ADVERTISEMENT

<NCAA Tourney First Round> Purdue vs. ODU: Predictions & Game Thread

JohnnyDoeBoiler

All-American
Sep 23, 2013
West Lafayette
Here we go Boiler Backers and Purdue Phanatics! This is the time of the year we have been patiently waiting for since November and now the time is for those Boiler Boys to put on a show!

Boiler Up!
Hammer Down!
Hail Purdue!
To Your Call Once More We Rally!!!!!
Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

tenor.gif

Here we go Boiler Backers and Purdue Phanatics! This is the time of the year we have been patiently waiting for since November and now the time is for those Boiler Boys to put on a show!

Boiler Up!
Hammer Down!
Hail Purdue!

tenor.gif
Boilers to the FINAL FOUR AND BEYOND.

It will be a close game. We win by 6.

I wish this game was not so late. Going to be too early of a morning to get to work tomorrow.
Let's take a look at three different possibilities:

1. Carsen goes 15-26 and drops 40 points but nobody else scores in double figures
2. Carsen goes 6-26 and gets 22 points while 3 other starters get in double figures. Bench scores less than 5 points total.
3. Carsen 6-11 and scores 20 points while one other starter goes for 15+. The bench provides 15+ points.

Of those 3 options, where do you think Purdue ends up against ODU? BTW, those are 3 stat lines that are from 3 different games at different points in the season.

1. Carsen goes 15-26 and drops 40 points but nobody else scores in double figures
2. Carsen goes 6-26 and gets 22 points while 3 other starters get in double figures. Bench scores less than 5 points total.
3. Carsen 6-11 and scores 20 points while one other starter goes for 15+. The bench provides 15+ points.

Of those 3 options, where do you think Purdue ends up against ODU? BTW, those are 3 stat lines that are from 3 different games at different points in the season.
Trick question, we win every game JOHNNY!

Yesterday I got dive bombed by a crow who landed on a light pole and cawed at me incessantly for the next 30 seconds. However last night I had this crazy ménage a trios dream.....but what does it all mean....I am Choosing to ignore the creepy bird and I’m going to assume the threesome dream represents the Boilermakers going white hot from 3 point land.

Yesterday I got dive bombed by a crow who landed on a light pole and cawed at me incessantly for the next 30 seconds. However last night I had this crazy ménage a trios dream.....but what does it all mean....I am Choosing to ignore the creepy bird and I’m going to assume the threesome dream represents the Boilermakers going white hot from 3 point land.
I had a dream that ODU clapped our cheeks, we will see I guess. I'm expecting my alcohol influenced dreams to be vivid tonight regardless of the outcome!

Reactions: Boiler_Pete99

Any of those scenarios spell a tight game unless we really clamp down on defense. Ideally would like to see Carsen get his 25 on less than the same # of shots, have another starter in double figures, and the bench chips in for 20+.

#1 - we win by 10
#2 - we win by 16
#3 - we win by 13

Boiler Up!
Hammer Down!
Hail Purdue!

tenor.gif

76-51 Boilers win !

Like Dakich and Greenburg said depends on Carsen. If he feels like he has to carry the whole team and has a 4 for 20 type of game Boilers are in trouble. If he plays within the offense and scores 20 or more Boilers win.

Boiler Up!
Hammer Down!
Hail Purdue!

tenor.gif
Close first half. We build a 13+ point lead in the second half. Get bored late game and hang on to win by 7.

Like Dakich and Greenburg said depends on Carsen. If he feels like he has to carry the whole team and has a 4 for 20 type of game Boilers are in trouble. If he plays within the offense and scores 20 or more Boilers win.
Lets hope for the second......

Just read an interesting post on Twitter:

“ This is Matt Painter of Purdue’s 12 appearance in the NCAA Tournament. The most of any active NCAA Coach 55 years old or under.”

Boiler Up!!

Seems like a lot of good Boiler tid bits lately...……...I guess PU/CMP are pretty good. Who would have thought?

We cant be having bad halves of basketball now.
Play good team ball with out fouling.
I'd also like to see the backups all play in the game asap to break the nerves.
Our bench is an asset, nice to get them going.

We win by 20.
Wheeler will have a good game playing out east. 2games.

A new season......a fresh start.....if this is indeed Carsen Edwards' last go-around with the Boilers.....I'd like to see him and the team put it all together and start this run tonight - establish Dominion over the Monarchs. Boilers need an intense focused effort.....one step/game at a time. I like the Boilers tonight; it should be a good contest.

Boiler up, my friends.

isaachayes1x18x10x05xmc.jpg

Is this lady motormouth gonna do the Purdue game too? I hate female broadcasters.

Baird just posted the Referrees for tonight’s game on Twitter:

Jamie Luckie, Tony Chiazza, Steve McJunkins ( B1G)

Gosh I hope they don’t bend over backwards overcompensating to prove they’re not B1G biased!

Gosh I hope they don’t bend over backwards overcompensating to prove they’re not B1G biased!
That’s bad news as far as I am concerned. Unless there is a conserted effort to get PU to the final four.

Reactions: purduepat1969

Wait would that mean we would actually get calls?

Reactions: Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT