ADVERTISEMENT

More data confirming government stimulus led to inflation

TheGunner

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2001
From the SF fed….

Conclusion
The United States is experiencing higher rates of inflation than other advanced economies. In this Economic Letter we argue that, among other reasons explored by the literature, the sizable fiscal support measures aimed at counteracting the economic collapse due to the COVID-19 pandemic could explain about 3 percentage points of the recent rise in inflation. However, without these spending measures, the economy might have tipped into outright deflation and slower economic growth, the consequences of which would have been harder to manage.

Moral…Keep spending Joe🤦‍♂️

🤡 economics

From the SF fed….

Conclusion
The United States is experiencing higher rates of inflation than other advanced economies. In this Economic Letter we argue that, among other reasons explored by the literature, the sizable fiscal support measures aimed at counteracting the economic collapse due to the COVID-19 pandemic could explain about 3 percentage points of the recent rise in inflation. However, without these spending measures, the economy might have tipped into outright deflation and slower economic growth, the consequences of which would have been harder to manage.

🤡 economics

No you're wrong, @charlespig said so.

From the SF fed….

Conclusion

🤡 economics
Too bad Biden didn’t have this member of the Obama administration

• Love
Reactions: TheGunner
From the SF fed….

Conclusion

🤡 economics

Are you just trying to show an example what confirmation bias looks like? So you run into an article, see the conclusion, the part that says government stimulus might explain 3% of the rise in inflation, then thump your chest, run to the computer, and then make a post about "data confirming stimulus led to inflation"? Yet totally ignore the rest of the conclusion? Here, I'll highlight below for your convenience:

without these spending measures, the economy might have tipped into outright deflation and slower economic growth, the consequences of which would have been harder to manage.

So if we go by the article that you provide, presumably because you believe it is credible and worthwhile, it basically says "thanks to the stimulus, we avoid outright deflation, which would have been harder to manage."

But hey, keep b!tching. It's like you guys can't live without b!tching. I mean, I'll admit I am not a fan of Trump, and during his presidency I have my fair share of eye rolls and SMH moments. But I never understand the need to go on a message board every day just to find something to b!tch about him, even if there are plenty of materials. The irony is, people on the right keep accusing people on the left TDS, but then it just seems like you guys are just suffering from BDS. Your life would be incomplete if you don't b!tch about Biden for a day.

Have a blessed day, my friend.

1*Jhi9ACxJiSfpNVDdbMQTog.png

Last edited:
Are you just trying to show an example what confirmation bias looks like? So you run into an article, see the conclusion, the part that says government stimulus might explain 3% of the rise in inflation, then thump your chest, run to the computer, and then make a post about "data confirming stimulus led to inflation"? Yet totally ignore the rest of the conclusion? Here, I'll highlight below for your convenience:

without these spending measures, the economy might have tipped into outright deflation and slower economic growth, the consequences of which would have been harder to manage.

So if we go by the article that you provide, presumably because you believe it is credible and worthwhile, it basically says "thanks to the stimulus, we avoid outright deflation, which would have been harder to manage."

But hey, keep b!tching. It's like you guys can't live without b!tching. I mean, I'll admit I am not a fan of Trump, and during his presidency I have my fair share of eye rolls and SMH moments. But I never understand the need to go on a message board every day just to find something to b!tch about him, even if there are plenty of materials. The irony is, people on the right keep accusing people on the left TDS, but then it just seems like you guys are just suffering from BDS. Your life would be incomplete if you don't b!tch about Biden for a day.

You do realize we haven't had this level of inflation since Carter, right? And he was voted out after one term.

The fact of the matter is, whether it's the President's fault or not, he takes the blame. And his policies have not helped inflation, at all. You wanna be the "big guy", you wear the big guy pants. You don't blame it on Putin. You don't blame it on big oil. You do something about it. Biden hasn't.

While hindsight is 20/20, Biden could have taken a more measured pace at injecting stimulus.

what is difficult for any one to argue, based on this article, is that more spending/stimulus would make current circumstances worse. And yet, what did Biden say yesterday? He said government spending doesn’t cause inflation. The article definitely counters that thought process…doesn’t it?

Also, there are several articles that discuss college debt forgiveness could also have a similar affect on the economy. And yet, what is Biden currently considering…yep, forgiving college debt. Putting more money in peoples pockets (much like govt stimulus) which would increase inflation.

I’ll be willing to drop the past Biden policies discussion as we are obviously at an impasse…BUT feel free to debate what the Biden administration has said (government spending doesn’t cause inflation) and current policies (college debt forgiveness) Biden is evaluating and their impact on inflation. Seems quite clear to me.

"So, I’m sick of this stuff. We have to talk about it because the American people think the reason for inflation is the government is spending more money. Simply not true," Biden said on March 11, The Associated Press reported.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
You do realize we haven't had this level of inflation since Carter, right?

Yeah, and you do realize that US is not alone? Germany's CPI is at a 30-year high and PPI at a 73-year high. UK's inflation is at a 40-year high since Falkland. Cry me a river. B!tch like a victim as if the US is the only country facing record high inflation in the face of the Ukraine War and Covid supply chain.

And he was voted out after one term.

Great, then vote him out after one term just like the anti-Trump folks vote him out after one term. But can we stop the daily b!tching?

The fact of the matter is, whether it's the President's fault or not, he takes the blame. And his policies have not helped inflation, at all. You wanna be the "big guy", you wear the big guy pants. You don't blame it on Putin. You don't blame it on big oil. You do something about it. Biden hasn't.

I don't doubt that. I've already said it's like CMP, at the end of the day he's the HC. Even if the team loses because they shoot 5-of-20 from the foul line and CMP takes none of those FTs, CMP will still get the blame. So you are preaching to choir.

I always say criticize if you must, but at least be fair. The daily b!tching is just ridiculous and BDS. Like the OP, he posted an article that actually concludes the stimulus might have avoided outright deflation, with consequences even harder to manage (remember the Great Depression in the 1930s?), but the only thing he saw was the line that said the stimulus might have added to inflation.

Yeah, and you do realize that US is not alone? Germany's CPI is at a 30-year high and PPI at a 73-year high. UK's inflation is at a 40-year high since Falkland. Cry me a river. B!tch like a victim as if the US is the only country facing record high inflation in the face of the Ukraine War and Covid supply chain.

Great, then vote him out after one term just like the anti-Trump folks vote him out after one term. But can we stop the daily b!tching?

I don't doubt that. I've already said it's like CMP, at the end of the day he's the HC. Even if the team loses because they shoot 5-of-20 from the foul line and CMP takes none of those FTs, CMP will still get the blame. So you are preaching to choir.

I always say criticize if you must, but at least be fair. The daily b!tching is just ridiculous and BDS. Like the OP, he posted an article that actually concludes the stimulus might have avoided outright deflation, with consequences even harder to manage (remember the Great Depression in the 1930s?), but the only thing he saw was the line that said the stimulus might have added to inflation.
Good lord man. You should add headed to your name

From the SF fed….

Conclusion

🤡 economics
This inflation was created by the Brandon administration's restriction of the oil supply, COVID induced trucker and dock worker shortages and totally coincidental 17 food processing plant fires in total loss 4 months this year vs an average 4.2 non total loss fires for the last 10 years.

While hindsight is 20/20, Biden could have taken a more measured pace at injecting stimulus.

Urrr OK. Like you said, hindsight is 20/20. Can Biden foresee Putin invading Ukraine when he passed the stimulus that would cause havoc to global inflation??

Now, can he have done a better job injecting the stimulus? Sure. But do you give credit to Biden for avoiding a potential outright deflation, which would be even harder to manage? That's literally the conclusion that your article says.

what is difficult for any one to argue, based on this article, is that more spending/stimulus would make current circumstances worse.

Again, that's hindsight. If in 2021 the doctor identifies a tumor in your body. He said if it goes bad, the consequences will be VERY hard to manage. There is a surgery though that to remove it and it will avoid that disastrous scenario. However, it also has the potential to make your blood pressure go up a little. Would you do the surgery?

Now a year later, because of all the stress that you are having, you have high blood pressure. You think back to the surgery that you did. Now that you've avoided the terrible consequence, you just blame the doctor for making the current circumstance worse. You said, "It's difficult to argue, the surgery makes the current circumstance worse," as if you are perfectly reasonable. Well, I'm sorry to say, while what you said is true, it's absolutely B.S. too, and it's crazy that you don't realize how absurd that is.

Also, there are several articles that discuss college debt forgiveness could also have a similar affect on the economy. And yet, what is Biden currently considering…yep, forgiving college debt. Putting more money in peoples pockets (much like govt stimulus) which would increase inflation.

I am against college debt forgiveness, so you'll be preaching to choir. But that's a separate issue. Let's keep the focus on the stimulus, which is what you are b!tching.

I’ll be willing to drop the past Biden policies discussion as we are obviously at an impasse…BUT feel free to debate what the Biden administration has said (government spending doesn’t cause inflation) and current policies (college debt forgiveness) Biden is evaluating and their impact on inflation. Seems quite clear to me.

I am not gonna evaluate what Biden has said. Trump has said a bunch of nonsense, and my Republican friends tell me to, "Stop listening to what he said. A lot of it is nonsense. Just look at what he actually does." So I am doing the same with Biden. If Congress passes the debt forgiveness, you can bet I'll be against it.

Good lord man. You should add headed to your name

Yeah, personal attack really helps advance a conversation.

Have you noticed that it's always the losing side that starts personal attacking the other? Coz if he has a powerful point to refute, he'd have said so instead.

This inflation was created by the Brandon administration's restriction of the oil supply, COVID induced trucker and dock worker shortages and totally coincidental 17 food processing plant fires in total loss 4 months this year vs an average 4.2 non total loss fires for the last 10 years.

Yes, it's absolutely Biden's fault that his stimulus package leads to the Germany and UK and most EU countries having 30 or 40-year high inflation rate.

Reactions: indy35

Are you really this ignorant? The world's economy follows the US economy. We are the leader. What happens here with inflation happens everywhere else when the US makes decisions. So when Biden makes dumb decisions, like telling the world that the #1 oil consumer will be quickly moving away from fossil fuels during his campaign without a real plan, oil companies aren't going to invest in recovery capacity when something happens. Big oil is making money, and they're not investing until the "green" movement effectively shuts them down.

"Governments, including the Biden administration, are pushing for a more rapid transition away from fossil fuels. This global action on climate change is raising huge questions about the long-term outlook for oil and gas sector as an investment."

Yeah, personal attack really helps advance a conversation.

Have you noticed that it's always the losing side that starts personal attacking the other? Coz if he has a powerful point to refute, he'd have said so instead.
Yeah and doing personal attacks by constsntly being a self righteous want to be know it all still makes you an a**hole.

have you ever noticed it is always losers that do that?

Reactions: Indy_Rider
BTW, your comic is a little off.

The source I used is from SF Fed…which I assume is a pretty difficult source to debate with, as supposedly some of the smartest non-partisan economists work for the Fed. But good joke anyway.

Are you really this ignorant? The world's economy follows the US economy. We are the leader. What happens here with inflation happens everywhere else when the US makes decisions. So when Biden makes dumb decisions, like telling the world that the #1 oil consumer will be quickly moving away from fossil fuels during his campaign without a real plan, oil companies aren't going to invest in recovery capacity when something happens. Big oil is making money, and they're not investing until the "green" movement effectively shuts them down.

"Governments, including the Biden administration, are pushing for a more rapid transition away from fossil fuels. This global action on climate change is raising huge questions about the long-term outlook for oil and gas sector as an investment."

US certainly has influence on the other country's economy, I never deny that. However, that influence, especially about Biden's stimulus (which is the topic of this thread), is miniscule to other country. What's really affecting inflation, if you actually have some economic understanding, are things like Ukraine War, Covid supply chain disruption, and decades of government printing money with impunity. The latter is the most damning. When governments, basically all first world governments and esp. the US, print money, that will lead to inflation because the value of each dollar (or peso or Euro or yuan or Yen) is worth less.

And instead of addressing the biggest driver of inflation, you guys only know to b!tch about the stimulus package, which the OP showed an article that said it was done to avoid the more catastrophic consequence of outright deflation.

Yeah and doing personal attacks by constsntly being a self righteous want to be know it all still makes you an a**hole.

have you ever noticed it is always losers that do that?

Exactly, wanting to be a know-it-all makes someone an a**hole. That's why I always maintain that I know very little. The reason I engage in conversation here is such that I can learn. I figure either some really smart people to shred apart my argument, showing my logical inconsistency or factual inaccuracy. Then I can learn from my mistakes. On the flip side, if they can't, and only expose their laughable contradictions, then it means I can gain more confidence in my opinion. For it has been tested by a hostile crowd and not live in an echo chamber.

Either way, it's a win-win for me.

Meanwhile, losers will just resort to personal attacks like calling people a**holes, pigheads, as if calling them will make them so. How pathetic.

US certainly has influence on the other country's economy, I never deny that. However, that influence, especially about Biden's stimulus (which is the topic of this thread), is miniscule to other country. What's really affecting inflation, if you actually have some economic understanding, are things like Ukraine War, Covid supply chain disruption, and decades of government printing money with impunity. The latter is the most damning. When governments, basically all first world governments and esp. the US, print money, that will lead to inflation because the value of each dollar (or peso or Euro or yuan or Yen) is worth less.

And instead of addressing the biggest driver of inflation, you guys only know to b!tch about the stimulus package, which the OP showed an article that said it was done to avoid the more catastrophic consequence of outright deflation.
I wasn't bitching about the stimulus package. I was countering your claim that Biden's policies have had no impact on inflation. And BTW, inflation was growing at historic rates prior to the Ukraine war.

BTW, your comic is a little off.

The source I used is from SF Fed…which I assume is a pretty difficult source to debate with, as supposedly some of the smartest non-partisan economists work for the Fed. But good joke anyway.

Sigh, seems like you still don't know what your problem is. Your problem is not about cherry-picking the source, but in cherry-picking the part of the conclusion that agrees with you and have your "jackpot" moment. After seeing that part of the conclusion that agrees with you (about stimulus increases inflation, which, of course it does!), you giddily made this post claiming victory, just like the guy in the comic strip. And in an echo chamber like this one where most posters share your point of view, you get further brownie points and make yourself feel good because everyone else will be egging on your opponent.

Meanwhile, you completely ignore the other part of the conclusion, that some of the smartest non-partisan economists believe that the stimulus package helps avoid an outright deflation, which would be even harder to manage. Even if I try to dumb it down for you and give you with the "surgery to avoid a terrible situation that is hard to manage" analogy, you still can't see the point about avoiding the worse situation (deflation) that the SF Fed tried to tell you.

Anyway, it isn't my job to change you. In fact, I should thank you for perfectly demonstrating how confirmation bias looks like. Have a blessed day.

Sigh, seems like you still don't know what your problem is. Your problem is not about cherry-picking the source, but in cherry-picking the part of the conclusion that agrees with you and have your "jackpot" moment. After seeing that part of the conclusion that agrees with you (about stimulus increases inflation, which, of course it does!), you giddily made this post claiming victory, just like the guy in the comic strip. And in an echo chamber like this one where most posters share your point of view, you get further brownie points and make yourself feel good because everyone else will be egging on your opponent.

Meanwhile, you completely ignore the other part of the conclusion, that some of the smartest non-partisan economists believe that the stimulus package helps avoid an outright deflation, which would be even harder to manage. Even if I try to dumb it down for you and give you with the "surgery to avoid a terrible situation that is hard to manage" analogy, you still can't see the point about avoiding the worse situation (deflation) that the SF Fed tried to tell you.

