ADVERTISEMENT

New DL transfer

I always wonder how much homework the staff is able to do on these transfers. Do you think Brohm is able to obtain insider knowledge of why a guy like this is transferring and, for a player who did not get much playing time, what kind of performance they showed in practice? Or is it just a complete gamble based on their original recruiting profile? There is a reason for every transfer, some unfulfilled expectation. Best case it is simply a player who is stuck behind other very talented players on the depth chart. Worst case, and I fear more common among P5 transfers, is there is some other baggage.

I always wonder how much homework the staff is able to do on these transfers. Do you think Brohm is able to obtain insider knowledge of why a guy like this is transferring and, for a player who did not get much playing time, what kind of performance they showed in practice? Or is it just a complete gamble based on their original recruiting profile? There is a reason for every transfer, some unfulfilled expectation. Best case it is simply a player who is stuck behind other very talented players on the depth chart. Worst case, and I fear more common among P5 transfers, is there is some other baggage.

I’d like to imagine that Brohm and Co. make a few phone calls and do a little homework prior to accepting a transfer. But then again I’m not on the staff so I have no idea.

Reactions: bonefish1
I’d like to imagine that Brohm and Co. make a few phone calls and do a little homework prior to accepting a transfer. But then again I’m not on the staff so I have no idea.
I would expect that as well.

In this case, he may be transferring because SC fired the hc who recruited him.

It occurs to me that by adding talented transfers on the defensive side of the ball, the DC position could become more attractive to additional candidates. I recognize that is a bit backward from regular thinking that says the DC must be in place before you can attract the talent. Thoughts?

One of our highest ranked players on the team. He is up there with Bell and Karlaftis. Hope he lives up to his ranking!

Welcome Mr. Anderson!! You are definitely needed.
Yes, welcome aboard. I suspect that he asked enough questions, got enough answers to know an announcement might be happening sooner than later on DC. Playing time is up for grabs. If he puts in the work, a good amount of PT may come his way.

Reactions: Purdue85

I would agree. They don't want to bring a locker room problem into the program but I'm sure like most big time programs, they're willing to allow a few indiscretions in exchange for talent and production.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT