ADVERTISEMENT

My phone call w/ Purdue ticket office regarding BIG tournament tix's...

pu92boiler

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2005
I called the Purdue ticket office Friday and asked if I could purchase lower bowl tickets for the BIG tournament.

1. The person who answered the phone asked if I was a John Purdue Club Member. I said I was not. She said they only sell the lower bowl tickets to JPC members.

2. I said, okay, can I purchase general tickets? She said no, I would need to call one of the ticket agencies.

3. I asked if there was a minimum JPC level to be able to order the lower bowl tickets? She said, not really.

4. I asked if there was a cut-off date for JPC members to order tickets? She said there is not a cut-off date set, but if I want to have a JPC member order them for me, I should do it soon, because "he" is going to review the applications soon (I have no idea who "he" is).

5. I asked how many tickets does Purdue receive? She said, we don't receive an allotment, we just order what is needed.

I found the process and communication that Purdue sells tickets for the BIG tourney to be very odd.

-- Wouldn't the office want to secure/request as many tickets as we can and then try to "market" them to Purdue fans?

-- Why wouldn't they establish a cut-off date, promote it and create a sense of urgency?

I imagine if Purdue was a contender which I would think would result in more demand, then they would allocate by JPC level, but I just thought the whole process was odd.

Sounds like any JPC member that requests will receive, which is good I guess, but I think Purdue is missing out by not creating a marketing plan to encourage ticket sales.

I am a customer and ready to buy and I couldn't.

This post was edited on 1/31 9:20 PM by pu92boiler

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.