ADVERTISEMENT

More good news from President Potato

You know Title 42 is still in effect, right? And that human rights organizations are pleading Biden to stop the deportation of thousands of immigrants back to Haiti?

You didn't read the article at all did you. Of course not, your head is buried too far up Joe's ass.
I did read the article. I also read your first line where you say “thanks to Joe getting rid of Title 42” which made me wonder if YOU read the article.

I did read the article. I also read your first line where you say “thanks to Joe getting rid of Title 42” which made me wonder if YOU read the article.
Nope you didn't read it at all, as I figured:

"He will recall Title 42. He will help us have real asylum."

Next time I'll try and make titles clearer for you since you have a hard time grasping the simple things.

Nope you didn't read it at all, as I figured:

"He will recall Title 42. He will help us have real asylum."

Next time I'll try and make titles clearer for you since you have a hard time grasping the simple things.
And again, just to be clear, Title 42 is in full effect pending the results of multiple lawsuits and thousands of Haitian refugees are being deported back to Haiti right now.

I hope we are able to give asylum to as many Haitians as possible. They desperately need our help. But that is absolutely not happening right now.

And again, just to be clear, Title 42 is in full effect pending the results of multiple lawsuits and thousands of Haitian refugees are being deported back to Haiti right now.

I hope we are able to give asylum to as many Haitians as possible. They desperately need our help. But that is absolutely not happening right now.
The stay in Mexico Supreme Court decision hasn't detoured Joe, why should pending lawsuits on Title 42?

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is: Are you willing to house a Haitian family at your home until they're able to get on their feet?

So Port-au-Prince is a $450 2 1/2 hour flight to Miami. Reynosa Mexico (where i saw a group interviewed) is a 19 hour flight. And has about a dozen connection and 5x expensive. Wouldn't it be easier to fly to Miami? or even Canada? And cheaper.

It's actually a trick question. Because they aren't coming from Haiti. They are coming from South America where many have lived since 2010. After the Hurricane thousands and thousands moved there - mainly Brazil and Chilie, and with a large group migrating to Peru. Joining family and friends who lived there. Some call S.A. home for 20 years.

So in truth most if not all are not being deported "back to Haiti" as they did not come from Haiti. For some it may be their first time ever.

Now as you mentioned they desperately need our help and if you wish to help I have Brazilian and Colombian connections and can send you a list of charities to help out in what is now their home countries, especially the kids who were born and raised in South America. You know, so they don't have to be ripped from the only home they have known. Sounds a lot more humane than having a 4 year old make a several thousand mile trek.

Let me know. Thanks.

Reactions: BSIT and Crayfish57
I’m sorry So Port-au-Prince is a $450 2 1/2 hour flight to Miami. Reynosa Mexico (where i saw a group interviewed) is a 19 hour flight. And has about a dozen connection and 5x expensive. Wouldn't it be easier to fly to Miami? or even Canada? And cheaper.
It's actually a trick question. Because they aren't coming from Haiti. They are coming from South America where many have lived since 2010. After the Hurricane thousands and thousands moved there - mainly Brazil and Chilie, and with a large group migrating to Peru. Joining family and friends who lived there. Some call S.A. home for 20 years.

So in truth most if not all are not being deported "back to Haiti" as they did not come from Haiti. For some it may be their first time ever.

Now as you mentioned they desperately need our help and if you wish to help I have Brazilian and Colombian connections and can send you a list of charities to help out in what is now their home countries, especially the kids who were born and raised in South America. You know, so they don't have to be ripped from the only home they have known. Sounds a lot more humane than having a 4 year old make a several thousand mile trek.

Let me know. Thanks.
I don’t even know how to respond to this. The first step in applying for asylum is to lay out why it is unsafe to return to your country. If a Haitian has been living in South America for the last decade, they wouldn’t make it through the initial interview.

I think @BuilderBob6 should organize a work crew of liberals from this board ,load up his rotting piles of OSB from his yard and head down to build housing for these people.
Bob's scared of the blacks and browns, except for the counter worker at McDonald's who he flips and extra dime when he gets his morning coffee (to atone for his white privilege).

I’m sorry So Port-au-Prince is a $450 2 1/2 hour flight to Miami. Reynosa Mexico (where i saw a group interviewed) is a 19 hour flight. And has about a dozen connection and 5x expensive. Wouldn't it be easier to fly to Miami? or even Canada? And cheaper.

I don’t even know how to respond to this. The first step in applying for asylum is to lay out why it is unsafe to return to your country. If a Haitian has been living in South America for the last decade, they wouldn’t make it through the initial interview.
What is your bleeding heart doing to help? Are you willing to house a Haitian family in your home?

What is your bleeding heart doing to help? Are you willing to house a Haitian family in your home?
What on earth are you talking about? They are asylum seekers, not foreign exchange students. Once approved for asylum, they find employment and pay for housing.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
What are they seeking asylum from? I'm not sure a bad economy or job market is a justification.
Rampant gang violence, a corrupt government on the verge of collapse, towns with no police presence at all, towns where the gangs are completely in charge, food shortages, civil unrest, President assassinated… Haiti is always a sh!t show, but they are going full blown humanitarian crisis right now.

Rampant gang violence, a corrupt government on the verge of collapse, towns with no police presence at all, towns where the gangs are completely in charge, food shortages, civil unrest, President assassinated… Haiti is always a sh!t show, but they are going full blown humanitarian crisis right now.
Other than the assassination, it sounds like many parts of the US

Sounds like any large urban area in the US run by Democrats!

Reactions: BSIT and SKYDOG

You're basically describing Chicago.

They have to provide a ridiculous amount of documentation during the vetting process. Do you not understand how this works?
So please describe how an immigration officer can determine if a person from Haiti has or has not been living illegally in another country, like Central America? There is absolutely ZERO way this can be detected and investigated with the current number of asylum seekers at the border. With lack of documentation in 3rd world countries, I doubt it's even possible that an asylum officer can correctly validate a person's true identity.

OK, just to be clear, what you're saying is that anyone seeking asylum from a country that has a difficult political environment should be allowed to come and live in the US?

I'm all for humanitarian asylum. But at some point, these people need to stand up and fight their own government and their own criminals to make their home a better place to live.

Secondarily, the way the asylum process is SUPPOSED to work is that you're SUPPOSED to claim asylum in the first available country of safe haven. When it comes to Central America, that is not the US. That is Mexico. That is Brazil. Etc, etc. Why are people traveling all the way across Mexico to get to the US to claim asylum???

Reactions: Indy_Rider
So please describe how an immigration officer can determine if a person from Haiti has or has not been living illegally in another country, like Central America? There is absolutely ZERO way this can be detected and investigated with the current number of asylum seekers at the border. With lack of documentation in 3rd world countries, I doubt it's even possible that an asylum officer can correctly validate a person's true identity.
Many people won’t be able to provide the necessary documentation, and they will be denied. Sadly it’s happening right now to many Ukrainians, who can’t just head back into a war zone to collect bank and tax statements.

Many people won’t be able to provide the necessary documentation, and they will be denied. Sadly it’s happening right now to many Ukrainians, who can’t just head back into a war zone to collect bank and tax statements.
Again, I'll ask. Why are Ukrainians applying for amnesty within the US when Germany, France, the UK, the Nordic countries, etc, are much closer?

That’s an ignorant statement. If you are actually being serious, go spend the weekend in Port-au-Prince and tell me how much it reminds you of Chicago.

I thought the Clinton Foundation was supposed to support Haiti. Oh, that's right. That money never made it to Haiti...

That’s an ignorant statement. If you are actually being serious, go spend the weekend in Port-au-Prince and tell me how much it reminds you of Chicago.
Multiple threads on here where those guys talk about how right wing media has scared them from visiting cities. They're not going to Haiti. LOL.

Again, I'll ask. Why are Ukrainians applying for amnesty within the US when Germany, France, the UK, the Nordic countries, etc, are much closer?
Most do. 3 million have gone to Poland, a million to Romania, a million (ironically) to Russia. Currently there are less than 10,000 Ukrainian refugees in the US. I can’t speak for every one of them, but many have relatives here that can offer a support system.

Most do. 3 million have gone to Poland, a million to Romania, a million (ironically) to Russia. Currently there are less than 10,000 Ukrainian refugees in the US. I can’t speak for every one of them, but many have relatives here that can offer a support system.

So what about Central Americans? Why not Brazil? Why not Mexico?

Have you ever lived in Chicago? I did for 20 years. During a holiday weekend like Memorial day or the 4th, it wasn't uncommon to have 75 shootings in 3 days.
How's that compare to Port-au-Prince?

Dude, we’re talking about .001% of Ukrainian refugees relocating to the US. Most probably have ties here that make it an obvious place to go.

Have you ever lived in Chicago? I did for 20 years. During a holiday weekend like Memorial day or the 4th, it wasn't uncommon to have 75 shootings in 3 days.
How's that compare to Port-au-Prince?

Anybody remember when the Clinton Foundation enriched itself off a Haitian climate crisis.

Reactions: purduepat1969

Dude, we’re talking about .001% of Ukrainian refugees relocating to the US. Most probably have ties here that make it an obvious place to go.
I'm talking about Central Americans coming to the US instead of Mexico, Brazil, etc? Not Ukrainians.

The numbers literally are not that far off Chicago numbers for a long summer weekend.
But yeh, I get it; living in Haiti must suck. but who do they have to blame for this situation?

What's interesting is that Haiti shares the island of Hispaniola with the Dominican Republic, and while the DR isn't without a few rough spots, it's managed to build a solid economy based on tourism, etc. What's wrong with the Haitians?

The numbers literally are not that far off Chicago numbers for a long summer weekend.
But yeh, I get it; living in Haiti must suck. but who do they have to blame for this situation?

What's interesting is that Haiti shares the island of Hispaniola with the Dominican Republic, and while the DR isn't without a few rough spots, it's managed to build a solid economy based on tourism, etc. What's wrong with the Haitians?
I think the answer is obvious but Id get in trouble saying it, and it's not because Dominicans are better baseball players either!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bonefish1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT