ADVERTISEMENT

Mykelti Williams has decided not to sign w/ Cuse

Was Mykelti a player that the Boilers have pursued in the past??

Yes. He had secretly committed to Purdue this past Spring from his junior college, and things were looking good. But Purdue admissions refused to admit him. And now Syracuse admissions has done the same.

There must be something on his academic track record from Notre Dame that is causing two admissions departments to deny his entry to college. My guess is he ends up at a place like Kansas whose state says no person will be denied admission.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
Yes. He had secretly committed to Purdue this past Spring from his junior college, and things were looking good. But Purdue admissions refused to admit him. And now Syracuse admissions has done the same.

There must be something on his academic track record from Notre Dame that is causing two admissions departments to deny his entry to college. My guess is he ends up at a place like Kansas whose state says no person will be denied admission.
It's too bad that he doesn't seem to have his house in order. For his sake, I hope he can get this straightened out. Then maybe he could once again be a player on the PU radar

Reactions: boiler800

I don't think grades are the issue

ok. the simple facts are: he left Notre Dame. he attended and played for a JuCo college. he was about to commit and sign with Purdue. he liked Purdue and was about to be one of Brohm's better recruits. (there's an old thread discussing this) there is another thread that said he didn't sign with Purdue because Purdue's Admissions office would not allow him as a student. And now Syracuse' admissions office has done exactly the same thing.

In each case, Notre Dame, Purdue, and Syracuse would not reveal the reasons for their actions. This leads to speculation about what personal records the admissions office has access to.

I wish him well. but if both admissions offices of Purdue and Syracuse turned him down, I have to believe it was for the same reason, and other Div 1 schools will follow the same path.

Reactions: boiler800
ok. the simple facts are: he left Notre Dame. he attended and played for a JuCo college. he was about to commit and sign with Purdue. he liked Purdue and was about to be one of Brohm's better recruits. (there's an old thread discussing this) there is another thread that said he didn't sign with Purdue because Purdue's Admissions office would not allow him as a student. And now Syracuse' admissions office has done exactly the same thing.

In each case, Notre Dame, Purdue, and Syracuse would not reveal the reasons for their actions. This leads to speculation about what personal records the admissions office has access to.

I wish him well. but if both admissions offices of Purdue and Syracuse turned him down, I have to believe it was for the same reason, and other Div 1 schools will follow the same path.

I remember the thread. If he graduated from the juco, there is little academically that should stand in his way. Admissions could take issue with something else. Just speculation

I remember the thread. If he graduated from the juco, there is little academically that should stand in his way. Admissions could take issue with something else. Just speculation
There has to be "something else" of great substance to block his admittance.

ADVERTISEMENT