ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Bailey preseason 2nd team

He is just going to be dominating this year
He has earned the second team notiriety so far and i believe he will be a first team all big ten by the end of this year. He has developed his body from a 215 lb frosh to a 240 junior. His physical play against the run and his ability to play man to man cover against backs in our defense is truly outstanding. Coach Holt has done a great job in bringing him along and his ability to step in at any LB position makes him a vital part of our defense this year. He will earn all big ten first team but don't think that is what he is about. Coach Brohn and Holt have instilled a its not about me attitude on this team it shows in how they played together. Great character kid + Great coaching = 1st team all big ten

By the way saw his shirt on the cover of the magazine can't find it anywhere let me know where to get it if someone would God Bless

Make a half million bucks instead of playing for free and start the clock towards your 2nd contract... you got to at least consider it.
Also a possibility he wouldn’t get drafted last year.

I doubt he leaves early but you never know

I hope we aren't expecting too much of the guy this season. He did have a couple good LBs playing next to him last year and solid enough corners on the outside. I'm a believer that a defense is only as good as its weakest link. I liked what I saw from Barnes, but I have a feeling opponents will be attacking the outside early and often, taking plays away from MB.

I hope we aren't expecting too much of the guy this season. He did have a couple good LBs playing next to him last year and solid enough corners on the outside. I'm a believer that a defense is only as good as its weakest link. I liked what I saw from Barnes, but I have a feeling opponents will be attacking the outside early and often, taking plays away from MB.
He is moving back to his best position at MLB. He played out of position to get the best guys on the field. Coupling him with an incredibly improved Barnes will end up being a bright spot for the defense if they can stay healthy. Biggest loss could be Hudson who could backup all three positions last year with little drop off from the starters. Need some of the young guys to step up and be good backups.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
He is moving back to his best position at MLB. He played out of position to get the best guys on the field. Coupling him with an incredibly improved Barnes will end up being a bright spot for the defense if they can stay healthy. Biggest loss could be Hudson who could backup all three positions last year with little drop off from the starters. Need some of the young guys to step up and be good backups.

Y'all are really going to like Jaylan Alexander. Besides being very vocal and a fun player, dude is an absolute athlete. He is also a great follow on twitter. @jaylan2x. He recently put out a picture that got him going Frogger and the back and forth was pretty funny. These new guys all seem loose and fun, but willing to work hard to prove themselves. I think this team will surprise folks a lot like last year's team did.

Depth will be an issue, but some of these young guys should be able to help immediately. CJB got a lot more ready made size in the '18 class. The young guys should have plenty of opportunities to shine.

I believe we had some great linebackers last year which allowed him to create a lot of his own moves and take some chances. he's a year older this year and other teams will install blocking schemes to stop him or design plays to go where he isn't.

However, if he's as great as I think he is, I've seen a lot of middle linebackers who are all over the field making plays. I believe he can be just like them.

I haven't really looked at the preseason all star teams. but if he's second team All BIG 10, that means there's only 1 LB at his position better than him. With UW, PSU, OSU, MSU, and Mich, all having great NFL ready linebackers, that is very high praise.

Y'all are really going to like Jaylan Alexander. Besides being very vocal and a fun player, dude is an absolute athlete. He is also a great follow on twitter. @jaylan2x. He recently put out a picture that got him going Frogger and the back and forth was pretty funny. These new guys all seem loose and fun, but willing to work hard to prove themselves. I think this team will surprise folks a lot like last year's team did.

Depth will be an issue, but some of these young guys should be able to help immediately. CJB got a lot more ready made size in the '18 class. The young guys should have plenty of opportunities to shine.
Yes, I'm concerned about depth for our LB's this year. But I find it interesting that StickPurdue mentions Jaylan Alexander, since he is not even listed in the two deeps chart in the new GB Illustrated Preview. I realize that is no doubt because he's a Freshman. But I'm hopefull that, at the very least, Jaylan could get into the LB rotation, and maybe quickly; judging from his videos.

ADVERTISEMENT