ADVERTISEMENT

Myles Colvin

hmmm....12 players. Painter only plays 9. There are no RS options. I think I hear Dr. Who's portal revving up. I wonder what the landscape will look like if they win it all this year.

hmmm....12 players. Painter only plays 9. There are no RS options. I think I hear Dr. Who's portal revving up. I wonder what the landscape will look like if they win it all this year.
A player or two likely leaves, I hope not but that’s the nature of the beast. If Edey returns it’s difficult to see Berg getting much time, guessing he’ll be fine with that. Not going to list about the guys that possibly leave, not hard to figure out though.

A player or two likely leaves, I hope not but that’s the nature of the beast. If Edey returns it’s difficult to see Berg getting much time, guessing he’ll be fine with that. Not going to list about the guys that possibly leave, not hard to figure out though.
OR and that’s a big or…Berg plays the 4. Apparently he came to Purdue to learn to play the 5. Twin towers!

I think I'm in-tune with the team and it's not easy for me to figure out. Mostly because I think our guys are just different. Painter signs guys that are different. I agree that it is the nature of the beast. But I think we have a different beast. ... Waddell, no. Heide, no. Who else might? I don't see it.

Appreciate you wording it more mindfully this time. Last year, you made a few posts absolutely promising that Newman would be leaving.

Yeah, transfers are an inevitable part of today's game. But unless someone has complete 100% lead-pipe locked info that a player is leaving, I think it's detrimental to state it as factual when it is not.

Speculation is natural, typical message board stuff. Posting it as gospel isnt IMO

And can we play a zone ?

Been real nice talkin to ya, New Pal....... :)

giphy.gif

I think I'm in-tune with the team and it's not easy for me to figure out. Mostly because I think our guys are just different. Painter signs guys that are different. I agree that it is the nature of the beast. But I think we have a different beast. ... Waddell, no. Heide, no. Who else might? I don't see it.
I could see the possibility of TKR leaving.

Reactions: MetMyWifeAtHarrys
Probably start Berg , bring Edey off the bench 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Paint will figure out the roster. We will need to get a backup for Smith in the portal so if Edey stays we might see a transfer or two.

I believe we have a walk-on on scholarship this season so I think of everyone stays we should have a scholarship for that point guard.

Don’t forget we add Berg and Heide to the mix as well.

Paint will figure out the roster. We will need to get a backup for Smith in the portal so if Edey stays we might see a transfer or two.

I believe we have a walk-on on scholarship this season so I think of everyone stays we should have a scholarship for that point guard.

Don’t forget we add Berg and Heide to the mix as well.
That's right , Wowser, what a beast of a team if Edey stays.
Berg changes the floor entirely if he brings his 3 pt shot , add athleticism of Colvin...if Painter and Company can gel those guys collectively as a TEAM and they will...😁 gonna be fun.

Lob pass and jam was awesome. Traveled on the pass/shot off the glass.
Yeah, I was always under the impression if a lob toward the basket did not hit the rim and was not a legitimate shot attempt, catching it on the 'rebound' was traveling. Honestly, I can't remember it ever happening when I was playing, though. :D

Probably start Berg , bring Edey off the bench 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Probably do one of the two next year, TIC:
1. Mason throws from the baseline, Edey catches at the midcourt, then throws the sinker to the cup.

2. Myles throws from the baseline, Colvin catches at midcourt, then throws to the backboard,
to just catch and dunk..

It is up to Painter.

Game over.,

Last edited:
Predictions and opinions are just that....predictions and opinions. None of the talking heads/experts and no one on this board predicted what is happening right now, myself included. No one. Most people opine with the law of averages. This year is certainly well outside the bell curve. Let's enjoy the ride.

Why are our guys different? We've had plenty of transfers over the years. Two last year.

We loose guys not because they don't like Painter or their teammates, we loose guys who don't see an opportunity for playing time and that's exactly what many are posting about during this thread. You can't play 12 guys. Nine is a stretch.

I don't really care who stays or goes. I'll cheer for whoever is wearing a Purdue jersey next fall.

I always thought that Newman would eventually turn the corner and become a solid starter and I am still rooting for him. He seems like a great young man with a positive attitude. I don’t want him to go, but if he does I will still root for him.
I actually thought Newman's production this year would be similar to Loyer's results to date. I though Loyer's numbers would be more like Newman's. From a team perspective we're getting about what I expected from the 2, 3 and 4 spots.

Edey is just so good. He's so much better than even last year, especially on defense. His improvement along with the addition of Smith is why we're #1 instead of just another top 25 team IMO.

Why are our guys different? We've had plenty of transfers over the years. Two last year.

We loose guys not because they don't like Painter or their teammates, we loose guys who don't see an opportunity for playing time and that's exactly what many are posting about during this thread. You can't play 12 guys. Nine is a stretch.

I don't really care who stays or goes. I'll cheer for whoever is wearing a Purdue jersey next fall.
Our guys are different because they buy into the coach and the program. They are team guys. family. well coached and well-disciplined before coming here. That doesn't mean there aren't dozens of other kids just like them who go elsewhere. And some of those transfer here. Jenkins has bought into the coach and the family. Even if it didn't look like he would when he transferred.

I totally agree that we lose guys due to limited playing time.

Last edited:
OR and that’s a big or…Berg plays the 4. Apparently he came to Purdue to learn to play the 5. Twin towers!
Maybe down the road, not sure next year. If Edey returns which is a big if, Purdue still has Furst, Renn, Gillis, there’s really no
room for that unless he’s that good. If all return it’s going to be a challenge for Painter as far as minutes are concerned.

An important aspect of this post is just exactly who are these guys in the transfer portal? Jenkins is an exception. Most of 5he guys in the portal are the kids who couldn’t get playing time at Coastal Carolina or some other directional school. By the way, how is the all-transfer team at Ohio State working out? I just don’t want to hear the bull crap about getting guys from the portal to make up short comings on our team. Like I said, Jenkins is the exception. Most of the guys in the portal will be like IT. Good guys, but not a player that will add greatly to our success.

Maybe down the road, not sure next year. If Edey returns which is a big if, Purdue still has Furst, Renn, Gillis, there’s really no
room for that unless he’s that good. If all return it’s going to be a challenge for Painter as far as minutes are concerned.
Haven’t seen a draft board with Edey on it. Perhaps he gets feedback from a scout or GM that they will take him so he gets guaranteed money. Otherwise, that is a massive risk.

Reactions: Longboat Boiler
Haven’t seen a draft board with Edey on it. Perhaps he gets feedback from a scout or GM that they will take him so he gets guaranteed money. Otherwise, that is a massive risk.
He’s appeared on some draft boards as high as pick 40 but all in the second round. Interesting that emoni Bates is also a late second round projection. Crazy from a former #1 recruit.

ADVERTISEMENT