ADVERTISEMENT

Mueller indicts 12 Russians in 2016 DNC hack

“there is no indication that any American was a knowing participant in this activity, and no indication that these efforts altered the vote count in any way.”

Yeah, *this* is the most important takeaway. Not that it directly defies Trump's ongoing skepticism that Russia had anything to do with the hacking, nor his frequent fawning over Putin.

Yeah, *this* is the most important takeaway. Not that it directly defies Trump's ongoing skepticism that Russia had anything to do with the hacking, nor his frequent fawning over Putin.
soooo was the DNC server really hacked? RR said the emails were obtained through "spearfishing" email scam. Explains why FBI never examined the server

Uh oh

On or about August 15, 2016, the Conspirators, posing as Guccifer 2.0, received a request for stolen documents from a candidate for the U.S. Congress. The Conspirators responded using the Guccifer 2.0 persona and sent the candidate stolen documents related to the candidate's opponent.

Mueller doesn't have anything on Trump because we would have heard about it.

Yep.
"there is no allegation in this indictment that Americans knew that they were corresponding with Russians. There is no allegation in this indictment that any American citizen committed a crime. There is no allegation that the conspiracy changed the vote count or affected any election result".

This seems like the type of stuff the IC should be preventing and not take almost 2 damn years to find 12 Russians.

Just keeps getting more and more embarrassing for Mueller

Can't be

On or about August 22,2016, the Conspirators, posing as Guccifer 2.0, transferred approximately 2.5 gigabytes of data stolen from the DCCC to a then-registered state lobbyist and online source of political news. The stolen data included donor records and personal identifying information for more than 2,000 Democratic donors.

#FakeNews

On or about August 22, 2016, the Conspirators, posing as Guccifer 2.0, sent a
reporter stolen documents pertaining to the Black Lives Matter movement. The
reporter responded by discussing when to release the documents and offering to
write an article about their release.

Witch Hunt!!

The Conspirators, posing as Guccifer 2.0, also communicated with U.S. persons about the release of stolen documents. On or about August 15, 2016, the Conspirators, posing as Guccifer 2.0, wrote to a person who was in regular contact with senior members of the presidential campaign of Donald J. Trump, "thank u for writing back ... do u find anyt[h]ing interesting in the docs I posted?" On or about August 17, 2016, the Conspirators added, "please tell me if i can help u anyhow ... it would be a great pleasure to me." On or about September 9, 2016, the Conspirators, again posing as Guccifer 2.0, referred to a stolen DCCC document posted online and asked the person, "what do u think of the info on the turnout model for the democrats entire presidential campaign." The person responded, "[p]retty standard."

#FakeNews

On or about June 27, 2016, the Conspirators, posing as Guccifer 2.0, contacted a U.S. reporter with an offer to provide stolen emails from "Hillary Clinton's staff." The Conspirators then sent the reporter the password to access a nonpublic, password-protected portion of dcleaks.com containing emails stolen from Victim 1 by LUKASHEV, YERMAKOV, and their co-conspirators in or around March 2016.

"there is no allegation in this indictment that Americans knew that they were corresponding with Russians. There is no allegation in this indictment that any American citizen committed a crime. There is no allegation that the conspiracy changed the vote count or affected any election result".

This seems like the type of stuff the IC should be preventing and not take almost 2 damn years to find 12 Russians.

"In this indictment". Said it twice. The next one will include American (s). That's what makes a conspiracy Einstein.

My point, which must have went over your head, was that the idiots who believe and have said the Trump campaign is in the clear because any evidence against them would have been leaked by now are dead wrong. Mueller keeps chopping wood and no one knows what's coming next.

It just got real

In or around September 2016, the Conspirators also successfully gained access to DNC computers hosted on a third-party cloud-computing service. These computers contained test applications related to the DNC's analytics. After conducting reconnaissance, the Conspirators gathered data by creating backups, or "snapshots," of the DNC's cloud-based systems using the cloud provider's own technology. The Conspirators then moved the snapshots to cloud-based accounts they had registered with the same service, thereby stealing the data from the DNC.

Was somebody on here defending the Russians? All of your posts seemed to be directed at someone who was.
Those posts reference Russians interacting with Americans.

Fasten your seatbelt, there's turbulence ahead.

Those posts reference Russians interacting with Americans.

Fasten your seatbelt, there's turbulence ahead.
Was there turbulence for Hillary when she won the primary after the dems stole the election from Bernie?

Was somebody on here defending the Russians? All of your posts seemed to be directed at someone who was.

Well, they were more defending Trump defending the Russians. And also improving relations with the Russians. So, there's that.

Roger Stone a close associate of the President and law partner of Paul Manafort has finally remembered that he did have a relationship with Guccifer 2.0 after denying it originally (evidence showed he clearly had contact with Guccifer).

http://www.slate.com/news-and-polit...n-reunification-57-kids-under-5-dhs-says.html

Reactions: BuilderBob6
Well, they were more defending Trump defending the Russians. And also improving relations with the Russians. So, there's that.
What does that even mean? "Defending Trump defending the Russians." Trump has said that the Russians had no impact on the election and the AG said exactly that today. You seem to think the Russians hacking the dems emails kept the liberals from going to the polls in Michigan. Better clean up your mess from your premature ejaculation.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Actually having a better day than most. You seem to think today's news means something more than it does.
Was it widely disseminated that a candidate for U.S. Congress sought help from the Russians? Stolen analytics? A person who was in regular contact with senior members of the presidential campaign of Donald J. Trump?

Yeah, nothingburger.

What does that even mean? "Defending Trump defending the Russians." Trump has said that the Russians had no impact on the election and the AG said exactly that today. You seem to think the Russians hacking the dems emails kept the liberals from going to the polls in Michigan. Better clean up your mess from your premature ejaculation.
The AG did NOT say that the Russians had no impact on the election but did say the following:

Read Rosenstein’s full statement announcing the indictment below:

Today, a grand jury in the District of Columbia returned an indictment presented by the Special Counsel’s Office. The indictment charges twelve Russian military officers by name for conspiring to interfere with the 2016 presidential election.

Eleven of the defendants are charged with conspiring to hack into computers, steal documents, and release those documents with the intent to interfere with the election.

One of those defendants, and a twelfth Russian officer, are charged with conspiring to infiltrate computers of organizations involved with administering elections, including state boards of election, secretaries of state, and companies that supply software used to administer elections.

According to the allegations in the indictment, the defendants worked for two units of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Russian General Staff, known as the GRU. The units engaged in active cyber operations to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. There was one unit that engaged in active cyber operations by stealing information and a different unit that was responsible for disseminating the information

The defendants used two techniques to steal information. First, they used a scam known as “spearphishing,” which involves sending misleading email messages and tricking users into disclosing their passwords and security information. Second, the defendants hacked into computer networks and installed malicious software that allowed them to spy on users and capture keystrokes, take screenshots, and exfiltrate, or remove, data from those computers.

The defendants accessed the email accounts of volunteers and employees of a U.S. presidential campaign, including the campaign chairman, starting in March 2016. They also hacked into the computer networks of a congressional campaign committee and a national political committee. The defendants covertly monitored the computers, implanted hundreds of files containing malicious computer code, and stole emails and other documents.

The conspirators created fictitious online personas, including “DCLeaks” and “Guccifer 2.0,” and they used them to release information including thousands of stolen emails and other documents, beginning in June 2016. The defendants falsely claimed that DCLeaks was a group of American hackers and that Guccifer 2.0 was a lone Romanian hacker. In fact, both were created and controlled by the Russian GRU.

In addition to releasing documents directly to the public, the defendants transferred stolen documents to another organization, that is not identified by name in the indictment, and they used that organization as a pass through to release the documents. They discussed the timing of the release of the documents in an attempt to enhance the impact on the election.

In an effort to conceal their connections to Russia, the defendants used a network of computers around the world, and they paid for it using cryptocurrency.

The conspirators corresponded with several Americans during the course of the conspiracy through the internet. There is no allegation in the indictment that the Americans knew they were communicating with Russian intelligence officers.

In a second, related conspiracy, Russian GRU officers hacked the website of a state election board and stole information about 500,000 voters. They also hacked into computers of a company that supplied software used to verify voter registration information; they targeted state and local offices responsible for administering the elections; and they sent spearphishing emails to people involved in administering elections, including attaching malicious software.

The indictment includes eleven criminal charges and a forfeiture allegation.

Count One charges eleven defendants for conspiring to access computers without authorization, and to damage to those computers, in connection with efforts to interfere with the presidential election.

Counts Two through Nine charge eleven defendants with aggravated identity theft by employing the usernames and passwords of victims in order to commit computer fraud.

Count Ten charges those eleven conspirators with money laundering for transferring cryptocurrencies through a web of transactions in order to purchase computer servers, register domains, and make other payments in furtherance of their hacking activities, while trying to conceal their connections to Russia.

Count Eleven charges two defendants for a separate conspiracy to access computers without authorization, and to cause damage those computers, in connection with efforts to infiltrate computers used to administer elections.

Finally, a forfeiture allegation seeks the forfeiture of property involved in the criminal activity.

There is no allegation in this indictment that any American citizen committed a crime. There is no allegation that the conspiracy changed the vote count or affected any election result.

The Special Counsel’s investigation is ongoing and there will be no comments from the Special Counsel at this time.

Assistant Attorney General John Demers is here with me today because we intend to transition responsibility for this indictment to the Justice Department’s National Security Division while we await the apprehension of the defendants.

Principal Associate Deputy Attorney General Edward O’Callaghan is also with me and he’s been assisting in managing the Special Counsel investigation.

I want to caution you that people who speculate about federal investigations usually do not know all of the relevant facts. We do not try cases on television or in congressional hearings. Most anonymous leaks are not from the government officials who are actually conducting these investigations.

We follow the rule of law, which means that we follow procedures and reserve judgment. We complete our investigations and we evaluate all of the evidence before we reach any conclusion.

That is how the American people expect their Department of Justice to operate and that is how our department is going to operate. In our justice system, everyone who is charged with a crime is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty. It should go without saying that people who are not charged with a crime also are presumed innocent.

The indictment was returned today because prosecutors determined that the evidence was sufficient to present these allegations to a federal grand jury. Our analysis is based solely on the facts, the law, and Department of Justice policies.

I briefed President Trump about these allegations earlier this week. The President is fully aware of the Department’s actions today.

In my remarks, I have not identified the victims. When we confront foreign interference in American elections, it is important for us to avoid thinking politically as Republicans or Democrats and instead to think patriotically as Americans. Our response must not depend on which side was victimized.

The Internet allows foreign adversaries to attack America in new and unexpected ways. Free and fair elections are always hard-fought and contentious. There will always be adversaries who seek to exacerbate our divisions and try to confuse, divide, and conquer us. So long as we are united in our commitment to the values enshrined in the Constitution, they will not succeed.

The partisan warfare fueled by modern technology does not fairly reflect the grace and dignity and unity of the American people.

The blame for election interference belongs to the criminals who committed election interference. We need to work together to hold the perpetrators accountable, and we need to keep moving forward to preserve our values, protect against future interference, and defend America.

Reactions: miksta

Weak azz straw man.

Trump has fawned over Putin consistently and said there was no evidence his government was involved in trying to affect the outcome.

They clearly made an effort. Whether or not it impacted the outcome is impossible to prove/disprove, as anyone with any statistical literacy knows. It's also utterly irrelevant.

You sure you went to Purdue?

"There is no allegation in this indictment that any American citizen committed a crime. There is no allegation that the conspiracy changed the vote count or affected any election result."

"In this indictment". Said it twice. The next one will include American (s). That's what makes a conspiracy Einstein.

My point, which must have went over your head, was that the idiots who believe and have said the Trump campaign is in the clear because any evidence against them would have been leaked by now are dead wrong. Mueller keeps chopping wood and no one knows what's coming next.
Fantasy land

You sure you went to Purdue?
Well the diploma in my home office says I did so...

And I'll certainly be writing a bunch of checks to Purdue now that my oldest will be a freshman there this fall.

The 400-pound mystery man: At the first presidential debate, on Sept. 26, 2016, Trump sought to cast doubt on reports that Russia was behind the hacking of the Democratic National Committee — reports since confirmed by the intelligence community.

“I don't think anybody knows it was Russia that broke into the DNC,” Trump said at the time. “She’s saying Russia, Russia, Russia, but I don’t — maybe it was. I mean, it could be Russia, but it could also be China. It could also be lots of other people. It also could be somebody sitting on their bed that weighs 400 pounds, OK? You don’t know who broke into DNC.”

“Maybe there is no hacking”: At the second presidential debate on Oct. 9, 2016, Trump again implied that Russia was not behind the hacking.

“She doesn’t know if it’s the Russians doing the hacking,” Trump said of Clinton. “Maybe there is no hacking. But they always blame Russia. And the reason they blame Russia because they think they’re trying to tarnish me with Russia. I know nothing about Russia. I know — I know about Russia, but I know nothing about the inner workings of Russia. I don’t deal there. I have no businesses there. I have no loans from Russia.”

“A laughing point”: In an interview with Time Magazine on Nov. 28, 2016, Trump said of Russia: “I don’t believe they interfered. That became a laughing point, not a talking point, a laughing point.”

“Nobody really knows for sure”: In a news conference in Poland on July 6, 2017, Trump stated: “Well, I think it was Russia and I think it could have been other people and other countries. It could have been [that] a lot of people interfered.” But, he added, “nobody really knows for sure.”

“He vehemently denied it”: “I strongly pressed President Putin twice about Russian meddling in our election. He vehemently denied it. I’ve already given my opinion,” Trump wrote on Twitter on July 9 after meeting twice with Putin in Germany.

“He said he didn’t meddle … I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it”: After meeting with Putin in Asia, Trump spoke at length with reporters and again cast doubt on Russia’s interference in the 2016 election.

“He said he didn’t meddle,” Trump said. “He said he didn’t meddle. I asked him again. You can only ask so many times. But I just asked him again, and he said he absolutely did not meddle in our election. He did not do what they’re saying he did.”

“Putin said he did not do what they said he did,” Trump added later. “And, you know, there are those that say, if he did do it, he wouldn’t have gotten caught, all right? Which is a very interesting statement.”

Trump continued: “Every time he sees me, he says, ‘I didn’t do that.’ And I believe — I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it. But he says, ‘I didn’t do that.’ I think he’s very insulted by it, if you want to know the truth. Don’t forget, all he said is he never did that, he didn’t do that. I think he’s very insulted by it, which is not a good thing for our country.”

Are you sure you went to Purdue? You seem to have a lot of trouble understanding basic facts.

Reactions: Bill4411
The danger in all of this is that you can already see there is a large group of people in this country (and on this board) who regularly discount this investigation...and are assumed will scream fake news and corruption if the investigation actually brings indictments to individuals in Trump's inner circle.

The narrative to date has been "they were not that integral to the campaign." Then it was "those charges are for things before the campaign and have nothing to do with collusion." Now it's "Indicting Russians doesn't mean anything."

What happens if Don Jr gets an indictment based on real, tangible evidence? "Still wasn't Donald so Mueller is still a turd."

"There is no allegation in this indictment that any American citizen committed a crime. There is no allegation that the conspiracy changed the vote count or affected any election result."
It's kind of like just because X=1, it does not mean that Y=1. He did NOT say that the Russians had no impact on the election, he just said there was no allegation in the complaint regarding the vote count or influence. He's choosing not to answer that question.

The danger in all of this is that you can already see there is a large group of people in this country (and on this board) who regularly discount this investigation...and are assumed will scream fake news and corruption if the investigation actually brings indictments to individuals in Trump's inner circle.

The narrative to date has been "they were not that integral to the campaign." Then it was "those charges are for things before the campaign and have nothing to do with collusion." Now it's "Indicting Russians doesn't mean anything."

What happens if Don Jr gets an indictment based on real, tangible evidence? "Still wasn't Donald so Mueller is still a turd."
Yup things could get extremely ugly, like civil war ugly.

The 400-pound mystery man: At the first presidential debate, on Sept. 26, 2016, Trump sought to cast doubt on reports that Russia was behind the hacking of the Democratic National Committee — reports since confirmed by the intelligence community.

“He said he didn’t meddle … I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it”: After meeting with Putin in Asia, Trump spoke at length with reporters and again cast doubt on Russia’s interference in the 2016 election.

“He said he didn’t meddle,” Trump said. “He said he didn’t meddle. I asked him again. You can only ask so many times. But I just asked him again, and he said he absolutely did not meddle in our election. He did not do what they’re saying he did.”

“Putin said he did not do what they said he did,” Trump added later. “And, you know, there are those that say, if he did do it, he wouldn’t have gotten caught, all right? Which is a very interesting statement.”

Trump continued: “Every time he sees me, he says, ‘I didn’t do that.’ And I believe — I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it. But he says, ‘I didn’t do that.’ I think he’s very insulted by it, if you want to know the truth. Don’t forget, all he said is he never did that, he didn’t do that. I think he’s very insulted by it, which is not a good thing for our country.”

Are you sure you went to Purdue? You seem to have a lot of trouble understanding basic facts.
Trump said this morning that he was going to ask Putin again about interference in the elections.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...147E3DB2CED067E5B265147E3DB2CED0&&FORM=VRDGAR

I say wtf. Russia hacked into HRC's computer and was thus able to gain access and hack into the DNC emails through individual computers.
Is this some sort of revelation? Is the FBI going to charge all the individuals from all the other countries that were able to and probably did hack into the unsecure server used by HRC.
If evidence pops up that Russia was behind the release of those emails to wiki leaks than i would say Russia had an influence on the election. However, the emails should have been obtained by the FBI. They were subpoenaed by the FBI and destroyed by HRC. Justice was served imo.

I say wtf. Russia hacked into HRC's computer and was thus able to gain access and hack into the DNC emails through individual computers.
Is this some sort of revelation? Is the FBI going to charge all the individuals from all the other countries that were able to and probably did hack into the unsecure server used by HRC.
If evidence pops up that Russia was behind the release of those emails to wiki leaks than i would say Russia had an influence on the election. However, the emails should have been obtained by the FBI. They were subpoenaed by the FBI and destroyed by HRC. Justice was served imo.
Best response yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT