ADVERTISEMENT

Marvin Grant

Just saw on another board he did not play. He must not be 100% as I would think he brings more to the table than BT.

Last edited:
Reactions: purduepat1969
Just saw on another board he did not play. He must not be 100% as I would think he brings more to the table than BT.
At this point, it seems Diaco values Thienemen's understanding and leadership on play calling for the defense more than his pure execution. I believe Thienemen is a liability in coverage. He just doesn't have the speed or range to cover running backs and tight ends in coverage. I saw him get beat multiple times in coverage yesterday. Nothing against him or his effort. But I don't think he has what it takes to make our secondary a really good unit. Hopefully Grant will be ready in a few games.

At this point, it seems Diaco values Thienemen's understanding and leadership on play calling for the defense more than his pure execution. I believe Thienemen is a liability in coverage. He just doesn't have the speed or range to cover running backs and tight ends in coverage. I saw him get beat multiple times in coverage yesterday. Nothing against him or his effort. But I don't think he has what it takes to make our secondary a really good unit. Hopefully Grant will be ready in a few games.

You raise a good point.

Diaco is on record as to the leadership he expects from the S position, and how they essentially run/direct the D. Thieneman is a RS SR. I'm betting he's on the field due to his maturity, leadership and knowledge.

It wasn't but a few years ago people were ragging on Jake Thieneman. Then he ended up in the NFL. Apparently nobody else was informed of our resident experts. :p

Reactions: krf3632 and Beorik
You raise a good point.

Diaco is on record as to the leadership he expects from the S position, and how they essentially run/direct the D. Thieneman is a RS SR. I'm betting he's on the field due to his maturity, leadership and knowledge.

It wasn't but a few years ago people were ragging on Jake Thieneman. Then he ended up in the NFL. Apparently nobody else was informed of our resident experts. :p
Jake may share the last name but had better abilities imo.

You raise a good point.

Anyone tagging on Jake wasn’t too bright.

Brennan is not Jake

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT