ADVERTISEMENT

Morton

He looks so much more comfortable out there this year. This is what we heard about him when he came in as a commitment on what he could do for us.
Of course to be fair, first year, he had mono, which set him back. Last year, we had a logjam at guard, so he saw limited minutes. Glad he is taking advantage of the opportunities this year.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
He finally showed his talents. Maybe we found that second pg

Doubtful no handle. More like point forward.

Got the most minutes last night. Assists were way up over his normal 4pt 4A per game. Must be what CMP wants from him. Even though this was an epic offensive outing for him, WV's Stevenson also enjoyed his play on the other side of the ball when they matched up.

Reactions: BoilerDeac
I’d still like to see Morton made aggressive moves to the bucket. He’s definitely a pass first guard but with his size, he can also get to the line or force rotations when he has the opportunity to finish.
I think Morton did do that a couple times last night. He attacked the middle of the floor not necessarily the rim and that attacking helped generate some of his assists. Agreed though. I think all of our guards can do a decent job of attacking off of the catch.

I’d still like to see Morton made aggressive moves to the bucket. He’s definitely a pass first guard but with his size, he can also get to the line or force rotations when he has the opportunity to finish.
well at least Gillis got more aggressive last night

Reactions: hoosierdog1
Doubtful no handle. More like point forward.

Got the most minutes last night. Assists were way up over his normal 4pt 4A per game. Must be what CMP wants from him. Even though this was an epic offensive outing for him, WV's Stevenson also enjoyed his play on the other side of the ball when they matched up.
Stephenson is a beast that is going to destroy lots of guys. Morton held up.
I was VERY happy to see that cramp ;) Nobody comes back from those the same player in the same game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT