ADVERTISEMENT

Martha the mop lady addresses IU "students".

tjreese

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2008
No idea if really students or not, but she says so...

The week, the IU fanbase got a W on the scoreboard and an L everywhere else. It's been rough.

Should be. Some things go beyond sports. Enemy on the court, respect/friendship off the court.
You lectured me about attributes of Purdue ball players in that nobody cared and now you recognize it was another game of inappropriate IU behavior where the Mop lady understood and paid penance for what she believes are IU students. However, I do agree that "many" things rather than "some" things go beyond the "sports".

Reactions: Do Dah Day
You lectured me about attributes of Purdue ball players in that nobody cared and now you recognize it was another game of inappropriate IU behavior where the Mop lady understood and paid penance for what she believes are IU students. However, I do agree that "many" things rather than "some" things go beyond the "sports".
Nope, never lectured you about anything.

Nope, never lectured you about anything.
If it wasn't you my apologies. It was an IU fan and not many type on this site and I believe it was before Hoosier Fan showed up. It was basically a statement that nobody cares about the academic and\or character of the students and or players...which Purdue fans generally do...at least all I have seen in person or in text...

Reactions: Do Dah Day
If it wasn't you my apologies. It was an IU fan and not many type on this site and I believe it was before Hoosier Fan showed up. It was basically a statement that nobody cares about the academic and\or character of the students and or players...which Purdue fans generally do...at least all I have seen in person or in text...
I've said no one cares about the academic side. Because in general, people don't. No one is bragging about academics when talking about sports.

I've said no one cares about the academic side. Because in general, people don't. No one is bragging about academics when talking about sports.
Ahhhhh, so it was you. Well, you are wrong. There are many Purdue grads and fans that do care about the character and academic side of those participating in sports. You see many of us underestand the importance of "real" academics for all the students. I won't pretend to speak for IU since we know historically that IU has perhaps different priorities? If not IU, I'm sure you are correct for other schools and particular conferences. You saying you never went to IU may not provide the same take as a Med student that represents soooooooo few of the population of IU. I'm sure the med student cares about the academics...

Most Purdue fans are graduates, in school currently, or have family...and maybe friends that go there. That isn't true I know for IU and some other schools. Interesting that this morning I had blood pulled and in came an older lady whose appearance was disheveled with a Butler sweatshirt on. Seeing the non-verbal cues and searching for verification upon my initial take I asked if she went to Butler. Her reply as expected was no. She then said she was an IU fan and a sports fan in general. I said I thought maybe you were a Butler grad (knowing that was NOT the case) with the sweatshirt, and she said she hates Purdue. I said there are a lot of people that hate Purdue right now. Course all this time I have on one of those heavy flannel black and gray button Purdue plaid jackets or heavy shirt on with teh P sitting at right angles to her...and then I was called in for my blood pull

Ahhhhh, so it was you. Well, you are wrong. There are many Purdue grads and fans that do care about the character and academic side of those participating in sports. You see many of us underestand the importance of "real" academics for all the students. I won't pretend to speak for IU since we know historically that IU has perhaps different priorities? If not IU, I'm sure you are correct for other schools and particular conferences. You saying you never went to IU may not provide the same take as a Med student that represents soooooooo few of the population of IU. I'm sure the med student cares about the academics...

Most Purdue fans are graduates, in school currently, or have family...and maybe friends that go there. That isn't true I know for IU and some other schools. Interesting that this morning I had blood pulled and in came an older lady whose appearance was disheveled with a Butler sweatshirt on. Seeing the non-verbal cues and searching for verification upon my initial take I asked if she went to Butler. Her reply as expected was no. She then said she was an IU fan and a sports fan in general. I said I thought maybe you were a Butler grad (knowing that was NOT the case) with the sweatshirt, and she said she hates Purdue. I said there are a lot of people that hate Purdue right now. Course all this time I have on one of those heavy flannel black and gray button Purdue plaid jackets or heavy shirt on with teh P sitting at right angles to her...and then I was called in for my blood pull
Your stories are interesting. I find that many people react badly to those who come across as sanctimonious. Do you agree?

