ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Cushnie LB/DE from Alabama A&M Visiting

Yep but why didn't he already give them a commitment?? Me thinks maybe it was a conditional offer or something

Like we want to offer you, but want to see if we land the two guys we have rated higher than you first?

FSU has been so active in the portal I don’t know how many more they can take.

Like we want to offer you, but want to see if we land the two guys we have rated higher than you first?

FSU has been so active in the portal I don’t know how many more they can take.

Very well could be. I know if it was me and I was an FCS player and I got offered to play at my dream school, Purdue, after a visit that would be it. I would be committed and signed that day.

Very well could be. I know if it was me and I was an FCS player and I got offered to play at my dream school, Purdue, after a visit that would be it. I would be committed and signed that day.

Well, according to my quick research; They signed 17 in 2021 and have 11 transfer in from the portal.

How many of those 17 they can put against the 2020 class I don’t know.

I do know they that have ever big transfer visit so he might be down their pecking order

Hagen is paying dividends!
On paper, Purdue appears to be getting solid players across the board. Should translate to good competition this fall and better 1st and 2nd team players. Went from blah last year, above meh this summer to hmmm 🤔. Purdue might be onto something. Only hurdle is not preparing all summer together. Not sure how important that is for team Chemistry, but we’ll gladly take the new talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Level 42
On paper, Purdue appears to be getting solid players across the board. Should translate to good competition this fall and better 1st and 2nd team players. Went from blah last year, above meh this summer to hmmm 🤔. Purdue might be onto something. Only hurdle is not preparing all summer together. Not sure how important that is for team Chemistry, but we’ll gladly take the mew talent.
As much flack as the coaching staff has gotten here lately, they also deserve some kudos for their efforts and results as of late.

On paper, Purdue appears to be getting solid players across the board. Should translate to good competition this fall and better 1st and 2nd team players. Went from blah last year, above meh this summer to hmmm 🤔. Purdue might be onto something. Only hurdle is not preparing all summer together. Not sure how important that is for team Chemistry, but we’ll gladly take the mew talent.
I’m curious as well to what it means when you’re picking up transfers who have the ability to play and have shown it but yet have never played on the field together. I think Coach might be onto some thing by bringing in a veteran staff who knows how to do things like that, ie bringing about chemistry??

The article said McWilliams unlikely to join us now, because of an eye injury. Hated to see that. Must have been a really bad injury.

I'll always take talent from FL or TX. Although 6'2, 220 is a little on the small side, maybe the guy has unbelievable speed coming off the end like those old Colts undersized DEs.

As much flack as the coaching staff has gotten here lately, they also deserve some kudos for their efforts and results as of late.
100% agree. Thought there would have been a flurry of activity late this month. Instead, they have been bringing players in an closing regularly in last several weeks.
Purdue's been drinking a lot of coffee lately!

Last edited:
Reactions: Level 42
I'll always take talent from FL or TX. Although 6'2, 220 is a little on the small side, maybe the guy has unbelievable speed coming off the end like those old Colts undersized DEs.
There is a recent article or interview somewhere on the net where he indicates he is close to 240-245 lbs now.
If he can keep the speed, that is solid for a speed rusher.

Reactions: delarno

I want linebackers that size. I get concerned when I see 6’4” 240. The whole game is going to become passing. Purdue has struggled pass defending with linebackers since 03….

Good attempt by the Purdue staff to bring in a guy from the south. FSU came knocking late. What are ya going to do?

I think we have a few guys that can play that spot, so it could be worse.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
ADVERTISEMENT