ADVERTISEMENT

Moderating Issues on Free Boards

JohnnyDoeBoiler

All-American
Sep 23, 2013
West Lafayette
Hello All,

After having a number of conversations with Brian, I will be monitoring the free boards as a moderator. I will do my best to monitor the boards and provide an environment for not only the regular contributors to the free boards on Gold & Black Illustrated but to those who visit. This WILL NOT become a job where I remove any and all negative aspects about Purdue University and Purdue University Athletics. Difference of opinion is needed and useful in discussion.

If you have any questions, please feel free to follow and contact me on twitter using @PurdueWilkie or to send me an email at PurdueWilkie@yahoo.com. Refrain from contacting Brian unless you feel there is an issue that needs his attention.

Thank you,
JohnnyDoeBoiler

Hello All,

After having a number of conversations with Brian, I will be monitoring the free boards as a moderator. I will do my best to monitor the boards and provide an environment for not only the regular contributors to the free boards on Gold & Black Illustrated but to those who visit. This WILL NOT become a job where I remove any and all negative aspects about Purdue University and Purdue University Athletics. Difference of opinion is needed and useful in discussion.

If you have any questions, please feel free to follow and contact me on twitter using @PurdueWilkie or to send me an email at PurdueWilkie@yahoo.com. Refrain from contacting Brian unless you feel there is an issue that needs his attention.

Thank you,
JohnnyDoeBoiler
They picked the right guy for the job!!

Reactions: BoilerIron
Congrats JDB !

8dd94ab69a07e828c53e992ef83852bf.jpg

Right on! Is using the "!Report" button still the preferred method to alert of inappropriate posts on the free boards now that you've been deputized?

Brian, just in case you see this, thanks for giving this experiment a shot.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Right on! Is using the "!Report" button still the preferred method to alert of inappropriate posts on the free boards now that you've been deputized?

Brian, just in case you see this, thanks for giving this experiment a shot.
Continue to use the 'report' button. I'll make a pinned topic when the moderator rights get added that contains my contact info. Feel free to contact me using those at any time.

Hello All,
This WILL NOT become a job where I remove any and all negative aspects about Purdue University and Purdue University Athletics. Difference of opinion is needed and useful in discussion.
I agree. I think legitimate challenges to herd mentality or group thought is healthy and as a Purdue graduate I'm not so fragile I cannot be exposed to thoughts counter of mine.

However, the puerile posts lately offer no stimulation beyond discovering one's navel and rather than generating a thought along Purdue sports I found myself contemplating what feelings absent thought, could generate such activity and occupy one's impulses. You will do a great job assuming you can find enough time. Congrats!

Hello All,

Thank you,
JohnnyDoeBoiler
How long will it take to get some control of the free board? Does not seem like something to would take very long.

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT