ADVERTISEMENT

Mixing it up at practice a couple hours ago!

Dandelion1972

Sophomore
Aug 24, 2002
West Lafayette
Hard to get all the actors in this melee, but it seems that Giovanni Reviere grabbed Elijah as he crossed the LOS. He let go, but one of the OT took offense and knocked GR back on his keister. Then the melee began, lasting for a minute or so with 2 skirmishes.

Hard to see everything, but I'm sure the overhead video camera got a good look at #45 pounding on someone underneath the pile up. He must've thrown about 10-15 punches. The 'play' is under further review.

The entire team finished the practice by running the field (width-wise) with intermitent 'hit-the ground pushups'.

A good time was had by all!

On a positive note, Horvath has run the ball very well, and it seems everyone wants to get out of his way.

Still a large group that are not practicing including Neal, Sipe, Anderson, Thieneman, Watts, Barnes, Namath and Beach.

Hard to get all the actors in this melee, but it seems that Giovanni Reviere grabbed Elijah as he crossed the LOS. He let go, but one of the OT took offense and knocked GR back on his keister. Then the melee began, lasting for a minute or so with 2 skirmishes.

Hard to see everything, but I'm sure the overhead video camera got a good look at #45 pounding on someone underneath the pile up. He must've thrown about 10-15 punches. The 'play' is under further review.

The entire team finished the practice by running the field (width-wise) with intermitent 'hit-the ground pushups'.

On a positive note, Horvath has run the ball very well, and it seems everyone wants to get out of his way.

Still a large group that are not practicing including Neal, Sipe, Anderson, Thieneman, Watts, Barnes, Namath and Beach.
Thanks dandy. Any thoughts on George?

Thanks for the update.

How did Plummer look? Any recruits there?

Thanks dandy. Any thoughts on George?

He's playing with the 1's! Giovanni Reviere has moved to tackle. He seems to get in there often, but he doesn't just push aside the offensive line, like he did in HS.

He seems to be a great kid. Talked to him a couple of weeks ago and took a selfie. He's excited about being here and getting a chance to play early in his career. Staying at home (not sure how that works with training table), which is only a mile or so away.

Snapped a couple of other pix when he stayed after practice for extended teaching from Holt.

Thanks for the update.

How did Plummer look? Any recruits there?

Plummer has looked good. Today wasn't one of his better practices. CJB was in his face (from 50 yards away) yelling "throw the ball away, you're 2 years from the high school crap." He was a little more forceful than what I've portrayed ! ! !

Couple of recruits (and I'm not usually shy about finding out who they are). But they went to the center of the field (forbotten to us guys), so I didn't get a chance to welcome them, or get any info.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
What's up with Beach? This is his 3rd year and he's not practicing? Hopefully not an injury

I thought Joe Willie used up his eligibility? :)

Plummer has looked good. Today wasn't one of his better practices. CJB was in his face (from 50 yards away) yelling "throw the ball away, you're 2 years from the high school crap." He was a little more forceful than what I've portrayed ! ! !

Couple of recruits (and I'm not usually shy about finding out who they are). But they went to the center of the field (forbotten to us guys), so I didn't get a chance to welcome them, or get any info.

"throw the ball away, you're 2 years from the high school crap."

YES!!!

Who is Byron Hubbard?

Did you mean 46? Cause that’s not a surprise

Wild horses are great. Two losses they were very very winnable without plays like that by two different boilers; maybe less great ?

Happens in August, yes I have an issue. As they are getting used to new talent no. These kids have an alpha gene most of us don’t have. I’m sure the coaches have bs penalties in the top 3 ”crap not happening” list this year.

Happens in August, yes I have an issue. As they are getting used to new talent no. These kids have an alpha gene most of us don’t have. I’m sure the coaches have bs penalties in the top 3 ”crap not happening” list this year.

"The entire team finished the practice by running the field (width-wise) with intermitent 'hit-the ground pushups'.

A good time was had by all!"

Jeff Brohm gets the team's attention with the running and the up/downs to finish the practice on Tuesday. Unfortunately, Cornel, Derrick, and Lorenzo were not on the practice field to share in the counselling, but they were on the sidelines watching their teammates drag themselves across the field. Horvath, Anthrop, and Rondale simply glide across the field during those drills and no one can slough off on effort when those guys are leading the charge. Alexander Horvath is taking every advantage of his opportunities during Spring Practice and Coach Brohm shouted encouragement to him on a run to the corner on a goal line yardage play during practice. Grady Eifert appears to be his role model! All us old folk on the sidelines know to get out of the way when Zander is barrelling down the sidelines! :) DB's are learning that they are at risk when Zander gets past the line of scrimmage and picks up speed! He is a treat to watch. Reminds me of the wildman from Santa Claus, IN who was a special teams player late in the Tiller years.

"The entire team finished the practice by running the field (width-wise) with intermitent 'hit-the ground pushups'.

Jeff Brohm gets the team's attention with the running and the up/downs to finish the practice on Tuesday. Unfortunately, Cornel, Derrick, and Lorenzo were not on the practice field to share in the counselling, but they were on the sidelines watching their teammates drag themselves across the field. Horvath, Anthrop, and Rondale simply glide across the field during those drills and no one can slough off on effort when those guys are leading the charge. Alexander Horvath is taking every advantage of his opportunities during Spring Practice and Coach Brohm shouted encouragement to him on a run to the corner on a goal line yardage play during practice. Grady Eifert appears to be his role model! All us old folk on the sidelines know to get out of the way when Zander is barrelling down the sidelines! :) DB's are learning that they are at risk when Zander gets past the line of scrimmage and picks up speed! He is a treat to watch. Reminds me of the wildman from Santa Claus, IN who was a special teams player late in the Tiller years.

Jon Goldsberry!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Took a few minutes for the old cobwebs to get pushed out of the brain cells. :)

Reactions: Flot

Lorenzo Neal was a good example of a guy who made a mistake, showed remorse, showed that he was acutely aware going forward of what the line in the sand is, and then demonstrated consistently that it was a one time mistake.

I hope to begin to feel the same way about cornel as next season begins. I remember cornel did something late in the year that got me riled up, and everyone acted like I was overreacting, but man.. you should have seen the look on Baileys face. It was a look of “are you kidding me with this bs?”

Also I really hope Horvath doesn’t become Kirk hinrich on the Bulls. The kid has talent. Either you DO or you don’t. Either you’re producing or you’re not. If you are, I don’t care if it’s because you’re cagey and full of heart and rocky balboa, or if people say “I never got the impression that he was a rocky balboa type, but he didn’t have to be, the talent was just there.”

And if you don’t produce, it really doesn’t matter if you’re the greatest guy ever and just couldn’t do it in spite of your excellent cut of jib.”

Lorenzo Neal was a good example of a guy who made a mistake, showed remorse, showed that he was acutely aware going forward of what the line in the sand is, and then demonstrated consistently that it was a one time mistake.

I hope to begin to feel the same way about cornel as next season begins. I remember cornel did something late in the year that got me riled up, and everyone acted like I was overreacting, but man.. you should have seen the look on Baileys face. It was a look of “are you kidding me with this bs?”

Also I really hope Horvath doesn’t become Kirk hinrich on the Bulls. The kid has talent. Either you DO or you don’t. Either you’re producing or you’re not. If you are, I don’t care if it’s because you’re cagey and full of heart and rocky balboa, or if people say “I never got the impression that he was a rocky balboa type, but he didn’t have to be, the talent was just there.”

And if you don’t produce, it really doesn’t matter if you’re the greatest guy ever and just couldn’t do it in spite of your excellent cut of jib.”
Youre a big fan of the winner of the Lady Byng Trophy in Hockey arent you

Sportsmanship award

Oh yeah I’m a huge fan. Go back in a time machine to 2006 and have a Paxson supporting bulls fan describe andres nocioni to you. When you’re done, you’ll be thinking he put up Larry birds stat line.

Oh yeah I’m a huge fan. Go back in a time machine to 2006 and have a Paxson supporting bulls fan describe andres nocioni to you. When you’re done, you’ll be thinking he put up Larry birds stat line.
Huh? Why are we talking about the bulls

Because I really can’t remember the last time a boiler football player sucked, but was defended vehemently anyway on the grounds of his grit etc. and I think if Horvath does suck (which I’m betting he won’t, but you never know) that’s the route this will go.

And the last time I’ve been part of a fan base where that was rampant was the try hard bulls

Don't remind me I was pissed.

The thing that blows my mind is that if this young man would just take a step back and reel in stuff like that, he has the tools to have a future beyond the NCAA in this game.. if he can just channel it..

I’ve actually read posts from hinrich’s third season where bulls fans would say things like “you can’t say that Kirk hinrich won’t be John Stockton ... too soon.”

Because I really can’t remember the last time a boiler football player sucked, but was defended vehemently anyway on the grounds of his grit etc. and I think if Horvath does suck (which I’m betting he won’t, but you never know) that’s the route this will go.

And the last time I’ve been part of a fan base where that was rampant was the try hard bulls
I thought we were talking about Jones. He doesnt suck.

Horvath... meh. We will see. Need more than 9 carries before i give a shit.

Thanks for the update.

I thought we were talking about Jones. He doesnt suck.

Horvath... meh. We will see. Need more than 9 carries before i give a shit.

Oh cornel jones? I think he has the talent to maybe even be a pro... definitely definitely not saying he sucks...

Youre a big fan of the winner of the Lady Byng Trophy in Hockey arent you

My older brother dated several of the Lady Bing winners when I was growing up in the era of Ted Lindsay, Butch Bouchard, and Bill Ezinicki! Gordie Howe introduced Leaping Lou to the NHL, and Gordie never won the Lady Bing, either!
Sportsmanship award

"The Lady Byng Memorial Trophy, formerly known as the Lady Byng Trophy, is presented each year to the National Hockey League "player adjudged to have exhibited the best type of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with a high standard of playing ability". The Lady Byng Memorial Trophy has been awarded 88 times to 53 different players since it was first awarded in 1925." One of my all time favourite Blackhawks, Stan Mikita, won it twice, 1967, 1968, after averaging 114 minutes in penalties in his first six years in the NHL. No one ever accused Stash of being a gentleman on the ice! :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT