ADVERTISEMENT

Never thought I’d say this … give hazell credit

BCfanatic2020

All-American
Jan 5, 2020
His offense was basically a bunch of Jim tressel plays that would have worked if he had Maurice clarett, and not low level 3 stars, but at least he could hang his hat on tough linemen and defensive players. I can’t tell you what this team can hang their hat on.

It was a bad team last year. Okay fine. Kirk ferentz won 4 games in two years.

The team looks like they went 4-8, left the day after their last game and then showed up a week before their first game

Darrell hazells teams weren’t any good, but at least you could see where they were trying to improve.

When was the last time Purdue was down 24 to Illinois? Brandon Hanse??

Reactions: RossMackey
His offense was basically a bunch of Jim tressel plays that would have worked if he had Maurice clarett, and not low level 3 stars, but at least he could hang his hat on tough linemen and defensive players. I can’t tell you what this team can hang their hat on.

It was a bad team last year. Okay fine. Kirk ferentz won 4 games in two years.

The team looks like they went 4-8, left the day after their last game and then showed up a week before their first game

Darrell hazells teams weren’t any good, but at least you could see where they were trying to improve.

When was the last time Purdue was down 24 to Illinois? Brandon Hanse??
You and I remember the Hazell days much differently.

You and I remember the Hazell days much differently.
He left behind good linemen on both sides and defenders. Just had a pop Warner scheme that only worked on offense if you what Jim tressel’s players.

He didn’t look much better than the shit we were watching all year but somewhat

Reactions: Boiler8285
He left behind good linemen on both sides and defenders. Just had a pop Warner scheme that only worked on offense if you what Jim tressel’s players.

He didn’t look much better than the shit we were watching all year but somewhat
Let’s just agree to disagree on that. Hazell left a $h!7 show when he got canned.

Didn’t say it wasn’t but the Hazell days were far worse than this.
Hazell left ten guys who graded over 70 on defense for Jeff brohm in year one. And I know that wasn’t nick holt working miracles cause that number went to 7 then 3 by 2019.

He had no offense. Not even Gerry Faust’s high school offense. But he didn’t have a loose defense with little fight by the end

Short memory. This team can’t stop anyone. Not even to meat of schedule. That was not a an outstanding offense doing whatever they wanted against us today
I’ve never seen defense this bad. Hazell’s teams had bad scores because the offense was a 3 and out machine, but so was this team till about an hour ago.

Didn’t say it wasn’t but the Hazell days were far worse than this.
By the way just so we are clear, I wanted hazell gone after his opening press conference when he got hired, in which he said he was going to play tressel ball at Purdue. As bad as he was, he was just slightly better than the shit we have watched this year.

Short memory. This team can’t stop anyone. Not even to meat of schedule. That was not a an outstanding offense doing whatever they wanted against us today
Short memory? Son I stood in the stands for everyone of Hazell’s games and saw the absolute debacle that was. Loss to Marshall, loss to Bowling Green, loss to Central Michigan … for S&!+ sake son look at the history you’re defending. Walters has at least cooked his cupcakes. Hell Hazell damn near lost to ISU his first year.

Short memory? Son I stood in the stands for everyone of Hazell’s games and saw the absolute debacle that was. Loss to Marshall, loss to Bowling Green, loss to Central Michigan … for S&!+ sake son look at the history you’re defending. Walters has at least cooked his cupcakes. Hell Hazell damn near lost to ISU his first year.
It’s been sub hazell this season

Reactions: pboiler18
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT