ADVERTISEMENT

Milton Wright

Aug 14, 2008
Anyone know what Wright is up to or what his plan is? I'm holding out hope that he somehow gets back on the team similar to what Justin Siller did years ago.

Yeah if he’s not eligible at Purdue I doubt there’s some place he would/could be in a short period of time. Would only have 2 years left with a Covid year. Already basically sat out a semester to get eligible and would have to miss another full year basically.

What a nightmare for this kid.

Reactions: mjgboiler
Yeah if he’s not eligible at Purdue I doubt there’s some place he would/could be in a short period of time. Would only have 2 years left with a Covid year. Already basically sat out a semester to get eligible and would have to miss another full year basically.

What a nightmare for this kid.
His own making.

If I remember correctly, Siller went to Ivy Tech or something like that and came back. Not sure why Wright couldn't do something similar.

Rather odd as it seems he's just dropped off the face of the earth. You would think there would be some twitter update or some news about him enrolling somewhere.

He must have thought there was a good chance to get back to Purdue or you would think he would have just declared for the draft.

If I remember correctly, Siller went to Ivy Tech or something like that and came back. Not sure why Wright couldn't do something similar.

Rather odd as it seems he's just dropped off the face of the earth. You would think there would be some twitter update or some news about him enrolling somewhere.

He must have thought there was a good chance to get back to Purdue or you would think he would have just declared for the draft.
I thought someone was saying something about his dad selling his company for unimaginable dollars.. could be wrong though

Some people just are not meant to be in college. The combination of the workload of the classroom combine with the demands they never knew existed in football like the film room, weight training, prepping for your next opponent, social life/girls. It’s just too much sometimes.

Some people just are not meant to be in college. The combination of the workload of the classroom combine with the demands they never knew existed in football like the film room, weight training, prepping for your next opponent, social life/girls. It’s just too much sometimes.
With how much support they are given, you have to try to fail.

I get what you're saying. But I was in engineering and had some roommates who were in the school of technology. I'm not trying to knock other majors, because the technology major was good. But their workload was laughable. There's a reason why they were able to go out to the bars during weeknights. And I suspect the majors that some of the football players are taking are even less taxing. The combination of that and having tutors readily available makes it a lot more doable. And let's not forget that football activities aren't ramped up year round. So the demands are seasonal...

I get what you're saying. But I was in engineering and had some roommates who were in the school of technology. I'm not trying to knock other majors, because the technology major was good. But their workload was laughable. There's a reason why they were able to go out to the bars during weeknights. And I suspect the majors that some of the football players are taking are even less taxing. The combination of that and having tutors readily available makes it a lot more doable. And let's not forget that football activities aren't ramped up year round. So the demands are seasonal...
Football preparation is year round. It is a job while at D1 schools of 20+ hrs a week in season and 15 in non-season. If players are carrying 15 credit hours, they are putting up to 60-65+ hrs in week in and week out. Sadly, Milton was not capable of that given his opportunities.

• Haha
Reactions: PUQBMan.
Football preparation is year round. It is a job while at D1 schools of 20+ hrs a week in season and 15 in non-season. If players are carrying 15 credit hours, they are putting up to 60-65+ hrs in week in and week out. Sadly, Milton was not capable of that given his opportunities.
I dont think capability was his problem.

Not to be argumentative. But I think you're being extremely generous on how many hours are required for the 15 credit hours. I can tell you the guys I lived with were in no way putting 40+ hours of class work in.

Not to be argumentative. But I think you're being extremely generous on how many hours are required for the 15 credit hours. I can tell you the guys I lived with were in no way putting 40+ hours of class work in.
You can just @ me next time.

Reactions: pboiler18
@nat100 maybe you can enlighten me. I think it takes a lot of balls to charge people to tell them that Jared sparks is gonna be really good this year, for two straight off seasons.

Tom was the one who thought Criddle would be a decent starter at LG. Still makes me laugh how bad that take was. Criddle was so bad that he made the people next to him look bad.

He may have liked Sparks, but that seemed like a Stacy take.

Tom was the one who thought Criddle would be a decent starter at LG. Still makes me laugh how bad that take was. Criddle was so bad that he made the people next to him look bad.

He may have liked Sparks, but that seemed like a Stacy take.
No I’m saying wasn’t it coming from everyone at GBI when Stacy made the predictions?

toms take on semisi and KD playing together is bad

No I’m saying wasn’t it coming from everyone at GBI when Stacy made the predictions?

toms take on semisi and KD playing together is bad
Agree. God i hope it doesnt happen. TEs will eat us alive. Runs to the outside will be unstoppable.

I'll admit "old school" days were 2-3 hrs prep outside for every credit hour in class. If professor wrote the book for the course, you lived it for more than 3 hrs. High functioning people may have had little prep time and I knew a few, but I wasn't in that group. I had to work it to get my grades.

• Haha
I'll admit "old school" days were 2-3 hrs prep outside for every credit hour in class. If professor wrote the book for the course, you lived it for more than 3 hrs. High functioning people may have had little prep time and I knew a few, but I wasn't in that group. I had to work it to get my grades.

These guys weren't dumb. But I wouldn't call them "high functioning". They were barely functioning when they woke up in the morning after nights at the bar...

• Haha
Reactions: MilwaukeeBoilerFan
Just ask anybody in the band or theater how many extra hours they put in each week in addition to their class load. And there were a few of us who worked 20 hours a week, while in music extracurricular activities and carried a full load of 16-18 credit hours! I don’t really feel sorry for those athletes for the extra hours they put in. The normal geek student put in just as many hours outside their class as an athlete did. And yes education majors also took the same classes engineers did. I didn’t take thermo dynamics, but I have to ask, how many football players took that class? How many football players were also engineering or pharmacy majors? How many studied actuarial science or vet science. Or were math or computer science majors? I took my 4 semesters of calculus and you can bet I spent a lot of my free time studying! I really don’t feel bad for students who also had free tutoring! I thought athletics was an extra curricular activity not your degree!

Just ask anybody in the band or theater how many extra hours they put in each week in addition to their class load. And there were a few of us who worked 20 hours a week, while in music extracurricular activities and carried a full load of 16-18 credit hours! I don’t really feel sorry for those athletes for the extra hours they put in. The normal geek student put in just as many hours outside their class as an athlete did. And yes education majors also took the same classes engineers did. I didn’t take thermo dynamics, but I have to ask, how many football players took that class? How many football players were also engineering or pharmacy majors? How many studied actuarial science or vet science. Or were math or computer science majors? I took my 4 semesters of calculus and you can bet I spent a lot of my free time studying! I really don’t feel bad for students who also had free tutoring! I thought athletics was an extra curricular activity not your degree!
An angry nerd. There is a difference in 20 extra hours a week of lifting weights, heavy conditioning, and smashing into each other……..and blowing in a flute as you walk in a line. Can only imagine how tired your body must have been after that.

An angry nerd. There is a difference in 20 extra hours a week of lifting weights, heavy conditioning, and smashing into each other……..and blowing in a flute as you walk in a line. Can only imagine how tired your body must have been after that.
the-office-ouch.gif

I graduated in early 2000s and when I started in engineering they said even for an A student the bare minimum to pass was 1:1 course hours including lab time to outside but if you wanted Bs it was min 2:1 and As 3:1. With labs to t was close to 20 hours freshman year so 80 hours a week for As. The guys I knew who got As easily put it in.

• Haha
Reactions: Indy_Rider
Just ask anybody in the band or theater how many extra hours they put in each week in addition to their class load. And there were a few of us who worked 20 hours a week, while in music extracurricular activities and carried a full load of 16-18 credit hours!
I actually read what Wolegib said, unlike others that chose to insult him. He WORKED 20 hours a week in addition to being involved in extracurricular activities and also carried a full class load. I also at one time worked for over 20 hours a week besides having a heavier class load. The week is only 168 hours long, and WORKING over 20 hours a week gives you a lot less time to manage.

I actually read what Wolegib said, unlike others that chose to insult him. He WORKED 20 hours a week in addition to being involved in extracurricular activities and also carried a full class load. I also at one time worked for over 20 hours a week besides having a heavier class load. The week is only 168 hours long, and WORKING over 20 hours a week gives you a lot less time to manage.
There are several of us that worked while in school. It isnt a badge of honor, or at least it wasnt 20 years ago. Stupid millennials.

There are several of us that worked while in school. It isnt a badge of honor, or at least it wasnt 20 years ago. Stupid millennials.
No kidding. Be curious the mental drain of the “work” they were actually doing. If it was handing out stale fries at the drive through, 20 hours doesn’t mean much ….

Good for him. I worked 20 hours a week too in addition to engineering classes and studying but I also hung up my pizza place apron at the end of my shift. Almost all of these guys come to Purdue to play football not go to class. They live and breathe football 168 hours a week, it’s a way of life. Professional athletes have financial advisers that do everything for them from paying their utilities to ordering them food so they can focus 100% on their sport. When they aren’t lifting weights or draining their body of every last ounce of energy a day they are watching film, studying the playbook, or thinking of what they need to do to get to the nfl.

I know two walk-ons that played football at Purdue. They both quit after freshmen year because the west and abuse they boy had from football was too much where they couldn’t focus on athletics and they both went to Purdue for academics. Without the scholarship it wasn’t worth it to jeopardize their studies. The demands of football are so much greater than 15-20 hours per week. They are both extremely successful now.

I graduated in early 2000s and when I started in engineering they said even for an A student the bare minimum to pass was 1:1 course hours including lab time to outside but if you wanted Bs it was min 2:1 and As 3:1. With labs to t was close to 20 hours freshman year so 80 hours a week for As. The guys I knew who got As easily put it in.
Yeah, that really depends on the individual, I know someone really well that barely cracked a book out of class and were still B students.

I know you will say, well if they would've worked just a little harder they could've been A then. No they couldn't, dyslexia can be a real PITA somedays.

ADVERTISEMENT