ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Cohen Secretly Taped Trump Discussing Payment to Playboy Model

It should be entertaining hearing how this is just another "nothing burger" in the continuing biased and unfair treatment of Trump and then watching it grow into the newest conspiracy thread woven into the Trump as perpetual victim blanket.

BBC also ran a story a few days ago about how he regularly attended and hosted parties attended by models as young as 14, and was know to go out of his way to pursue “teens” at these parties

I’m sure the pizzagaters will be right on the case

I believe this is the BBC video but it’s not a lot different than what I have heard about Trump before regarding women.

So are democrats cool with the DOJ leaking evidence in a criminal prosecution to the NYT (again)? There was no sex this time.

Simple heat check.

Last edited:
So are democrats cool with the DOJ leaking evidence in a criminal prosecution to the NYT (again)? There was no sex this time.

Simple heat check.
One theory is that the Trump team leaked this story as it takes away Cohen’s value as a possible witness for the government. The government didn’t leak the story and it’s unlikely Cohen did, which only leaves team Trump. It’s a little like the Melania nude photos which were leaked by Trump because they knew they were going to come out and it lessened there impact. I know it sounds strange but this is our new world.

One theory is that the Trump team leaked this story as it takes away Cohen’s value as a possible witness for the government. The government didn’t leak the story and it’s unlikely Cohen did, which only leaves team Trump. It’s a little like the Melania nude photos which were leaked by Trump because they knew they were going to come out and it lessened there impact. I know it sounds strange but this is our new world.
Uh, wait a minute. I thought Trump was too stupid to strategize something like that.....

I sure never said Trump was stupid. Maybe other have but not me.
I have said he isn't smart enough to have planned and executed a conspiracy with Russia. I didn't realize that the Trump cult set the bar for "not stupid" at how well a person goes about attacking a tape that apparently reveals conversations they had on how best to buy the silence of a former partner in a extramarital affair. My bad.

Well now that the tape is out we have evidence Trump committed a felony campaign finance violation.

Also interesting that he addresses a 'Pam' on the cell phone, discusses making something go away, because it's bullshit. Is the "Pam", Pam Bondi the Florida AG who received $25,000 from Trump's foundation and then shortly after decided not to pursue the investigation into Trump University?

Question: Are there multiple copies of the tapes or what? I read that CNN was given the tape by Michael Cohen????

Well now that the tape is out we have evidence Trump committed a felony campaign finance violation.

Also interesting that he addresses a 'Pam' on the cell phone, discusses making something go away, because it's bullshit. Is the "Pam", Pam Bondi the Florida AG who received $25,000 from Trump's foundation and then shortly after decided not to pursue the investigation into Trump University?
How did this tape get out? Ever heard of attorney/client privilege?

Cohen's lawyer released it. He would not have done so without Cohen's permission.

Cohen has officially turned on Trump. What remains to be seen is what he knows and what kind of proof he has to substantiate any claims that he brings forth.

Cohen released the tape. Attorney client privilege doesn't exist when they're discussing a committing a crime or committing fraud.

Pfft, we need to hear all the "positive" stuff they "cut out" first before we can fully make any judgments. More TDS.

Cohen released the tape. Attorney client privilege doesn't exist when they're discussing a committing a crime or committing fraud.
This tape was part of the data seized by the FBI. Cohen's digging a deeper hole for himself if he actually was the one who authorized its release.

Oh, and how does this relate to the bogus Trump Russia collusion investigation? HINT: It doesn't at all.

Haven't heard the tape. Please provide the quote(s) that shows Trump committed a felony.

This tape was part of the data seized by the FBI. Cohen's digging a deeper hole for himself if he actually was the one who authorized its release.

Oh, and how does this relate to the bogus Trump Russia collusion investigation? HINT: It doesn't at all.
It's not beng investigated or prosecuted by Mueller. It was discovered during his investigation and handed off to the Southern District of NY.

Not all the tapes that are now known were seized by the FBI.

Haven't heard the tape. Please provide the quote(s) that shows Trump committed a felony.
This is what liberal media is after: the payment went Cohen -> AMI -> McDougal and thus is a 'coordinated expenditure' and in-kind corporate contribution to the Trump campaign and the amount makes it a felony. It's a pretty big stretch, imo.

Reactions: roadblock19
This is what liberal media is after: the payment went Cohen -> AMI -> McDougal and thus is a 'coordinated expenditure' and in-kind corporate contribution to the Trump campaign and the amount makes it a felony. It's a pretty big stretch, imo.

lol what? How in the world is that a stretch?

Last edited:
lol what? How in the world is that a stretch?

Well, it is a stretch in that Trump didn't pay out any money, just talked about it. There is no crime here. Just a leaked conversation. This is nothing but modern day political drama.

Well, it is a stretch in that Trump didn't pay out any money, just talked about it. There is no crime here. Just a leaked conversation. This is nothing but modern day political drama.

It doesn't have to be Trump who made the payment.

lol what? How in the world is that a stretch when Trump was clearly aware of the payment and it was clearly being made because they thought Stormy coming forward would hurt his campaign?

That's some serious naivete and eagerness to slurp up your boy's bullshit.
The tape wasn't referencing Stormy. You guys are so eager to find some dirt on Trump that you're not even paying attention.

because for it to be illegal you have to prove it was a "coordinated expenditure' and in-kind corporate contribution to the Trump campaign". I don't think it's so straight forward. I might be wrong but I don't think this is successfully prosecuted often.
https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2018/04/in-kind-contribs-stormy-daniels/
The link is about stormy and not mcdougal but still...

c'mon now. You don't think it will be hard to prove that this was intended to help his campaign?

It doesn't have to be Trump who made the payment.

That's what I'm saying. No one paid anyone for anything. Nothing happened. Of course something else could come to light, but as of now this is tabloid level gossip. Trump lied about it, there is that.

They did, but it was for the rights to her story. That's what I'm saying...this isn't what you think it is.

Alright then. It seems pretty clear that buying the story and proceeding to spike it is clearly intended to help his campaign.

Apparently, the National Enquirer is now being investigated according to Wall Street Journal
https://www.wsj.com/articles/nation...lawyer-fall-under-federal-scrutiny-1532534115
From the article:
In September 2016, Mr. Cohen and Mr. Trump discussed the possibility of buying the rights to the model’s story from American Media.

A recording Mr. Cohen made of that conversation was seized by federal agents investigating the attorney, said people familiar with the matter. While Mr. Trump seemed open to the idea, the rights remained with American Media until this April, when the company returned them to Ms. McDougal as part of a legal settlement, the people said.

ADVERTISEMENT