ADVERTISEMENT

Marvin Grant in the Portal

grant absolutely has a chance to play in the nfl. He has a better chance today than Zander horvath had with two years of eligibility remaining. Zander was drafted. He has close to 100% chance of at least getting an invite to rookie camp. No one goes to rookie camp thinking there is a 0% chance they will make it.

you really think grant can’t showcase his talents at another P5 school?

you think a degree in OLS from Purdue or whatever his major was, is better than a degree from any other P5 school? It’s not.

wait, your son was an athlete?!?!
and that's why i say, go to purdue, get a real degree and get a job rather than pursuing a professional sports career. What's Eastern doing these days?

and that's why i say, go to purdue, get a real degree and get a job rather than pursuing a professional sports career. What's Eastern doing these days?

The same thing he would be doing if he got a Purdue degree. Chasing a career in basketball.

my father in law had a very modest career after not graduating from college. He told his kids they never had a lot of money because he didn’t graduate from college and if they did they will be set for life. All three graduated with combined over six figures in debt including one with a masters from Notre dame. Combined they make less than $100k with dead end jobs the equivalent of retail. Moral of the story: don’t chase a college degree, chase a career. These kids are chasing a career in football and basketball. If they had the choice of going to class or just participating in athletics 9 of 10 would skip the education part. You might be the 1 of 10 that values the degree. But let’s be honest none of these guys are getting a degree from Purdue that is more valuable than any of the other P5 schools with very few exceptions (had a few in engineering, we had a RB graduate in aviation).

What if he ends up at a school more prestigious than Purdue?

The same thing he would be doing if he got a Purdue degree. Chasing a career in basketball.

my father in law had a very modest career after not graduating from college. He told his kids they never had a lot of money because he didn’t graduate from college and if they did they will be set for life. All three graduated with combined over six figures in debt including one with a masters from Notre dame. Combined they make less than $100k with dead end jobs the equivalent of retail. Moral of the story: don’t chase a college degree, chase a career. These kids are chasing a career in football and basketball. If they had the choice of going to class or just participating in athletics 9 of 10 would skip the education part. You might be the 1 of 10 that values the degree. But let’s be honest none of these guys are getting a degree from Purdue that is more valuable than any of the other P5 schools with very few exceptions (had a few in engineering, we had a RB graduate in aviation).
Maybe your father in law just had 3 kids that were going to be dead ends no matter what? Thinking earning a college degree doesn’t increase your opportunities in the job world, is just plain dumb.

Maybe your father in law just had 3 kids that were going to be dead ends no matter what? Thinking earning a college degree doesn’t increase your opportunities in the job world, is just plain dumb.
Not every kid belongs in college. There are several with college degrees that would have been better off learning a trade.

IMO, the german model is superior.

Not every kid belongs in college. There are several with college degrees that would have been better off learning a trade.

Lol. I agree it’s not for everyone and trade schools do play an important role. But if I had to choose having vs not having, I would choose the former.

How?

On that note, Cleveland State is talking about a football team. Lol, good luck with that.

Well at the same time they were talking about getting one, the womens basketball coach, Chancellor Dugan, was screaming about title 9. Since then there’s been rumors, but nothing concrete.

The German model is far superior. We don't have enough people for the trades, but yet we're sending marginal students to college to get degrees they'll likely never use, while racking up debt.

Meh, i dont know anymore. The college model is falling apart. I wouldnt lever myself to the tits for a college degree anymore.
Current and future generations sold on startups and entrepreneurship so I don’t disagree. Large part of college curriculum is stuff you will never use anyway and the classes you will use could be learned by yourself and if you struggle, hire a tutor.

We are in agreement there. I’m responding to wolebig’s theory Nojel eastern (and Marvin grant) are fools for leaving before earning their Purdue degree.

Reactions: BlkGoldHoops
Your a NFL GM and your on the clock. You have to pick a WR and there’s only 2. Bell and another one who graded out just slightly higher than him but has spent the last 4 years at 4 different colleges. Who you picking?
Doesn't matter, NFL contracts lock you in to the team. College you are a free agent every year now.

Last edited:
Reactions: tenwest
There’s literally no buzz about this anywhere.
Who thought this was going to be an open season, sharks circling mess?

Heard on the Gold and Black cast Grant is not returning for those of you holding out hope he just wanted to see what was out there.

There’s literally no buzz about this anywhere.
Who thought this was going to be an open season, sharks circling mess?
I never thought it would be this year. Sharks are coming next year everywhere not just here.

I guess grant transferred for other reasons. It just seemed of for a player who was second on the team in tackles

I never thought it would be this year. Sharks are coming next year everywhere not just here.

I guess grant transferred for other reasons. It just seemed of for a player who was second on the team in tackles
Here’s the facts…the “big boys” are so focused on getting and keeping their guys paid that they can’t worry about finding this kid a spot and $$$.

I think he’s a good player. That’s about the extent of it and not worth a dime of NIL money. Saw a Twitter post where his dad retweeted a story from a UGA fan blog saying that UGA should go after him.

From the looks of it…Dads driving this quest for him to get paid. I think he lands at another P5 school. Maybe he makes some coin In the process, but nowhere close IMO to what he’d have mad in the NFL sticking it out here and playing at least another year.

Here’s the facts…the “big boys” are so focused on getting and keeping their guys paid that they can’t worry about finding this kid a spot and $$$.

I think he’s a good player. That’s about the extent of it and not worth a dime of NIL money. Saw a Twitter post where his dad retweeted a story from a UGA fan blog saying that UGA should go after him.

From the looks of it…Dads driving this quest for him to get paid. I think he lands at another P5 school. Maybe he makes some coin In the process, but nowhere close IMO to what he’d have mad in the NFL sticking it out here and playing at least another year.
Word is that he was upset by the continued changes in the defensive staff. May not like English.

Statistically every level you achieve beginning with High School, non- graduate, certificate or diploma, college 2- year associate degree, four year diploma, Masters, PHD, increases ones average lifetime earnings over lower levels!

Statistically every level you achieve beginning with High School, non- graduate, certificate or diploma, college 2- year associate degree, four year diploma, Masters, PHD, increases ones average lifetime earnings over lower levels!
But it’s the career that will drive the lifetime earnings. A public defender with a law degree from Harvard will makes about half the salary as an air traffic controller with no degree. College is a means to get to a career.

But it’s the career that will drive the lifetime earnings. A public defender with a law degree from Harvard will makes about half the salary as an air traffic controller with no degree. College is a means to get to a career.
For awhile as both age and ATC have short careers, the statistics say bet on the Harvard grad as he won't be a PD for ever!

Reactions: pboiler18
You can’t be this dense…but you likely are.

I do think Nat was referring to athletic prowess. But even academically there’s even 2 public SEC schools considered better than Purdue…
I was kidding lol. I like to ask nat stupid questions but he knows I’m ****in around

Marvin just posted on his twitter account that he just had a great visit to Kansas. Kansas?? He’s got a better shot of being drafted by staying with Purdue and competing for a starting spot in a system that he knows.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Marvin just posted on his twitter account that he just had a great visit to Kansas. Kansas?? He’s got a better shot of being drafted by staying with Purdue and competing for a starting spot in a system that he knows.
He wasnt going to have to compete at purdue.

He’ll have greater competition for the starting safety position at Kansas?
Nope. Just shittier teammates. A high school teammate plays there
part of me wanders if this is a visit to stave off tampering before going to msu

Kansas visit has to be a decoy for a later switch to a Michigan school.

I see the attraction in basketball, but not football, in going to Kansas.

Just spoke to his mom and she said he was the MVP of the NBA all-star game and made $45 mill in the NIL. Duh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT