ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Campbell info

PaBoiler78

All-American
Jan 18, 2002
last year signed an extension till Dec.2028 for $4 mil/yr. If he would leave anytime there is a $4 Mil buyout

I don't understand the love fest with Campbell. His best season at Iowa St was 9-3, which is the only year he's ended the season ranked. Otherwise, he's not been all that great to garner the love he's getting...
Not giving him a ton of love, just think he checks most of the boxes here. I explained in the Carter flips thread why

Not giving him a ton of love, just think he checks most of the boxes here. I explained in the Carter flips thread why

I'm not suggesting you are the one giving him a bunch of love. There are multiple media outlets that talk about him every time a job opening comes up.

IMHO, if he can't do better in the Big 12 than 9-3, I'm not buying he's that great of a coach...

I'm not suggesting you are the one giving him a bunch of love. There are multiple media outlets that talk about him every time a job opening comes up.

IMHO, if he can't do better in the Big 12 than 9-3, I'm not buying he's that great of a coach...
9-3 at Iowa State is pretty impressive. Need to investigate what happened this year tho.

9-3 at Iowa State is pretty impressive. Need to investigate what happened this year tho.

It's not that impressive when you consider the competition in the Big 12...

They beat Oklahoma and Texas as ranked teams. And it was a COVID year, just like Indiana had...

Last edited:
I don't understand the love fest with Campbell. His best season at Iowa St was 9-3, which is the only year he's ended the season ranked. Otherwise, he's not been all that great to garner the love he's getting...
I've spoken in support of him. I'm not saying he's the guy, but he is an experienced P5 head coach and has had success in an environment that's probably tougher to win than Purdue.

If being ranked is a criteria we should acknowledge that none of Brohm's teams finished the season in the top-25.

Reactions: SKYDOG
I've spoken in support of him. I'm not saying he's the guy, but he is an experienced P5 head coach and has had success in an environment that's probably tougher to win than Purdue.

If being ranked is a criteria we should acknowledge that none of Brohm's teams finished the season in the top-25.
this is what I was getting at, he's young, knows the midwest. No matter who we get we are not going 9 -3, 8 - 4 every year esp w/ the 2 LA schools coming in.

And Brohm wasn't talked about every single time a big job opened up. Campbell has been...

It's not that impressive when you consider the competition in the Big 12...

They beat Oklahoma and Texas as ranked teams. And it was a COVID year, just like Indiana had...
They had 3 winning seasons in the 13 years before he got the job.

He’s had winning seasons in 5 of the 7 seasons he’s been there. Including two 8 win seasons.

He’s a needle mover.

And Brohm wasn't talked about every single time a big job opened up. Campbell has been...
I don't know how you measure that. Louisville and Tennessee both made serious runs at Brohm while he was at Purdue. That's at least two serious suitors in six years.

I don't follow the coaching carousal very closely, so I can't say what the scuttlebutt around Campbell has been. I just think he's someone who could be successful at Purdue. I don't know if Bobinski thinks the same. I don't know if Campbell's interested in the job.

he's better than the other coaches being mentioned. do you want the guy stanford just hired? or the navy coach that just got fired? Purdue just doesn't seem to be an attractive destination for coaches..

maybe we should tell them about lafayette's Dog and Suds. or about our tremendous NIL program.

he's better than the other coaches being mentioned. do you want the guy stanford just hired? or the navy coach that just got fired? Purdue just doesn't seem to be an attractive destination for coaches..

maybe we should tell them about lafayette's Dog and Suds. or about our tremendous NIL program.

and Frozen Custard

what is it about Purdue that no decent coach wants to come here? Look at our past history. the only name coach that came to Purdue in the last 50 years was Akers and he was basically fired by Texas and out of a job looking for work. It's sad that we pay out a lot of money and the coaches we're attracting are all from mid level schools. and bnot poer 5 schools or conferences. we just beat Tennesee in the Music City Bowl. we're headed to the Citrus bowl, we had back to back decent years, our recruiting was great fo the past 5 years, and these are the names of interested coaches?

what is it about Purdue that no decent coach wants to come here? Look at our past history. the only name coach that came to Purdue in the last 50 years was Akers and he was basically fired by Texas and out of a job looking for work. It's sad that we pay out a lot of money and the coaches we're attracting are all from mid level schools. and bnot poer 5 schools or conferences. we just beat Tennesee in the Music City Bowl. we're headed to the Citrus bowl, we had back to back decent years, our recruiting was great fo the past 5 years, and these are the names of interested coaches?
Can you please move over to the GBI board on On3? I heard they have a membership deal…

• Haha
Reactions: New Pal Boiler
What makes you say that no decent coach wants to come here? Simply because it’s been 6 days and Bobinski hasn’t announced a new hire?

Can you please move over to the GBI board on On3? I heard they have a membership deal…
I said on the day that was formed that I was staying here and gave people a choice! Many others read that post and comprehended it and took appropriate action and left. I’m not changing to please you!

What makes you say that no decent coach wants to come here? Simply because it’s been 6 days and Bobinski hasn’t announced a new hire?
I was reflecting back on the past 60 years. Name me a big name coach who wanted to come to Purdue! Tiller was not a big name coach when he came to Purdue Just name one ! Akers was the biggest name coach who came to Purdue! Agassi was also supposed to be a good hire.

It’s not about the last 6 days! It’s been ongoing way before tiller came here. Purdue does not attract big name coaches! Not now, not in the past and not in the future! Look at Saban. Did he leave msu for Purdue? No

• Haha
Reactions: boiler44
I. Highly doubt when Brohm was hired that he was our first choice. The big name coaches had already turned us down. We’re the Iowa st of the big 10. Deal with it

ADVERTISEMENT