ADVERTISEMENT

Must see, do, eat, and drink?

Dec 17, 2017
Coming in for the PSU game. First time on campus. We like to explore the other campuses to see everything they have to offer and take in the traditions. What do you recommend as musts?

As for eating and drinking, we’re already planning to hit Harry’s and XXX. What else should we add to the list?

Walk around Union. Go into WALC near belltower .

go to slaytor hill for pregame band concert and tailgate.

Reactions: pboiler18
Coming in for the PSU game. First time on campus. We like to explore the other campuses to see everything they have to offer and take in the traditions. What do you recommend as musts?

As for eating and drinking, we’re already planning to hit Harry’s and XXX. What else should we add to the list?
If you go to Harry's on a game weekend, be prepared for a very tight packed crowd. One of the best college bars in the country. Order a Beam n Coke, Long Island or Baltimore Zoo. You'll get your money's worth.

If you go to Harry's on a game weekend, be prepared for a very tight packed crowd. One of the best college bars in the country. Order a Beam n Coke, Long Island or Baltimore Zoo. You'll get your money's worth.
Would like to add, the Black & Tan to the list. Harry's was my first B&T in the late 80s.

The traditionalists tend to stay downstairs ( my preference ), but those in the younger crowds will venture up.

So many places have closed since I left. My 2nd favorite hangout was Quincy's. I still have the mug.

The Knickerbocker, downtown Lafayette, was good too. I went "around the world" there. Mercy, my liver.

You probably won't get to one, but Dog-N-Suds has the best chili cheese and onion coneys and root beer existence has to offer. I mean the kind that can end all armed conflict across the globe. Seriously.

And as it looks like you're a sports traveler, may I recommend the Pass Sports app available in the google play for Android and apple app store for iphones. It's basically an electronic pass sport that lets you collect stamps for sports venues and famous tourist sites (or let's you make your own). And it's free! :)

Reactions: Riveting-
You probably won't get to one, but Dog-N-Suds has the best chili cheese and onion coneys and root beer existence has to offer. I mean the kind that can end all armed conflict across the globe. Seriously.
Funny you should point that out. I’ve been researching the origin of the “Texas Wiener” and planning to post something soon. I just might have to take you up on this suggestion!

I’ll also check out the app. Thanks!

My late sister was a Purdue employee for over 45 years and the first sign that spring had arrived each year was the reopening of Dog N Suds. I still stop in for root beer in a frosty mug and chili dog with onions when I'm back in town.

Bruno’s is a classy restaurant in the Levie that serves quality dinners and has a lot of Purdue memorabilia! Order some Weiner snItzel and look at the jerseys helmets trophies and photos!

Bruno’s is a classy restaurant in the Levie that serves quality dinners and has a lot of Purdue memorabilia! Order some Weiner snItzel and look at the jerseys helmets trophies and photos!
Hey Bigs, recent talk on here indicates Bruno's is nearing the end and may not be open. Was a great stop in its day.

Would like to add, the Black & Tan to the list. Harry's was my first B&T in the late 80s.

The traditionalists tend to stay downstairs ( my preference ), but those in the younger crowds will venture up.

So many places have closed since I left. My 2nd favorite hangout was Quincy's. I still have the mug.

The Knickerbocker, downtown Lafayette, was good too. I went "around the world" there. Mercy, my liver.
Sgt Preston's, if going into WL, TA Toms, Stacks (Wabash Yacht Club), the place down on the river that had penny pitchers on Thurs night, and what was the place at the Purdue West that had the fish bowls?

I just read about the Unfinished Block P. Very cool. I’ll be sure to stop by that for a photo. These are the types of things that make each campus unique. One week out!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT