ADVERTISEMENT

Milton Wright

I actually responded to the retweet of his highlight reel asking if it was possible he was coming back, and he replied with a 🤷‍♂️
I’d welcome him back over brining in some random transfer, he has NFL size and talent. Sure sounds like he wants to play again but he needs to prove it somewhere before any NFL chances so why not Purdue?! Hopefully coach Walters gives him a second chance!

Holy shit. That would be huge. He'll have to earn it, but assuming he's at where he left off a couple of years ago he's a bona fide #1 receiver.

Based on some of his comments and actions seems like he really loved Purdue.

Would be great if Wright comes back but wasn’t he ineligible for grades? Would going to summer school and getting the acceptable grades qualify him?

Would be great if Wright comes back but wasn’t he ineligible for grades? Would going to summer school and getting the acceptable grades qualify him?
Yes, ineligible for grades. He could take classes at Purdue or another institution to get his grades/credits. Justin Siller did this and came back to Purdue several years back.

He’s from Louisville. I think they’re known to have a lower academic bar at U of L. Kind of surprised nobody pointed that out or suggested they’re the biggest competition.

He’s from Louisville. I think they’re known to have a lower academic bar at U of L. Kind of surprised nobody pointed that out or suggested they’re the biggest competition.
Maybe. Im trying to be optimistic.

Does Wright really want to be catching 5 yard passes from Plummer? It wasn't until O'Connell came in that Wright's numbers went up. I would think QB would be a huge part of Wright's decision. Card is still relatively unknown, but you absolutely know what ur getting in Plummer.

It certainly sounds to me that Wright is putting himself out there. Hopefully, Walters and company are on the ball and make a call.

Maybe. Im trying to be optimistic.

Does Wright really want to be catching 5 yard passes from Plummer? It wasn't until O'Connell came in that Wright's numbers went up. I would think QB would be a huge part of Wright's decision. Card is still relatively unknown, but you absolutely know what ur getting in Plummer.
Actually, I don't think we do know with Jack. He may have improved in the 1-2 years he has been gone. CJB must think he has.

Agree to an extent....but....could also be bad feelings that Brohm was coach and couldn't keep him eligible/around while he was here. Once you are ineligible....its kind of a low bar to meet...there aren't a lot of places that will waste a scholarship on you to wait while you get your grades back in order. My hope is that he's already done this and is just looking for a home starting this fall....not looking to only get eligible now and climb that hill with pressure on.

Reactions: Schnelk
I’d welcome him back over brining in some random transfer, he has NFL size and talent. Sure sounds like he wants to play again but he needs to prove it somewhere before any NFL chances so why not Purdue?! Hopefully coach Walters gives him a second chance!
Is it up to the coach or the school?

Reactions: ckakidas
Is it a simple majority or a certain percentage that is required?
not sure but was reading an article about them w/ players coming back from the portal like Markus Allen and an OL, it said it's up to the players, also said the players never had a grudge against any of them because they thought they were bettering themselves

Looking back on Tom's tweet, "nice addition" is quite the understatement imo. The Wright from the last 3/4 of 2021 is the stud WR this offense is missing right now.
thought so too, but then I thought there was over coaching in the BBall Champ game last 6 min.

ADVERTISEMENT