ADVERTISEMENT

Myles Colvin jumps 46 spots into top 100 on Rivals.

Wasn't Gary Harris a top 30 kid out of HS and a lottery pick? So he gets bumped to 100? Lol that doesn't make sense

He was definitely a Lenny Special......top 20, 5* recruit out of high school. Could have gone football route as a WR - very talented. Chicago drafted him 19th and was traded to Denver (big mistake from Da Bulls).

I would say that Gary Harris was more polished at this stage and played less of a power game than Myles Colvin, IMHO. Any kind of comparison to Harris is high praise indeed.

Myles Colvin and Dravyn Gibbs-Lawhorn will give Matt Painter back-court combo cards he's not been dealt before.......a lot of options.......we shall see.

Harris ended up pretty high, but I dont think he was highly ranked early on...that’s if memory serves me correct.

100 seems criminally low for Colvin even after the big jump from the highlights I've seen.
Harris went to a big school at HSE. I would think he plays against higher competition and gets more exposure. I can’t compare their games, but height and weight seem similar.

Colvin seems like he is a very good shooter and has some crazy athleticism around the basket.

So there are 99 players better than Colvin? Doubtful. Do these people watch basketball?
I think 40-60 would be fair. If you look at his highlights, he seems to get to the rim whenever he wants. These HS guys just can't get in his way. He's too big/strong/quick for them. It's just unfair. I've seen a nice little fadeaway shot. He shoot the open three very well.

Is it possible that at one point he was overlooked bc his game might have been one-dimensional? Maybe Rivals didn't think his game translated bc of the competition? Completely possible. I think his game translates very well. I would like to see him develop a midrange shot that he could use in the half court.

Wasn't Gary Harris a top 30 kid out of HS and a lottery pick? So he gets bumped to 100? Lol that doesn't make sense
"Reminds of" does not equal "Is as good as."

As usual, we will see, but it certainly looks like he's blowing up.

Reactions: rgarlitz
He was definitely a Lenny Special......top 20, 5* recruit out of high school. Could have gone football route as a WR - very talented. Chicago drafted him 19th and was traded to Denver (big mistake from Da Bulls).
NBA draft pick trades are made official after the pick is made, not before. You pick my guy, I'll pick yours, then we'll trade. The Bulls were all in on McDermott, which I loved at the time. They also weren't in need of 2 guys, so they traded Harris and another guy for McDermott.

Wow, Cathedral's Xavier Booker rocketed up to #2 overall. A class of DGL, Myles, and Booker would be incredible.
Strangely though, and I'm first looking at this, his 247 composite is 70, but his 247 ranking is 4? How can it be that much different?

Watch what he does with furst and Kaufman. Hammons should have played in the nba for 15 years, but loved the chronic too much. Got Landry a nice nba career and got jj drafted in the first round. Sounds pretty successful

I think you just proved their point. All of these players were great in college, but outside of Landry didn’t do anything in the NBA.
Did Johnson get paid as a 1st Rounder? Yes. He was a tweener - too small for C and too slow for PF in the NBA. That’s Painter’s fault?

Did Biggie get paid as a 1st Rounder? Yes. Biggie smoked and ate his way out of the league and opted out during Covid. Had he not done that, he might still be in the league. He was good enough to have stuck. To say that Painter didn’t develop Biggie into an NBA-caliber player is ridiculous.

Tre is going to get a shot in the league. I think Edey will too.

None of these guys are currently in the NBA. That’s my point. Doubt Booker even knows who Landry and JJ are.
I think what he is saying is CMP got them to the NBA. Now, it falls on the player to have enough talent to be successful. To me that shows what he can do with 4* players that need help getting to the next level vs. 5* who have established themselves to be a 1st rounder.

Did Johnson get paid as a 1st Rounder? Yes. He was a tweener - too small for C and too slow for PF in the NBA. That’s Painter’s fault?

Did Biggie get paid as a 1st Rounder? Yes. Biggie smoked and ate his way out of the league and opted out during Covid. Had he not done that, he might still be in the league. He was good enough to have stuck. To say that Painter didn’t develop Biggie into an NBA-caliber player is ridiculous.

The NBA is ridiculously competitive. All you can ask for is a shot. If you are a late first rounder or a second rounder, you aren't guaranteed much of anything. It also has been identified that you have some shortcomings for one reason or another. I wouldn't say that any of these guys were elite recruits (except Swanigan).

We're not getting booker.
Based on what? G-league he has been a Purdue fan his whole short life. I know of all the offers but Purdue and MSU have been recruiting him for years also we have the whole Rosevelt Colvin connection in our favor. I like our chances, but I am not 100% hopefully Jason Delaney his HS coach can help us out as well Newman, Ivey and Furst have all played for him with Indy Heat. He and Myles should be 1 and 2 for Mr. Basketball if both stay in Indiana for HS.

Greg Doyle had a story this week where he said Edey would have been a late 1st round draft pick but didn't want to split time at the end of a bench or G-league. Nick Nurse head coach of the Raptors said he would've drafted Zach this year Zach worked out with him for the Canadian National team last summer. Zach came back to elevate his draft position and his shot at National Player of the year. I have seen private video of him practicing his 3-point shot and guarding smaller guards in the open court BIG things are coming for Purdue and Zach!

Greg Doyle had a story this week where he said Edey would have been a late 1st round draft pick but didn't want to split time at the end of a bench or G-league. Nick Nurse head coach of the Raptors said he would've drafted Zach this year Zach worked out with him for the Canadian National team last summer. Zach came back to elevate his draft position and his shot at National Player of the year. I have seen private video of him practicing his 3-point shot and guarding smaller guards in the open court BIG things are coming for Purdue and Zach!
If Zach can just have a reliable 15 foot shot this year it will pay huge dividends for him and the team. If he can hit the 3 with consistency (which I have doubts of) then the sky is the limit for him.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Based on what? G-league he has been a Purdue fan his whole short life. I know of all the offers but Purdue and MSU have been recruiting him for years also we have the whole Rosevelt Colvin connection in our favor. I like our chances, but I am not 100% hopefully Jason Delaney his HS coach can help us out as well Newman, Ivey and Furst have all played for him with Indy Heat. He and Myles should be 1 and 2 for Mr. Basketball if both stay in Indiana for HS.
Based on him being a top 10 5-star recruit.

Reactions: BoilerDeac
How much is Ruiz offering him?

Reactions: oldboiler52
As a Purdue fan I don't want Edey shooting 3's unless he can hit them at a 40% + rate. What's the point of being 7'4" in college basketball if your going to stand out at the three point line. I'd rather he shoot 65 -70% from 2 and be in position for a rebound then standing out at the three point line. It makes absolutely no sense.

ADVERTISEMENT