ADVERTISEMENT

Milwaukee v. Purdue (Game Thread)

Purdue Grad in Texas

All-American
Mar 22, 2010
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen. Well here we are, back to start another season of Boilermaker Basketball as the Milwaukee Panthers come into Mackey Arena to take on the Purdue Boilermakers.

Tip-off is schedule for approximately 6:30 pm (Eastern time), and it's showing that coverage will be on Big Ten Network.

Hopefully some questions regarding the Boilers' potential start getting answered tonight, as this team will have a mix of returning players and newcomers to the line-up.

The projected starters for Purdue: Zach Edey, Mason Gillis, Ethan Morton, Fletcher Loyer, and Braden Smith. Expect Caleb Furst, Trey Kaufman-Renn (coming off a redshirt season), and Brandon Newman to provide a lot of minutes and scoring punch from the bench. The projected starters for Milwaukee: Justin Thomas, Markieth Downing, Angelo Stuart, Vin Baker, Jr., and Ahmad Rand. This is essentially a 3/4 guard lineup with the tallest starter @ 6'9." Those have sometime created havoc for previous Purdue squads.

I would expect Purdue to try and work inside some - playing inside out, and it will be really interesting to see how Purdue's backcourt fares, as there is not a lot of experience.....we shall see.

The recipe is still the same though - value the possessions, take good shots, avoid the careless turnovers and unfocused play, and work both ends of the glass. Purdue should get some good looks from deep - can they be patient enough to take the right ones.....I'll also be looking to see how the transition defense is. This current version of the team may not have quite the expectations as recent ones, but I think it could be really entertaining to watch them develop. Purdue is a heavy favorite, but let's see if the Boilers can start off on the right foot.......it's been a long off-season.

Are you ready for some basketball?

Boiler Up, my friends.

i
i

Last edited:
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen. Well here we are, back to start another season of Boilermaker Basketball as the Milwaukee Panthers come into Mackey Arena to take on the Purdue Boilermakers.

Hopefully some questions regarding the Boilers' potential start getting answered tonight, as this team will have a mix of returning players and newcomers to the line-up.

The projected starters for Purdue: Zach Edey, Mason Gillis, Ethan Morton, Fletcher Loyer, and Braden Smith. Expect Caleb Furst, Trey Kaufman-Renn (coming off a redshirt season), and Brandon Newman to provide a lot of minutes and scoring punch from the bench. The projected starters for Milwaukee: Justin Thomas, Markieth Downing, Angelo Stuart, Vin Baker, Jr., and Ahmad Rand. This is essentially a 3/4 guard lineup with the tallest starter @ 6'9." Those have sometime created havoc for previous Purdue squads.

I would expect Purdue to try and work inside some - playing inside out, and it will be really interesting to see how Purdue's backcourt fares, as there is not a lot of experience.....we shall see.

The recipe is still the same though - value the possessions, take good shots, avoid the careless turnovers and unfocused play, and work both ends of the glass. Purdue should get some good looks from deep - can they be patient enough to take the right ones.....I'll also be looking to see how the transition defense is. This current version of the team may not have quite the expectations as recent ones, but I think it could be really entertaining to watch them develop. Purdue is a heavy favorite, but let's see if the Boilers can start off on the right foot.......it's been a long off-season.

Are you ready for some basketball?

Boiler Up, my friends.

i
i
Thx Tex. Tonight begins my 70th year (that I can remember) of watching Purdue basketball. Can't wait. Ready at the beach....

Morton not even looking at the basket from inside the key is a really bad sign for him.
And now a TO. Short leash.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
We were looking at BJ Freeman a couple years ago. Never offered though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT