ADVERTISEMENT

Micah S.

Even the announcers (Robbie Hummel) pointed out that they had no clue what play that made him so angry, prompting the technical violation and free throws.

I think he just freaked out because he saw the game slipping away. That's a shame. He should have acted in a much different fashion, including the post-game handshake.
you noticed the blow by too, he also stands on the court alot

Reactions: Zaphod_B
you noticed the blow by too, he also stands on the court alot

Well....he did have to wait for Painter to pick up his dribble...... :)

giphy.gif

He did acknowledge that a little......basically saying a total of 10 FT's for both teams in a game that physical was ridiculous. If you call ALL of them, Penn State would have had serious foul trouble, IMO.

This game was a culmination of building frustration apparently. I hadn't a whole lot of Penn State before today - did catch some of the ACC Challenge game and some of their loss to Michigan State. Pickett is really tough, but they collectively have problems in second halves it appears.
The thing was, that game was nowhere near as physical as the Rutgers game was. I actually thought the play was pretty free-flowing compared to most B1G scrums.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
So did everyone want them to hug it out and have a bro fest after? Maybe do a Euro double cheek kiss? Chest bumps? Dap it up?
Gawd, no sh*t....
THey are GOOD friends but Shews just lost the dang game.................
they don't need to say hello at that moment in time.

I liked Micah’s presser. Said what he needed to. Also don’t care if they count it is
a home game for PSU or neutral. We make it count in March or it just counts for what it is, just another game. Keep playing and winning and it doesn’t matter of its
Away or neutral for us.

what the hell was he bitching about in the 2nd half? didn't call a charge on his one player, no call then complained when his player barrelled into Loyer. He topped it off w/ a blow by handshake to Painter, lack of class to a guy who helped you get to a better place in life.
Say you didn't listen without saying you didn't listen...

Micah looked Painter in the eye and offered congratulations. The exchange does not meet the standard set by the Fake Tan Man -- the speed-walk, thousand-yard stare, and mumbled remark. Therefore, Micah's post-game handshake cannot be considered a blow-by.

You can tell, Painter was really offended. ;)

“You know, we definitely learned more from Micah than he learned from us, I’ll tell you that. His experiences of being with Brad (Stevens) at Butler and being with Brad with the Celtics really helped our program, really helped our program – offensively, defensively, collectively, culture, you name it. And so, obviously, he did two stints at Purdue. So, we’re not going to bring somebody back who’s not great, right? But no, he’s great. If I was taking over as an AD somewhere, that would be my one phone call.” - Matt Painter

This is a non-story. Micah was frustrated with the refs, they are B1G refs, so it's fair. Now... let's direct all of our conspiracy theories and hate at Fran McCaffery as warranted.

I think maybe with some college sucess especially after having his own son and Booth's son for a couple of years Shrews might be in line for any future Celtic opening.

Someone needs to remind Shrews that Izzo is the league Cryer. I know he's frustrated and also probably is putting on a bit of a show to see if it earns him any favor, but not a great look.
Not a great look and wait until his team plays at Mich St. and Mich...

Well he's got a great point. Big Ten officiating is absolute garbage. But... Izzo loves it, so the Big Ten loves it.

Maybe if he recruited a couple guys over 6'6..........

Penn State is the most ill-equipped team to play Purdue in the B1G. They have no chance at beating us in W Laf. None!

ADVERTISEMENT