ADVERTISEMENT

Mueller Basically Ignores Russian Hacking of GOP

So Russia has information on the GOP and hasn’t used it? What do they have of the Republicans? Is that why the right has done nothing to prevent further Russian attacks? Is that why the Republicans continue to provide cover for Russian interference? In trying to attack Mueller I think this backfired on you a bit.

Reactions: Bill4411
So Russia has information on the GOP and hasn’t used it? What do they have of the Republicans? Is that why the right has done nothing to prevent further Russian attacks? Is that why the Republicans continue to provide cover for Russian interference? In trying to attack Mueller I think this backfired on you a bit.

It’s always a race to the dumbest hot takes between JS and SD. JS usually wins on sheer stupidity but SD has already posted a couple doozies this morning.

Reactions: indy35
Exactly how have the Rs "provided cover" for Russian interference?

If Mueller is so concerned abut protecting our democracy and the sanctity of our election processes, why is he only focusing at Russian hacking on the D side? I thought he was supposed to be apolitical.

Reactions: Purdue97
Exactly how have the Rs "provided cover" for Russian interference?

If Mueller is so concerned abut protecting our democracy and the sanctity of our election processes, why is he only focusing at Russian hacking on the D side? I thought he was supposed to be apolitical.

Have you buried your head in the sand that much? Do I really need to gather up all the quotes from Republican politicians denying Russian attacks, or saying that it has no effect? The right just refused to fund additional election security, wonder why that would be, is it because they benefit from what Russia is doing? I could provide quote after quote of Republican elected officials but you’ll just somehow refuse to ignore the direct quote evidence. The circles you have to go in to deny basic fact must be exhausting.

Have you buried your head in the sand that much? Do I really need to gather up all the quotes from Republican politicians denying Russian attacks, or saying that it has no effect? The right just refused to fund additional election security, wonder why that would be, is it because they benefit from what Russia is doing? I could provide quote after quote of Republican elected officials but you’ll just somehow refuse to ignore the direct quote evidence. The circles you have to go in to deny basic fact must be exhausting.
The reality is they tried to interfere, but they really had virtually no impact on the results. They did not change results or vote counts. HRC lost because she was a tone deaf, fatally-flawed candidate who ran a truly idiotic campaign. I know it’s hard for you to accept that, but it’s reality.

How does anyone on this board know whether or not Mueller is ignoring or investigating the Russian hacking of the election? Or did I just not get the memo?

Reactions: Bill4411
Why is the discussion all related to hacking of the DNC?
Good question - does anyone know or have a link that explains exactly what they were doing? I assume the reason they are talking more about hacking the DNC is that the Russians wanted Trump to win and were hacking to accomplish that. I have no idea if that is a correct assumption??? I did read -and Putin said - that they preferred Trump. Apparently they started out hacking for Scott Walker and switched to Trump when Scott Walker dropped out.

Good question - does anyone know or have a link that explains exactly what they were doing? I assume the reason they are talking more about hacking the DNC is that the Russians wanted Trump to win and were hacking to accomplish that. I have no idea if that is a correct assumption??? I did read -and Putin said - that they preferred Trump. Apparently they started out hacking for Scott Walker and switched to Trump when Scott Walker dropped out.
The Russians have been trying to disrupt US elections for years, going back to the Cold War days. They probably did prefer Trump over Clinton. HRC, as US SoS under Obama, publically supported Putin's opposition candidate. Still, they are equal opportunity disruptors, and they tried to mess with the DNC and the RNC and state party operations for both parties in many states before the 2016 election.

Some of Scott’s friends :)
636673557556245453-Walker-Butina.jpg

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
The Russians most certainly did hack the RNC, but the fact you have not seen any RNC emails, but have seen DNC emails, is troubling.

If the Russians approached the Trump folks (through cut outs), they likely told them something like "a friendly entity of ours has some troubling information on your rivals." They would say this friendly entity will soon disclose this information. In the same conversation, they would be informed "they also came to a supply of information from your parties as well", but reassured "dont worry, they will see to it this information will be protected".

This would be the basis for an influence campaign by Moscow, in addition to any other kompramat already posessed. Mueller isnt ignoring the RNC emails, its just that there is a hotter trail on the DNC emails as they were disclosed and the RNC ones were not. We've seen the "Podesta emails", but not the "Lewandowski emails".

Last edited:
The Russians most certainly did hack the RNC, but the fact you have not seen any RNC emails, but have seen DNC emails, is troubling.

If the Russians approached the Trump folks (through cut outs), they likely told them something like "a friendly entity of ours has some troubling information on your rivals." They would say this friendly entity will soon disclose this information. In the same conversation, they would be informed "they also came to a supply of information from your parties as well", but reassured "dont worry, they will see to it this information will be protected".

This would be the basis for an influence campaign by Moscow, in addition to any other kompramat already posessed. Mueller isnt ignoring the RNC emails, its just that there is a hotter trail on the DNC emails as they were disclosed and the RNC ones were not. Weve seen the "Podesta emails", but not the "Lewandowski emails".
The reason is the DNC had much worse cybersecurity protection and protocols than the RNC. Also, Podesta ignorantly fell for a spearfishing campaign by the Russians. He was supposedly duped into thinking his gmail account needed to be updated and the Russians then got backdoor access.

The reason is the DNC had much worse cybersecurity protection and protocols than the RNC. Also, Podesta ignorantly fell for a spearfishing campaign by the Russians. He was supposedly duped into thinking his gmail account needed to be updated and the Russians then got backdoor access.
Indeed.

It’s always a race to the dumbest hot takes between JS and SD. JS usually wins on sheer stupidity but SD has already posted a couple doozies this morning.

LOL.

I read that article and it is pretty clear Russians hacked or tried to hack both parties, but because Democrats did not have good security they were more vulnerable. Hell, we all know Clinton used ad unsecured server.

The next conclusion is that the article is clear on the information the Republicans were hacked on was not made public so 1) one does not know if the Russians used it or 2)what they hacked.

It is not up the Right to make sure democrats and the DNC secure their computers. And remember, this happened while the Democrats ran the White House.

Reactions: SDBoiler1

Go read the article. It says it was leaked or damaging information was spread on Trump, and right before convention it was alleged he ra--- his ex-wife. Does that sound like they anted him to win?

Let me put it like this-If I know one are applying to a job, would I email one's recruiter that you are are a drug addict and violent person if I want you to get job?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT