ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota Pounding Nebraska

it was absolutely stupid Nebraska was ranked early on.
Silliest thing I ever saw. They were going to go from doormat to king of the west in one year. Living in Colorado I know plenty of Nebraska fans and none of them felt that way.

Especially after the CU game...

Reactions: 4IUSox2
so nice to know that are 2nd ranked secret admires (1st Iowa) are talking about us. yaaaasssss
English please. If you’d like me to translate for the rest of the folks that will cost you $20. Or you can just keep drinking Boone’s Farm.

so nice to know that are 2nd ranked secret admires (1st Iowa) are talking about us. yaaaasssss

The old saying "you can't fix stupid " seems to apply here. Actually, in your case it's more likely that you can't even spell stupid.

We talk football here.

Over the past week, I've seen threads commenting on the goings on at Michigan State, Meatchicken, Rutgers, whether or not IU still sucks, Wisconsin, Our Most Hated Rival (Iowa, per the B1G offices), Penn State, et al.

Edit: Oh, and of course, the obligatory threads that included the ruminations we should have hired Les Miles (of course, we shouldn't have).

Reactions: jindy
Jesus Frost couldn't do what he did at the Florida school going undefeated in his second year. The press and a lot of NB fans bought into this hype. They may not even make a bowl game this year.

Mentioned this early in season, can't ever recall a team with a losing record the previous year getting such over the top love as division favorite over so many teams that actually had some track records of success in recent years (NU, Wisky, Iowa, PU). It took all they could muster to beat Lovie and the Illini.

Reactions: DAG10
Frosty did a good job of ripping his players in the post-g presser. Sounded a lot like CJB 2 weeks ago. And if someone has the English version of PJs post game I’d like to hear it. He was talking about his players dip their hands in buckets of Coca-Cola and dumping water on the players in the tunnel. That guy would drive me nuts.

After reading this a couple times, I think I’ve deciphered your point. As the forum’s name suggests, this is a place to come for football discussion. We primarily talk Purdue football, but despite our disagreement that Nebraska’s academic reputation warranted membership in the B1G, you’re in, and thus we’ll talk about your team from time to time also.

Thanks for stopping by, and for your apparent interest in our opinions of Nebraska Football.

Reactions: Cresthawk
The entire ranking system annoys me. Wisconsin has played near perfect football and are ranked #8.

Love the UW schedule, 3-0 in Big Ten and first road trip to Illinois. Three non-P5 schools in OOC.

Nebraska and Michigan .... so much Media love at beginning of season.

Road trip to Lincoln should be interesting. Of course, IU at UNL should be interesting too!

Rivalry week!

it was absolutely stupid Nebraska was ranked early on.

Frost will need 3-4 years. It's going to be a monumental challenge to get that program back to the point of challenging for a NC.
Monumental challenge to the point that it is not going to happen.

It was a farce that they were ranked early on, and, they have proven that...on several occasions. It made no sense that they were, and, it has played out accordingly.

Frost will get things turned around there to where they are on solid footing again, but, no way does he have that program challenging for a NC in 3-4 years, and, personally...I don't think he ever does.

I see Wandale Robinson was hurt in this past saturdays game. That puts him and Martinez on the shelf. For how long I don’t know.

Monumental challenge to the point that it is not going to happen.

It was a farce that they were ranked early on, and, they have proven that...on several occasions. It made no sense that they were, and, it has played out accordingly.

Frost will get things turned around there to where they are on solid footing again, but, no way does he have that program challenging for a NC in 3-4 years, and, personally...I don't think he ever does.

Could be.

You sound pretty confident, discounting someone who (arguably) did that with UCF...

Could be.

You sound pretty confident, discounting someone who (arguably) did that with UCF...
Incredibly rich talent base to draw from...soft conference...soft schedule...totally different circumstances where he is at, never mind expectations to go with it.

Even if he were fortunate to get Nebraska back to being the best school on the West side of the conference (not an easy task by any means), he still would have to overcome a legitimate national power (more often than not) on the other side...just to see the playoff.

To date, he has underwhelmed...

Incredibly rich talent base to draw from...soft conference...soft schedule...totally different circumstances where he is at, never mind expectations to go with it.

Even if he were fortunate to get Nebraska back to being the best school on the West side of the conference (not an easy task by any means), he still would have to overcome a legitimate national power (more often than not) on the other side...just to see the playoff.

To date, he has underwhelmed...

Agree with the underwhelmed part.

Nebraska roster is pretty stout. They've consistently had top 20-25 recruiting classes in recent years. Not at all like Purdue's roster when Brohm took over.

Also agree with UCF soft conference, soft schedule, rich talent base. BUT... their recruiting classes were consistently rate in the 70's, which came down into the 50's with their success. So he got pretty good results with what he had.

Reactions: DAG10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT