rough edges of these threads will get smoothed out and it'll result in a more enjoyable and well-reasoned discourse for all.

Rule 1: No Personal Attacks or Ridiculous Name-Calling
I don't just mean for your fellow poster either. I mean for anyone; celebrity, political figure, opposing coach, whatever.​
Example: You can call a certain former IU coach an abusive person because it has been documented. However, you can't call him a fat, old, p.o.s..​
Rule 2: Stay on Topic
I can't have every thread in here devolving in a political argument when the original topic is something like: "Puppies are Cute".​
Everybody got it? Great. I love and respect you all, please be civil.

Reactions: Matt Tiger
Hey guys. No speech about celebrities or the government.

New Rules.

What would be best is if this board were used for what it was intended - any OT conversations that don’t belong on the football/basketball boards.

Rather than finding the best way to moderate out the bad stuff, the goal should really be to increase participation and drive free memberships to paid memberships,

i suggest keeping it open and (mostly) uncensored, but also finding a way to make it more engaging. Start by un-hiding the links on the site menus

Last edited:
Reactions: ecouch
I say let people decide what discussions they want to engage in. If they don't like it, get offended, etc, then they don't have to read it.
We're all adults. We don't need protection from ourselves.

Ok, here's the deal, I don't want to be over here every day deleting replies and breaking up fights. The current climate here is very aggressive from all sides. I don't want to ban political discussion or kick people off who have been here and enjoying a good discussion, but I am implementing two major rules and I will attempt to enforce them and be over here a lot at first, but hopefully the rough edges of these threads will get smoothed out and it'll result in a more enjoyable and well-reasoned discourse for all.

I don't just mean for your fellow poster either. I mean for anyone; celebrity, political figure, opposing coach, whatever.​
Example: You can call a certain former IU coach an abusive person because it has been documented. However, you can't call him a fat, old, p.o.s..​
I can't have every thread in here devolving in a political argument when the original topic is something like: "Puppies are Cute".​
Could I humbly request that when you enforce the rules on specific posts, you explain the reasoning so we can learn as we go along?

Happy Thanksgiving to all...

I'm tired of being called names just because my views differ from some posters hereand my posts are longer than 2 words. Looking back, the vast majority of my speculations became true.

I'm tired of being called names just because my views differ from some posters hereand my posts are longer than 2 words. Looking back, the vast majority of my speculations became true.
You have 9 posts in the last 6 months, and one in the last month. Sounds like a small sample size.

Is there a rule against using the site to advertise for the selling of fraudulent college degrees?

You're free to say anything you want, as long s you don't use words.
Words are EVIL.
Words OFFEND sensitive people.
The First Amendment no longer exists in WOKE WORLD, where adults get treated like 5 yr olds.

The General Discussion Forum used to be a great place where people with differing opinions could discuss politics. Yeah, it got a bit chippy on occasion, but we all knew each other, took some shots at each other, but I doubt that anyone lost a moment of sleep over it.

Occasionally, people, who seldom agreed about anything, actually found some common ground, which seems like the whole point of a discussion forum.

When the word police show up, it will be no surprise to anyone, when only one side of the argument will be deemed offensive and shut down. Then the good little drones can all march in lockstep and not have to waste their time thinking. Their thoughts will be determined by the man behind the curtain and transmitted to them, so they will have no doubts about what will be deemed acceptable. George Orwell would be proud!

ADVERTISEMENT