ADVERTISEMENT

Might have to start paying for info

FLAG HUNTER

Junior
Oct 2, 2014
Seems like to get any info lately, you have to be a paying member! While it doesn't kill me to find out things alot later, it's good to know about recruiting, what players did well in Spring practice, depth chart, etc etc. Anyone else feel this way

Seems like to get any info lately, you have to be a paying member! While it doesn't kill me to find out things alot later, it's good to know about recruiting, what players did well in Spring practice, depth chart, etc etc. Anyone else feel this way
giphy.gif

I can't speak on the recruiting side of things, but does knowing something a couple days earlier really make a difference? Shall we go down the whole Donaven McCulley discussion again? Sam Jackson? Byron Threats? Mar'Keise Irving? Strickland? I'm more excited about the guys on the team right now.

As for Tom D is out of the loop as much as anybody. Besides info shared in interviews, he's guessing at depth charts, etc. He can't watch the closed practices, only able to interview via zoom. No on site interviews. I don't know if he's got a mole on the inside of the program though. Who was going to be the defensive coordinator?

He at least went to Purdue's pro day. I figured there would be something about Coyle's 4.36, vertical and high jump. Only the members know what info he shared about Hermanns, Neal, Coyle, Thieneman, Smiley.

I think the value of a membership right now is really the members sharing info they find more than anything.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
I can't speak on the recruiting side of things, but does knowing something a couple days earlier really make a difference? Shall we go down the whole Donaven McCulley discussion again? Sam Jackson? Byron Threats? Mar'Keise Irving? Strickland? I'm more excited about the guys on the team right now.

As for Tom D is out of the loop as much as anybody. Besides info shared in interviews, he's guessing at depth charts, etc. He can't watch the closed practices, only able to interview via zoom. No on site interviews. I don't know if he's got a mole on the inside of the program though. Who was going to be the defensive coordinator?

He at least went to Purdue's pro day. I figured there would be something about Coyle's 4.36, vertical and high jump. Only the members know what info he shared about Hermanns, Neal, Coyle, Thieneman, Smiley.

I think the value of a membership right now is really the members sharing info they find more than anything.
There is information that GBI provides that hasnt made its way out through other outlets.

Frankly, $10 a month is pennies and i piss more away gambling and day trading.

There is information that GBI provides that hasnt made its way out through other outlets.

Frankly, $10 a month is pennies and i piss more away gambling and day trading.
And less then that if you pay annual. Totally worth the cost IMO...

You are missing out. You missed a more civilized discussion that IU still sucks.

• Haha
Reactions: BigTimeAt69

I think they did away with the “high jump” in this years pro day. That whole backwards flopping thing is really hard unless you’ve practiced it in a game.....😂

This sounds like a boiler nyc post .. except , instead of pretending not to work for the AD you’re pretending not to work for GBI lol

you aren’t getting a ton of info there compared to the old days either because they aren’t getting shit from brohm lol

brohm either is extremely secretive with everyone or he doesn’t like Gilbert and Louis skolnick..

Reactions: BlkGoldHoops
you aren’t getting a ton of info there compared to the old days either because they aren’t getting shit from brohm lol
They also refuse to ask Brohm any of the important questions. They seem to be perfectly content with “no comment”. Players will miss a game and GBI won’t even ask about it in the presser. Last year was ridiculous with how cryptic Brohm was and how much these reporters let it happen. Can’t be good for business.

They also refuse to ask Brohm any of the important questions. They seem to be perfectly content with “no comment”. Players will miss a game and GBI won’t even ask about it in the presser. Last year was ridiculous with how cryptic Brohm was and how much these reporters let it happen. Can’t be good for business.
You referring to Rondale? What is there to ask when he was sitting out.

You referring to Rondale? What is there to ask when he was sitting out.
Not just Rondale. George comes to mind as well. Brohm refused to provide any insight on why a player wasn’t playing or a timetable for a return. What is there to ask? How about, “why is this player not playing” for starters.

Not just Rondale. George comes to mind as well. Brohm refused to provide any insight on why a player wasn’t playing or a timetable for a return. What is there to ask? How about, “why is this player not playing” for starters.
Ah, they provided info, it was usually on the premie side though.

See, I gave up paying for mine because I didn't think I got any actual inside info. With basketball recruiting, it was often, we are in good shape with x recruit and so on and so on, only for them to commit somewhere else at the last minute or just stop talking about them and you are left wondering what the hell happened.

Football, there is nothing because either Brohm and his staff doesn't share anything or GBI isn't trying, no clue which.

So the only thing you are paying for is to chat with other forum members.

See, I gave up paying for mine because I didn't think I got any actual inside info. With basketball recruiting, it was often, we are in good shape with x recruit and so on and so on, only for them to commit somewhere else at the last minute or just stop talking about them and you are left wondering what the hell happened.

Football, there is nothing because either Brohm and his staff doesn't share anything or GBI isn't trying, no clue which.

So the only thing you are paying for is to chat with other forum members.
Brian got hit hard with the Zeller recruitment and never called it ahead of time again. He will tip what he knows, you just have to read between the lines.

As for football, brian has a good handle on recruiting and Tom is starting to generate more info. I think the reassignment of the media person was a big blow to access of the football program.

Not sure why it matters.

By Brohm playing it 'close to the vest', if he thinks it gives us a slight edge, so be it.

I'm not sure why fans think they're entitled to know the medical/playing status of players.
Exactly. You don’t get contract extensions for being chummy with the media. Just win baby.

Not sure why it matters.

By Brohm playing it 'close to the vest', if he thinks it gives us a slight edge, so be it.

I'm not sure why fans think they're entitled to know the medical/playing status of players.
When you arent winning games and are standoffish during pressers, it isnt going to go over well.

Reactions: PUQBMan.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT