ADVERTISEMENT

Milton Wright

indy35

All-American
Dec 14, 2006
https://soundcloud.com/user-135117759

Interview with WDRB.

Q: Is there any concern on your part that he might not be the coach next year?

A: No, there's no concern, not from me. I believe that he'll stay. With the things that he's telling me, and I don't think that he's one of those guys that's telling me something else, honestly I believe that he'll be staying for a while.

Interview with WDRB.

A: No, there's no concern, not from me. I believe that he'll stay. With the things that he's telling me, and I don't think that he's one of those guys that's telling me something else, honestly I believe that he'll be staying for a while.

This is biggest piece of evidence for Brohm staying.

Interview with WDRB.

Wonder when their last actual conversation took place? I’m sure that he is telling recruits exactly what he needs to - given that it’s an uncertain situation. Also - why would Wright be concerned in the first place? He has verbally committed to Purdue meaning he is still completely in control of where he ends up and at the level player that he is - he will have plenty of options - regardless of how the Brohm situation plays out.

Lastly, is it possible that you could honestly think that JB would divulge any plans to leave his current job to a HS senior? That would be beyond silly and I’d hope that you’d know it.

I had posted something a couple of days ago that I thought the timing of his announcement was odd, if Brohm was not possibly staying. Petrino being fired was not a big surprise in the Louisville area. It had been expected for weeks. Before the season ended, that was a surprise.

I had posted something a couple of days ago that I thought the timing of his announcement was odd, if Brohm was not possibly staying. Petrino being fired was not a big surprise in the Louisville area. It had been expected for weeks. Before the season ended, that was a surprise.
Wright was in no danger of losing his spot, the only reason to commit last week would be if he was confident Brohm was staying. Otherwise he could have just waited a few weeks to see what happened. Doubtful Brohm was pushing a commitment to Purdue now just so they could stick it to Purdue by heading to Louisville in a few weeks time.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Wright was in no danger of losing his spot, the only reason to commit last week would be if he was confident Brohm was staying. Otherwise he could have just waited a few weeks to see what happened. Doubtful Brohm was pushing a commitment to Purdue now just so they could stick it to Purdue by heading to Louisville in a few weeks time.
Maybe Brohm was just continuing to do the job of being Purdue’s HC - the one that he’s being paid for - in an honest way?

Doesn’t mean he wouldn’t leave.

Maybe Brohm was just continuing to do the job of being Purdue’s HC - the one that he’s being paid for - in an honest way?

Doesn’t mean he wouldn’t leave.

I think you're missing the point. Of course Brohm must continue to do his job despite whatever rumors are out there.

But given the fact that nearly everyone remotely associated with him says Brohm "tells it like it is" and "doesn't mislead recruits", it's telling that a top recruit, that has been recruited for quite awhile, commits at the height of the Petrino rumors. To top it off, the kid is from Louisville and really doesn't gain anything from committing right now. There's certainly a lot of smoke that Brohm has put him and his family at ease.

"I think our guys know that I'll be honest with them and up front, and I think that's the way you've got to approach it, and that's the way I handled it last year, and we'll do the same thing this year."

"Our players in the recruiting world understand exactly where we're at. We feel very confident in our future here. We have room to improve. The fact that Rondale Moore has come here and been a difference-maker and everybody has seen what he can do basically in one game, but also through his first seven games of this year, is a testament that it can happen if you come here."

Brohm quotes with regards to recruits.

Interview with WDRB.

In the world of recruiting especially with top talent you have choices he would be career suicide if he were telling these top recruits one thing and then completely doing the other. Especially kids that come from it tough place where they had no one in their life they could trust and then they connect with a head coach and ask such an important question. To break that circle of trust I’m thinking would be a big problem for that head coach.

Wonder when their last actual conversation took place? I’m sure that he is telling recruits exactly what he needs to - given that it’s an uncertain situation. Also - why would Wright be concerned in the first place? He has verbally committed to Purdue meaning he is still completely in control of where he ends up and at the level player that he is - he will have plenty of options - regardless of how the Brohm situation plays out.

Lastly, is it possible that you could honestly think that JB would divulge any plans to leave his current job to a HS senior? That would be beyond silly and I’d hope that you’d know it.
Why does everyone keep saying that these recruits have not signed with Purdue so they are completely in control of where they go? That’s not true at all, their school of second or third choice may not have any open scholarships at that position if they need to switch directions later on. Plus you only get one chance in your life to announce your commitment for the first time. It’s like announcing to your friends that you’re getting married for the second time, it’s just not as big a deal. It just doesn’t have that swagger. So if a coach Lewers a player under false pretense is, you are stealing a lifetime moment from that person.

Reactions: Frankie611
I think you're missing the point. Of course Brohm must continue to do his job despite whatever rumors are out there.

But given the fact that nearly everyone remotely associated with him says Brohm "tells it like it is" and "doesn't mislead recruits", it's telling that a top recruit, that has been recruited for quite awhile, commits at the height of the Petrino rumors. To top it off, the kid is from Louisville and really doesn't gain anything from committing right now. There's certainly a lot of smoke that Brohm has put him and his family at ease.
I think that you are missing my point. I think it's clear that JB is telling recruits the truth - as it stands today.

I have no doubt that he made similar statements to WKU recruits prior to accepting the Purdue job. I think that what is lost in this situation is that players should be committing to schools and not coaches - however that seems to be the exception and not the rule - particularly in football and basketball. I played D1 baseball and my decision was based as much upon the school as it was the coach. I understood that coaches leave and injuries occur and that if either happened during my college career, I sure as hell didn't want to be looking around and wondering why I chose where I was at.

The problem for a lot of these kids - maybe Wright included - but one that I did not suffer from, was the belief / delusion that I would be able to play professionally - and so I never let the tail wag the dog. The fact is that if you are talented enough and can actually play - the pros will find you - regardless of whether your coach is Jeff Brohm, Bobby Petrino, Steve Kragthorpe or Darrell Hazell.

Hopefully for your - and his - sake, Wright committed more to Purdue University than he did Jeff Brohm. Time will tell.

Reactions: StoopsTroops2013
George Karlaftis III‏@TheGK3 4h4 hours ago
George Karlaftis III Retweeted Tyler Trent

Trust and honesty is key brother
1f682.png
1f91e-1f3fd.png

George Karlaftis III added,

Dr-hIqqW4AA62ck.jpg

Tyler TrentVerified account@theTylerTrent
Throwback to the last time we talked about Jeff Brohm leaving #Purdue.

Why does everyone keep saying that these recruits have not signed with Purdue so they are completely in control of where they go? That’s not true at all, their school of second or third choice may not have any open scholarships at that position if they need to switch directions later on. Plus you only get one chance in your life to announce your commitment for the first time. It’s like announcing to your friends that you’re getting married for the second time, it’s just not as big a deal. It just doesn’t have that swagger. So if a coach Lewers a player under false pretense is, you are stealing a lifetime moment from that person.
Do you really think that all of our 4* and a 1/3 of our remaining 3* recruits don't have other options if they wanted to leave if CJB took the U of L job??

CJB is not leaving Purdue! Can we move on now? I have it on good authority he is not leaving. You will just have to trust me.
I sure hope you’re right, Mandeville. Gotta tell you tho, I listened to his call in radio show tonight like I have all year and there was that obvious passion I usually hear that just wasn’t there tonight.

Do you really think that all of our 4* and a 1/3 of our remaining 3* recruits don't have other options if they wanted to leave if CJB took the U of L job??
Do you really interpret what I said to be THAT? Think about it, not at all what I ‘said’

I get wanting to make more money and using the situation to leverage that. But if CJB was so sure he was not going anywhere, and with his ties to Louisville and the hoopla surrounding the potential for him to come, don't you think he would come out and say as much, and not wait until Dec when his buyout is reduced? What does he gain by putting his alma mater and family legacy school through the ringer for two weeks if he is certain he is staying? I still think he may stay at Purdue, but I don't think it is as certain as some may think here. He is going to wrestle this the next few days for sure. Do you know who the head coach is for Milton Wright at Christian Academy ( my alma mater btw)? It is Stefan Lefors, starting QB at UofL 2003-2004, drafted by the panthers in 2005. Do you know who his QB coach was at UofL? Jeff Brohm. Don't count your chickens before the eggs hatch, just saying. We will all know the answer in a couple weeks, but in my opinion Jeff is doing some soul searching right now.

I sure hope you’re right, Mandeville. Gotta tell you tho, I listened to his call in radio show tonight like I have all year and there was that obvious passion I usually hear that just wasn’t there tonight.
Well he did get completely worked by the row your boat guy last week.

Reactions: Bippus33

I was at the radio show last night and Coach Brohm's body language was not much different than at his previous radio shows. His wife and daughter were at the radio show with another couple and several other small children, and Coach seemed really relaxed with them there. Coach Brohm always stops to chat with the regulars who attend the radio show, similar to what Danny Hope did, and he was his usual personable self. Antonio Blackman was interviewed during one of the segments, and there was good body language between Coach Brohm and Antonio. Antonio had several pictures taken with all of the small children at the table with Coach Brohm's wife, Jennifer, and Antonio was enjoying himself with those young children!

CJB is not leaving Purdue! Can we move on now? I have it on good authority he is not leaving. You will just have to trust me.
Lmao can we stop doing this without stating who the source is? Nobody believes that you know more than us unless the source is in the AD or knows Brohm personally.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT