ADVERTISEMENT

My How Times Change, Libs…

Bruce1

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2001
Today they are fighting against welfare work requirements as part of their Debt Limit negotiations but in 1996.

After having vetoed two welfare reform bills, on this day in 1996 President Bill Clinton signed the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act. The legislation substantially reconstructed the nation’s welfare system by giving state governments more autonomy over welfare services while also reducing the federal government’s role.

This from Politico in 1996

Clinton signs ‘Welfare to Work’ bill, Aug. 22, 1996​

Drafted by Rep. John Kasich (R-Ohio) in a GOP-controlled Congress, the act ended welfare as an entitlement program; required recipients to begin working after two years of receiving benefits; placed a lifetime limit of five years on benefits paid by federal funds; sought to encourage two-parent families and to discourage out-of-wedlock births; enhanced enforcement of child support, and required state professional and occupational licenses to be withheld from undocumented immigrants.

Today they are fighting against welfare work requirements as part of their Debt Limit negotiations but in 1996.

After having vetoed two welfare reform bills, on this day in 1996 President Bill Clinton signed the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act. The legislation substantially reconstructed the nation’s welfare system by giving state governments more autonomy over welfare services while also reducing the federal government’s role.

This from Politico in 1996

Clinton signs ‘Welfare to Work’ bill, Aug. 22, 1996​

Drafted by Rep. John Kasich (R-Ohio) in a GOP-controlled Congress, the act ended welfare as an entitlement program; required recipients to begin working after two years of receiving benefits; placed a lifetime limit of five years on benefits paid by federal funds; sought to encourage two-parent families and to discourage out-of-wedlock births; enhanced enforcement of child support, and required state professional and occupational licenses to be withheld from undocumented immigrants.

Can't have these work requirements. You see the people might work, prosper & escape the slavery of their Dem masters. NO SIR, we can't have people prospering and escaping the plantation. These new Dem slave masters just won't have that!!!

• Love
Reactions: TheGunner
Can't have these work requirements. You see the people might work, prosper & escape the slavery of their Dem masters. NO SIR, we can't have people prospering and escaping the plantation. These new Dem slave masters just won't have that!!!
What about the millions of poor republicans that are on public aid? What about the able bodied military veterans that are claiming 100% that ain’t working? I know a few personally that are conservatives. Ne’er one of them served any combat. Y’all say nothing about those folks.

What about the millions of poor republicans that are on public aid? What about the able bodied military veterans that are claiming 100% that ain’t working? I know a few personally that are conservatives. Ne’er one of them served any combat. Y’all say nothing about those folks.

ANYONE disabled, like a disabled vet, should get help.

As far as ALL the poor, or able bodied........work requirements! The system should be designed to get people off the system......not keep them in slavery.
Do you agree?

ANYONE disabled, like a disabled vet, should get help.

As far as ALL the poor, or able bodied........work requirements! The system should be designed to get people off the system......not keep them in slavery.
Do you agree?
That's my point. Ain't a darn thing wrong with these military veterans that I know. These folks scam the system like anyone else. Y'all keep blaming the democrats for this. I have yet to see a plan from the republicans to address this.

What about that dude that sprained his ankle way back while playing high school football at a military prep school and then later in life trying to military benefits?

That's my point. Ain't a darn thing wrong with these military veterans that I know. These folks scam the system like anyone else. Y'all keep blaming the democrats for this. I have yet to see a plan from the republicans to address this.

What about that dude that sprained his ankle way back while playing high school football at a military prep school and then later in life trying to military benefits?

My plan ...

Eliminate ALL handouts, every single one, except for the seriously disabled.

Claims of disability should be stringently monitored & constantly investigated, quarterly, by Government entity issuing.

Can you agree to that?

Last edited:
My plan ...

Eliminate ALL handouts, every single one, except for the seriously disabled.

Claims of disability should be stringently monitored & constantly investigated, quarterly, by Government entity issuing.

Can you agree to that?
I’ll agree to it only if you include getting rid of all of the tax breaks/loopholes for the wealthy. Plus getting rid of military benefits when there ain’t a darn thing wrong with them.

I’ll agree to it only if you include getting rid of all of the tax breaks/loopholes for the wealthy. Plus getting rid of military benefits when there ain’t a darn thing wrong with them.

I would agree to that in a heartbeat. I think 60-70% of Americans would too.

I think there are LOTS of places to cut where 60-70% of Americans could agree with.

Why not make them all work?

Why not make them all work

Reactions: SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT