ADVERTISEMENT

My favorite thing about Smith...

Do you know the smith family?...
yes, well dad and granddad mostly. I've met Ginny, Dustin's wife and their other son, but can't say I really "know" them. Actually, I just returned home from a ball game where I saw a few coaches and other people I used to play ball with. One of the coaches was Dustin's dad (Braden's granddad). He said, "I figured you would be in Portland." jokingly. I told him and the great grandparents of Braden that Braden reminds me a bit of Dustin and they all nodded in agreement. I also ended up sitting beside (for a bit) Dustin's coach for the Bigs in his AAU team. Kurt Cunninghan is about 6'9" and think he was at Boise State??? and then played overseas a bit. I said, I understand you guys tried to get Flory to play for you and he said yes. He said we sent one to Purdue and I said Braden. ;) Told him I fell in love with his game the first time I saw him. Now, I'm not a family friend and such and so it is always around basketball the conversation.

yes, well dad and granddad mostly. I've met Ginny, Dustin's wife and their other son, but can't say I really "know" them. Actually, I just returned home from a ball game where I saw a few coaches and other people I used to play ball with. One of the coaches was Dustin's dad (Braden's granddad). He said, "I figured you would be in Portland." jokingly. I told him and the great grandparents of Braden that Braden reminds me a bit of Dustin and they all nodded in agreement. I also ended up sitting beside (for a bit) Dustin's coach for the Bigs in his AAU team. Kurt Cunninghan is about 6'9" and think he was at Boise State??? and then played overseas a bit. I said, I understand you guys tried to get Flory to play for you and he said yes. He said we sent one to Purdue and I said Braden. ;) Told him I fell in love with his game the first time I saw him. Now, I'm not a family friend and such and so it is always around basketball the conversation.
Makes sense that his family are all coaches...he seems advanced in basketball awareness for his age...surprised his family is not out in Portland, think his mom quit coaching to follow him at Purdue....

Reactions: tjreese
Makes sense that his family are all coaches...he seems advanced in basketball awareness for his age...surprised his family is not out in Portland, think his mom quit coaching to follow him at Purdue....
Yes, FWIW Ginny told me that the other son sometimes amazes them with his understanding. Somewhere in some thread in the early stages of Braden committing I posted a twitter post of their younger son (Maddox) going down the court on a fast break and passing behind his back to a cutter going up the left side. I joked with her saying Braden had no chance. ;)

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Yes, FWIW Ginny told me that the other son sometimes amazes them with his understanding. Somewhere in some thread in the early stages of Braden committing I posted a twitter post of their younger son (Maddox) going down the court on a fast break and passing behind his back to a cutter going up the left side. I joked with her saying Braden had no chance. ;)
Hey TJ - I went into Monticello from the west on 24 the other day and there it was ... Mount's old semi trailer, still sitting in that farm lot.

Hey TJ - I went into Monticello from the west on 24 the other day and there it was ... Mount's old semi trailer, still sitting in that farm lot.
I wasn't even aware there was an old semi trailer or why it would be in that location. I have to write Connie Musser...Glen's wife. I just learned a couple of weeks ago at a football game that Glen passed away about two years ago. So many people have died in the last couple of years that I am just now finding out. Perhaps the local paper would add some value? Tomorrow I eat some things I shouldn't and then get ready for the start of what I hope is a nice run.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
I wasn't even aware there was an old semi trailer or why it would be in that location. I have to write Connie Musser...Glen's wife. I just learned a couple of weeks ago at a football game that Glen passed away about two years ago. So many people have died in the last couple of years that I am just now finding out. Perhaps the local paper would add some value? Tomorrow I eat some things I shouldn't and then get ready for the start of what I hope is a nice run.
Glen's death was tough! ... Rick Miles (football announcer in the late 70's)... died last week. He ended-up being a high-up with ESPN in Houston. I'm not sure why it's in Monticello. It's been there for decades. I know Rick's last few camps were in Monticello.

ADVERTISEMENT