Your stories are interesting. I find that many people react badly to those who come across as sanctimonious. Do you agree?
never been a concern. probably not what you expected...truth usually isn't. Being disheveled is an appearance...like when my hands are greasy I'm working in grease. Her comments were typical of many IU fans that have never been inside a classroom. None makes her a bad person...none make her lacking in character, but her typical anti Purdue is fairly common with those signs. Having a Butler shirt on is kinda like having a Notre Dame shirt on when you know they have no idea what they are supporting

Last edited:
All I can see is it had something to do with the unfinished block P...and something else about a bagel. I have no idea what the context is other than that.
We don't know the specifics. It had something to do with disrespecting Golden Taps which is described in the tweet. It wasn't like them throwing coins towards Purdue's bench and hitting Pat Keady in the eye and it wasn't following the team bus and pelting it with rocks and things, or just throwing bagels and such at the team. I don't think they were making fun of Haas's sister or calling Haarms names or even the general comments that Ryan Cline couldn't repeat on radio that a 75 year old man from IU yelled at him or even fans jumping towards the court to draw Purdue players attention...no, I think this was something different than the typical obscenities and throwing things, but unsure what it was. I have no idea but with the historical things that happened a lot over the years, the mop lady somehow thought maybe she should speak up now for some reason...and so who knows why now or what actually happened?

We don't know the specifics. It had something to do with disrespecting Golden Taps which is described in the tweet. It wasn't like them throwing coins towards Purdue's bench and hitting Pat Keady in the eye and it wasn't following the team bus and pelting it with rocks and things, or just throwing bagels and such at the team. I don't think they were making fun of Haas's sister or calling Haarms names or even the general comments that Ryan Cline couldn't repeat on radio that a 75 year old man from IU yelled at him or even fans jumping towards the court to draw Purdue players attention...no, I think this was something different than the typical obscenities and throwing things, but unsure what it was. I have no idea but with the historical things that happened a lot over the years, the mop lady somehow thought maybe she should speak up now for some reason...and so who knows why now or what actually happened?
Ok. Thanks for the explanation. I had serious FOMO until now. :p

Got family and friends that went there... Still don't care. I'm a fan of the sports teams. I don't care where academics rank. You Kentucky fans care where academics? Alabama? Georgia? North Carolina? Nope. No one cares. And are you mad that Indiana has more bandwagon fans than Purdue? You understand bandwagon fans are actually a good thing right?

Lol so embittered. I thought you were part of the hardo generation? You bitch more than a blue checkmark on Twitter. Soft.

Lol so embittered. I thought you were part of the hardo generation? You bitch more than a blue checkmark on Twitter. Soft.
That's rich coming from someone in a fan base that believes in its moral superiority over Purdue's fan base...and cries because Purdue students chant "IU sucks," during games at Mackey. Soft, indeed.

That's rich coming from someone in a fan base that believes in its moral superiority over Purdue's fan base...and cries because Purdue students chant "IU sucks," during games at Mackey. Soft, indeed.
Nice to see you got the dirt out of your teeth. You had a rough go this morning on the IU board.

Got family and friends that went there... Still don't care. I'm a fan of the sports teams. I don't care where academics rank. You Kentucky fans care where academics? Alabama? Georgia? North Carolina? Nope. No one cares. And are you mad that Indiana has more bandwagon fans than Purdue? You understand bandwagon fans are actually a good thing right?
Absolutely not mad at all. I don't place a high value on what is more popular or common. Average is most common. Many better things are less common...

I think you are on it...whatever a hardo generation is...that is probably me. Now, other than the messenger was there a message you were is disagreement with? Don't ask me to bet on something either...

Yeah...OK. Whatever you need to believe, just keep telling yourself that, Timmy.
You don't think a few of us will get charged with child abuse do you or just disgusting looks for picking on mentally challenged minds? Do you know what a hardo generation is? Does that mean smart people?

ADVERTISEMENT