ADVERTISEMENT

Miracle Gray is transferring ...

KODK

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Sophomore guard Miracle Gray is transferring.

The backup point guard appeared in 33 games last season, averaging about one point and one assist in eight minutes per outing.

Gray is the younger sister of Purdue assistant Nadine Morgan.

“We wish Miracle the best of luck in her future endeavors, academically and athletically, and thank her for all the hard work over the past two seasons,” Coach Sharon Versyp said in a release.

Kyle, is Purdue going to add a grad transfer or late addition? The saving scholarship stuff is ridiculous, I'm sure we'll see another player probably transfer, couple that with the usual injuries that will occur and Purdue will have the usual 7-8 left come Big Ten season.

Reactions: PurdueTim16
Just one and only the niece of an assistant coach? This staff's inability to retain players over the past several years has been nothing short of ridiculous.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Just one and only the niece of an assistant coach? This staff's inability to retain players over the past several years has been nothing short of ridiculous.

I have also been disappointed at the amount of turnover. In defense of the program, I think many of the kids leaving are those who have found out they are not competitive at the athletic level or lack the ability to compete academically. Some of our best players have simply flunked out. If you follow some of the kids who may have quit due to their skills, you discover that they are not very successful players at their new schools either. Now, I know there are exceptions, but it is my impression that most follow this pattern. I suspect Miracle may have found that she doesn’t have the skills to play at the BIG level, and now has decided to go down a notch or two in competition. I don’t know if this is true. It is my speculation from a distance.

That said, the root cause is that we are bringing in kids that may not have the right athletic and academic skills to be part of the Purdue WBB team. We have pulled in some on the hope that they will miraculously find the skills, or they will apply themselves scholastically to their school work like they have never done in their lives. Our players that have the skills and work hard seem to flourish in the program.

-just my opinion.

I have also been disappointed at the amount of turnover. In defense of the program, I think many of the kids leaving are those who have found out they are not competitive at the athletic level or lack the ability to compete academically. Some of our best players have simply flunked out. If you follow some of the kids who may have quit due to their skills, you discover that they are not very successful players at their new schools either. Now, I know there are exceptions, but it is my impression that most follow this pattern. I suspect Miracle may have found that she doesn’t have the skills to play at the BIG level, and now has decided to go down a notch or two in competition. I don’t know if this is true. It is my speculation from a distance.

That said, the root cause is that we are bringing in kids that may not have the right athletic and academic skills to be part of the Purdue WBB team. We have pulled in some on the hope that they will miraculously find the skills, or they will apply themselves scholastically to their school work like they have never done in their lives. Our players that have the skills and work hard seem to flourish in the program.

-just my opinion.
This makes sense. Recruiting is the lifeblood of any program. Brohm is going to demonstrate this is in a big way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT