ADVERTISEMENT

Milwaukee v. Purdue (Game Thread)

Welp.....hard to tell with some of these early games. Purdue is a heavy favorite here, and I have managed expectations for this season. With that though, Purdue shoots barely over 30% (5/14 from deep) and still leads by 19. Forced 12 turnovers, too. Plenty to criticize I suppose, but I do like the energy I've seen. Just a hunch also, Mr. Smith is going to bother a lot of teams by the time he's done. Guess they'll try to bully him and pressure him, but he doesn't seem to mind the spotlight..........way too early, and I will put the Black & Golld glasses away.....for now.

Love - Smith, BN shooting
Like - TKR, Loyer, Furst, Gillis
Meh - Edey, Waddell (inconclusive)
Rough - Ability to grab the ball, Morton's entire game, Jenkins' eye

Reactions: tenwest
Going to be a fun team to watch this season. Not going to be great this season, but should make the Dance. Trying to keep my expectations for this season modest.
I think this team will have some frustrating struggles early, but then will surprise in the Big Ten with a strong finish. Smith is going to make a name for himself.

Reactions: TX4GB and DrEss
Great half
Braden Smith is no BS, looks like the real deal.
Loyer looks promising.
Newman good to see back in the rotation.
Jenkins welcome to the team, that shiner looks painful.

7 blocks to 6 turnovers.
thank goodness the leash is off Newman, last yr if he started w/ a walk and first 2 shots were misses you wouldm't see him again. Guys like him need to break a sweat and work through things. Should have had more PT last yr. I was one o his biggest backers last yr. Also was active on D so far. Feel glad for him

Great half
Braden Smith is no BS, looks like the real deal.
Loyer looks promising.
Newman good to see back in the rotation.
Jenkins welcome to the team, that shiner looks painful.
So, you're saying CMP recruited another underrated stud or he seemingly knows what he's doing.

• Haha
Reactions: SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT