ADVERTISEMENT

Mostert fastest man in the NFL

To be somewhat fair, I'm not sure Mosert was the football player at Purdue he is today. Hunt to me was the more natural football player (who also had a stint in the NFL). A lot of credit needs to be given to Mosert for sticking with it and improving as a RB. Another Boiler really easy to root for.

Last edited:
To be somewhat fair, I'm not sure Mosert was the football player at Purdue is is today. Hunt to me was the more natural football player (who also had a stint in the NFL). A lot of credit needs to be given to Mosert for sticking with it and improving as a RB. Another Boiler really easy to root for.

Big credit for the work on special teams as well. Hopefully, the emotional issues are put aside from the contract situation, where the 49'ers had to make some really tough choices and use some leverage. He's in a really good offensive system for him to build upon that work with Shanahan....plus, a great FB with Juszczyk and an all pro-TE (Kittle) to keep the LB's honest. The SF O-line has some injury and depth issues, though, with a work-in-progress from getting consistent play at WR, and the jury is still out on Jimmy G, IMO - as far as reaching that top level.....certainly has shown flashes.

Hopefully, more good days ahead for Raheem Mostert like when he torched the Packers last year....definitely pulling for the former Boilermaker.

sf-gb-gif-article-1.gif

Last edited:
How badly did we screw Raheem Mostert over? Just unbelievable that we had an All-Pro level RB at Purdue and we did nothing with him.
To be somewhat fair, I'm not sure Mosert was the football player at Purdue he is today. Hunt to me was the more natural football player (who also had a stint in the NFL). A lot of credit needs to be given to Mosert for sticking with it and improving as a RB. Another Boiler really easy to root for.

To be fair, Purdue had some terrible offensive lines when Mostert played. Akeem Hunt, Mostert, and Deangelo Yancey could've played for any team in the Big Ten back then. Those athletes didn't stand much of a chance.

To be fair, Purdue had some terrible offensive lines when Mostert played. Akeem Hunt, Mostert, and Deangelo Yancey could've played for any team in the Big Ten back then. Those athletes didn't stand much of a chance.
The OL Hunt and Mostert played behind was serviceable. Hunt would have gone for 1000 yards his senior year if he didnt get a concussion in the Bucket game.

The OC was a dumpster fire.

Didn’t Raheem have problems with ball security (fumbling) while at PU. I thought that was why his playing time was more limited?

Reactions: Purdue85
He did it again! 80 yard rushing TD on a simple toss sweep. beat 2 defenders to the edge and turned it up field. GONE.

*Also, had a 67 yard TD called back.

UPDATE: jinxed him. Ruled out for 2nd half with knee injury. No idea the severity.

Last edited:
He did it again! 80 yard rushing TD on a simple toss sweep. beat 2 defenders to the edge and turned it up field. GONE.

*Also, had a 67 yard TD called back.

UPDATE: jinxed him. Ruled out for 2nd half with knee injury. No idea the severity.

They're saying MCL sprain - with MRI to confirm severity.....probably out a few games. Although the 49'ers won comfortably, it was a disaster from an injury standpoint. Besides, Raheem Mostert - Nick Bosa and Solomon Thomas may have season-ending injuries.....Jimmy Garoppolo has a high ankle sprain, and Tevin Coleman also went down. It's been a MASH unit for San Francisco for the last two seasons.

They're saying MCL sprain - with MRI to confirm severity.....probably out a few games. Although the 49'ers won comfortably, it was a disaster from an injury standpoint. Besides, Raheem Mostert - Nick Bosa and Solomon Thomas may have season-ending injuries.....Jimmy Garoppolo has a high ankle sprain, and Tevin Coleman also went down. It's been a MASH unit for San Francisco for the last two seasons.
Probably the artificial turf. Tic

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT