ADVERTISEMENT

Milton Wright gone

I havent heard much on Canion. Terrell turned heads.Sullivan also showed he could play in the bowl game. As for TE, Piferi is the fast TE.
Got to be the first time ever that a former QB is being referred to as “the fast TE”…

What a shame. He had a really nice opportunity in front of him. Always thought he seemed like a really nice kid, hopefully he finds a good situation
It is a shame, but, it falls on him.

It is concerning from a program standpoint in that he ever became ineligible, and, more so that he could not regain eligibility, but, him being ineligible and not regaining eligibility is pretty ridiculous.

Not sure how he "finds a good situation" in that he just blew what was a great one.

It is a shame, but, it falls on him.

It is concerning from a program standpoint in that he ever became ineligible, and, more so that he could not regain eligibility, but, him being ineligible and not regaining eligibility is pretty ridiculous.

Not sure how he "finds a good situation" in that he just blew what was a great one.
Can’t find a good situation if you can’t transfer to a place willing to wait for you to get eligible again while you take up a scholly.

Kids good but not worth it if he can’t get it done in the classroom

What a tremendous loss for the team and for him as well. Hard to figure out how this happened. I mean it wasn't like he was majoring in EE. How can you not put the work in given the extraordinary opportunity before you?
agree 100%. How do you waste this opportunity, with all the resources available to make sure you stay eligible. He had a really good shot at playing at the next level to. Makes you shake your head.

I’m sure that was TIC, Not just the bears. Heck antonio gates never touched a football until he tried out for the chargers after he didn’t get a look from nba and immediately was signed.
I seriously think Mason Gillis should give the NFL a shot as a pass catching TE in the mold of Gates, Gonzales, etc.

I seriously think Mason Gillis should give the NFL a shot as a pass catching TE in the mold of Gates, Gonzales, etc.
Joe Reitz...Marcus Pollard...Jimmy Graham...Mark Vital from Baylor.

Plenty of guys that made that transition successfully, and, Gillis could be a guy that fits that mold.

Joe Reitz...Marcus Pollard...Jimmy Graham...Mark Vital from Baylor.

Plenty of guys that made that transition successfully, and, Gillis could be a guy that fits that mold.
Anyone know if Gillis played football in HS? 6'6, 225, good frame, good athlete, plays with some grit. Definitely fits the idea.

Not sure if anyone would use a supplemental pick but it’s not because he didn’t have good stats. He went through a period of the dropsies but When he was locked in he looked better than any of those players you mentioned. Why even have a combine if teams are going to look at college production?

also wr was in strong demand just like fast defensive linemen. Robinson had 37 career tackles at a mac school over 4 years. His college production was not good and bears still used a 5th round pick on him. Why can’t you just acknowledge true statements instead of grasping at stalls trying to pick them apart.
I would acknowledge if you didn't use misinformation. Why don't YOU tell the truth ! it's not that hard. Robinson played multiple positions at miami of ohio. he started out as a QB, then switched to WR, moved to TE, and then moved to the defensive line. because of COVID, miami only played 3 games in 2020. i guess that could effect the number of tackles he made that year. before calling people a liar, do your own research first !!

rather than being a bandwagon person to dis me, take 2 minutes , and learn what you're talking about. here's some reading material for you.

and here's a link showing Miami only played 3 games in 2020. it's hard to rack up stats when your team only plays 3 games.

Last edited:
Also if you look at big ten games wright probably has Toure beat. Toure got a bunch of yards against fordham and Buffalo. Wright had 6 TDs in big ten play and Toure had 3. Toure may be faster but wrights going to look better going up against big physical NFL CBS.
the fact remains , Toure was faster, was a return man, and was still a very low 7th round pick. if toure was a 7th round pick chiefly because of his speed and return ability, I have to believe Wright would be undrafted. Toure was also a transfer to nebraska , and was awesome before he arrived. You can say all you want in Wright's defense. but no NFL team is going to give up a supplemental pick for him except for maybe the bears. the Bears are infamous for their choices in wide receivers.

if you want to talk about facts, the real reason the bears drafted Robinson was because he had an outstanding week at the Senior bowl which is something Wright will never have.

Last edited:
I would acknowledge if you didn't use misinformation. Why don't YOU tell the truth ! it's not that hard. Robinson played multiple positions at miami of ohio. he started out as a QB, then switched to WR, moved to TE, and then moved to the defensive line. because of COVID, miami only played 3 games in 2020. i guess that could effect the number of tackles he made that year. before calling people a liar, do your own research first !!

rather than being a bandwagon person to dis me, take 2 minutes , and learn what you're talking about. here's some reading material for you.

and here's a link showing Miami only played 3 games in 2020. it's hard to rack up stats when your team only plays 3 games.

He was drafted on potential (yes I realized he played 3 games in 2020 but 12 in 2021… 37 tackles in 15 games in the MAC is terrible production). Never did I say anything that was misinformation. All facts. That’s all I have stated are facts. Just don’t let them get in the way.

the fact remains , Toure was faster, was a return man, and was still a very low 7th round pick. if toure was a 7th round pick chiefly because of his speed and return ability, I have to believe Wright would be undrafted. Toure was also a transfer to nebraska , and was awesome before he arrived. You can say all you want in Wright's defense. but no NFL team is going to give up a supplemental pick for him except for maybe the bears. the Bears are infamous for their choices in wide receivers.

if you want to talk about facts, the real reason the bears drafted Robinson was because he had an outstanding week at the Senior bowl which is something Wright will never have.
Wright will have plenty of opportunities to showcase his raw skills in addition to plenty of game tape. I’d take wright over toure anyday. Read the draft synopsis on toure. Lanky frame that will be overmatched by CBS in the NFL. Does not use hands well. No burner speed. Stiff runner, awkward on breaks. 4.48 is not that fast too. And 2”-3” shorter than Wright.

ADVERTISEMENT