Anyway, it isn't my job to change you. In fact, I should thank you for perfectly demonstrating how confirmation bias looks like. Have a blessed day.
👍

but economists like Larry Summers and Christine Lagarde have come out and said the US stimulus was “massive”. And no one could have predicted this level of inflation…except Summers who said it during Biden’s campaign and reiterated just before Congress passed $1.9T package.

But you have your own echo chamber in that you believe no one could have predicted this level of inflation…but people did…And no Republicans voted for the stimulus…only Democrats, so this lays at their feet.

But no one could have predicted this…

Oh and Biden wanted to pass $5T BBB and is considering $1.7T college debt forgiveness

and keeps pushing Manchin for a smaller BBB plan.

imagine where we would be if Joe got what he wanted

but no on could have seen this happening.

Back to my echo chamber

but no on could have seen this happening.

Have a blessed day.

Last edited:
I wasn't bitching about the stimulus package. I was countering your claim that Biden's policies have had no impact on inflation. And BTW, inflation was growing at historic rates prior to the Ukraine war.

OK. First of all, my apology because the title of this thread is "stimulus led to inflation", and you guys are all one big echo chamber that I don't distinguish who's who talking what.

Second, I didn't claim Biden's policies have had no impact on inflation. Rather, I am saying Biden's policy on inflation is not as significant as the other factors, such as Ukraine War, Covid supply chain issues (which has been ongoing before the Ukraine War), and most importantly, governments (globally, but especially US) printing money.

So if you wanna b!tch about inflation, let's get to the root of it. Go back to when Nixon moved us away from Bretton Woods. That's when people realized a dollar is not worth a dollar. It's just a piece of paper, and there is no limit how many of these paper the US govt can print. And like you said, US is the leader. The bubble it creates has been affecting the rest of the world for the last 50 years. That's why property all over the world rise in value. When you have more money chasing the same asset, the value of the asset increases. So if all you want is to stop the inflation, there is a simple solution. Take away the US ability to print money. But there will be dire consequences and our society might collapse. So what are you gonna do?

👍

but economists like Larry Summers and Christine Lagarde have come out and said the US stimulus was “massive”. And no one could have predicted this level of inflation…except Summers who said it during Biden’s campaign and reiterated just before Congress passed $1.9T package.

But you have your own echo chamber in that you believe no one could have predicted this level of inflation…but people did…And no Republicans voted for the stimulus…only Democrats, so this lays at their feet.

But no one could have predicted this…

How many times do we have to talk about Larry Summers? He laid out 3 equally likely scenarios in which 2 of them won't have high inflation. Furthermore, stimulus package is to fight off outright deflation, so of course it will add to inflation, so that is a moot point.

Larry Summers' "prediction" was right only in the sense that it got the result right, but the reason was off. I've given you a dumb-down analogy already: if I "predict" that the PSU's secondary is trash and AOC will throw 600 yards and 6 TDs to lead Purdue to a win, and Purdue ended up winning by running King and James 50 times for 300 yards, then even though my prediction is technically "right," but it'll be stupid for me to thump my chest and boast that I've seen this coming all along, right? That's essentially what you are doing with Summers' prediction.

My echo chamber? Do you know what an echo chamber is? It's precisely I am not living in an echo chamber and that's why I am speaking to you guys here. I am basically outnumbered here and taking on all of you guys just by myself. Without someone tagging me to participate in this thread, EVERYONE of you will be saying the same thing and you guys all high-fiving each other feeling good about yourself. That's the very definition of an echo chamber.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Exactly, wanting to be a know-it-all makes someone an a**hole. That's why I always maintain that I know very little. The reason I engage in conversation here is such that I can learn. I figure either some really smart people to shred apart my argument, showing my logical inconsistency or factual inaccuracy. Then I can learn from my mistakes. On the flip side, if they can't, and only expose their laughable contradictions, then it means I can gain more confidence in my opinion. For it has been tested by a hostile crowd and not live in an echo chamber.

Either way, it's a win-win for me.

Meanwhile, losers will just resort to personal attacks like calling people a**holes, pigheads, as if calling them will make them so. How pathetic.
Apparently in your quest to tell us all everything you know the term ''pigheaded' is one you aren't familiar with meaning stubborn. You argue the same GD thing into the ground, dig it up and run in in again . You do the very same thing in other ways to others thinking you are sneaky about it.

People like you that think you are going to change the world on an internet message board like this amaze me. Do you ever laugh or doing anything remotely fun with your life?

How many times do we have to talk about Larry Summers? He laid out 3 equally likely scenarios in which 2 of them won't have high inflation. Furthermore, stimulus package is to fight off outright deflation, so of course it will add to inflation, so that is a moot point.

Larry Summers' "prediction" was right only in the sense that it got the result right, but the reason was off. I've given you a dumb-down analogy already: if I "predict" that the PSU's secondary is trash and AOC will throw 600 yards and 6 TDs to lead Purdue to a win, and Purdue ended up winning by running King and James 50 times for 300 yards, then even though my prediction is technically "right," but it'll be stupid for me to thump my chest and boast that I've seen this coming all along, right? That's essentially what you are doing with Summers' prediction.

My echo chamber? Do you know what an echo chamber is? It's precisely I am not living in an echo chamber and that's why I am speaking to you guys here. I am basically outnumbered here and taking on all of you guys just by myself. Without someone tagging me to participate in this thread, EVERYONE of you will be saying the same thing and you guys all high-fiving each other feeling good about yourself. That's the very definition of an echo chamber.
So now you are a martyr?

Apparently in your quest to tell us all everything you know the term ''pigheaded' is one you aren't familiar with meaning stubborn. You argue the same GD thing into the ground, dig it up and run in in again . You do the very same thing in other ways to others thinking you are sneaky about it.

People like you that think you are going to change the world on an internet message board like this amaze me. Do you ever laugh or doing anything remotely fun with your life?

Urrr, what makes you think I am not familiar with pigheaded? You have special ability to mind-read? I suppose when you call someone stupidly obstinate it is a compliment, not a personal attack, right?

How do you know my intention on this message board is to change the world? Again, you have some special ability to mind-read? The reason I am in this message board, as I've already told you if you can read, is to change ME. I can only change myself. And how do I do that? By having my views challenged by a hostile crowd, whom I know will pick apart my logical inconsistency and factual inaccuracy. By living in an anti-echo chamber. By forcing myself to use my brain to answer all the hostile questions thrown at me, research for answers, fact-check, and then present them in a coherent manner. That's how I am changing myself. Whether you are changed or the world is changed is not part of my plan. You are perfectly fine to remain as ignorant as you are in your echo chamber high-fiving each other and b!tching about inflation, even when ironically you guys never address the biggest driver and the root cause of inflation.

Urrr, what makes you think I am not familiar with pigheaded? You have special ability to mind-read? I suppose when you call someone stupidly obstinate it is a compliment, not a personal attack, right?

How do you know my intention on this message board is to change the world? Again, you have some special ability to mind-read? The reason I am in this message board, as I've already told you if you can read, is to change ME. I can only change myself. And how do I do that? By having my views challenged by a hostile crowd, whom I know will pick apart my logical inconsistency and factual inaccuracy. By living in an anti-echo chamber. By forcing myself to use my brain to answer all the hostile questions thrown at me, research for answers, fact-check, and then present them in a coherent manner. That's how I am changing myself. Whether you are changed or the world is changed is not part of my plan. You are perfectly fine to remain as ignorant as you are in your echo chamber high-fiving each other and b!tching about inflation, even when ironically you guys never address the biggest driver and the root cause of inflation.
Boy, I bet you are just a ton of fun at parties. You used the term pigheads in your reply. Totally different than pigheaded.

We discuss Joe Biden (the main cause of inflation) all the time here , you just choose not to listen.

You might want to consider some group therapy or something.

Funny how you bitch at other people using derogatory words but you have no problem using them yourself.

Whatever does it for you I guess, but you are one strange bird or should I say pig?

OK. First of all, my apology because the title of this thread is "stimulus led to inflation", and you guys are all one big echo chamber that I don't distinguish who's who talking what.

Second, I didn't claim Biden's policies have had no impact on inflation. Rather, I am saying Biden's policy on inflation is not as significant as the other factors, such as Ukraine War, Covid supply chain issues (which has been ongoing before the Ukraine War), and most importantly, governments (globally, but especially US) printing money.

So if you wanna b!tch about inflation, let's get to the root of it. Go back to when Nixon moved us away from Bretton Woods. That's when people realized a dollar is not worth a dollar. It's just a piece of paper, and there is no limit how many of these paper the US govt can print. And like you said, US is the leader. The bubble it creates has been affecting the rest of the world for the last 50 years. That's why property all over the world rise in value. When you have more money chasing the same asset, the value of the asset increases. So if all you want is to stop the inflation, there is a simple solution. Take away the US ability to print money. But there will be dire consequences and our society might collapse. So what are you gonna do?
Inflation has been minimal for the past two decades, up until this past year. Not sure what you're talking about...

How many times do we have to talk about Larry Summers? He laid out 3 equally likely scenarios in which 2 of them won't have high inflation
Why do you continue to distort what Summers said? Summers laid out three scenarios:

1) Biden with the most irresponsible fiscal policy in 40 years, would make inflation worse.
2) Biden with the most irresponsible fiscal policy in 40 years would require that the Fed rapidly increase interest rates to keep inflation from spiraling out of control, and leading economy to a recession.
3) Biden admin was correct and nails there policy.

2 out of 3 of those scenarios were predicting high inflation. Summers nailed it, Biden f'd it up.

Speaking of Summers, another warning. Will Biden admin listen this time?

Reactions: BSIT
Educated me thanks.
Brandeisian....have to admit I was not familiar with the term. But looking it up, we see the "curse of bigness" with Big Govt, Amazon, Big Tech, Big Oil, Military Conglomerate, Baby Formula companies, etc. for one reason or another.

I do listen to Larry Summers from time to time....he nailed Biden's inflation.

Last edited:
Educated me thanks.
Brandeisian....have to admit I was not familiar with the term. But we see the "curse of bigness" with Big Govt, Amazon, Big Tech, Big Oil, Military Conglomerate, Baby Formula companies, etc. for one reason or another.

I do listen to Larry Summers from time to time....he nailed Biden's inflation.

Biden believes big companies are price gouging customers. Oil, Energy, Amazon, infant formula. Or is it that their low prices (read good for consumers) prevent others from competing. Weird, big businesses didn’t stop craft brewing taking on InBev/AB/Miller/Coors. Offer a better product and people will pay more money. When your product is a commodity, it’s best served via a conglomerate that can mass produce goods at a reasonable (read cheaper) price. But if someone can produce a better product at a fair price, they often succeed.

In similar fashion, niche groceries are succeeding against Walmart, etc. I’m not sure how gasoline and electricity are made “better”.

Why do you continue to distort what Summers said? Summers laid out three scenarios:

1) Biden with the most irresponsible fiscal policy in 40 years, would make inflation worse.
2) Biden with the most irresponsible fiscal policy in 40 years would require that the Fed rapidly increase interest rates to keep inflation from spiraling out of control, and leading economy to a recession.
3) Biden admin was correct and nails there policy.

2 out of 3 of those scenarios were predicting high inflation. Summers nailed it, Biden f'd it up.

Speaking of Summers, another warning. Will Biden admin listen this time?

Silly, it's because too many of us aren't "paying our fair share". TIC, The looniness of this administration is off the charts

Silly, it's because too many of us aren't "paying our fair share". TIC, The looniness of this administration is off the charts
They are right about people paying their far share. Way to many people are paying nothing or next to nothing.

• Love
Reactions: TheGunner and BSIT
The key is the term “fair” and who determines what’s “fair”

Edit: For the Democrats- its only people who make more than $125k that pay, and 90% of all taxes collected needs to come from those making more than $400k.

Oh, and anyone making below $125k should be subsidized to the point where they make $125k….mmmkkkkkk!

Last edited:
Reactions: BSIT
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT