ADVERTISEMENT

March Madness Ticketing Question

Mar 12, 2016
Purdue fan here that has been lurking (but never really posting). My Significant Other and I were planning on going to the 2nd weekend (if Purdue makes it) and saw that tickets are only available in the resale market currently (even in Ticketmaster). Should I lock in tickets now or wait until closer to the date?

Also: does any site have the original/face value pricing of these tickets? I was trying to look up face value prices for these tickets and was not able to find anything as well.

Thanks in advance!

Good question, I’m curious what others think as well.

I believe the market will fluctuate based on which teams make it— depending on how loyal the fan base is and how close the location is to that school.

I have seen tickets skyrocket when a close team makes it, or drop when a far away team with a so-so fan base makes it.

So in my opinion it’s a gamble that could go either way.

I had bought tickets to Chicago for the S16 and E8 one of the years Purdue got upset early and was able to get my money back reselling (I think I had to eat the stupid Stubhub fees or whatever).

Reactions: clankhan
I’m considering a trip to Philly this year as well— my sister and a good friend both live there so it could be a fun trip.
Unfortunately I am scheduled to have minor surgery the Monday after, so I’m not sure if it will work out (might depend on which days we play if we make it).

UK fan here. I would say get them now. Price will skyrocket once/if UK wins the 2nd round game. Might be in a bad spot if UK loses and you end up needing to sell them (if Purdue loses) because that means it would be Murray State/San Fransisco and Baylor there who will not bring many people at all so the price will plummet.

If you feel confident Purdue is there, I would buy them now.

I’m considering a trip to Philly this year as well— my sister and a good friend both live there so it could be a fun trip.
Unfortunately I am scheduled to have minor surgery the Monday after, so I’m not sure if it will work out (might depend on which days we play if we make it).

EAST Region (Philadelphia) games are Friday/Sunday schedule.

Purdue fan here that has been lurking (but never really posting). My Significant Other and I were planning on going to the 2nd weekend (if Purdue makes it) and saw that tickets are only available in the resale market currently (even in Ticketmaster). Should I lock in tickets now or wait until closer to the date?

Also: does any site have the original/face value pricing of these tickets? I was trying to look up face value prices for these tickets and was not able to find anything as well.

Thanks in advance!
We bought extra tickets in Greenville and just sold some for over 4x face value. It really depends who wins whether the market floods with tix or prices jump. It all depends how risky you are. I'm more conservative and prefer to buy (or sell) early. You can always try to resell tix if it doesn't work out.

Reactions: clankhan
😬 dang. Didn’t realize that was already decided.

Yes - WEST (San Francisco) and SOUTH (San Antonio) are TH/Sat, and the other F/Sun is MIDWEST (Chicago).

Regional Semi-Final rounds are fun, and you get to meet some great people from other fanbases/schools usually. Trust me, though, it is NO fun when your team bows out in that round.....but there are plenty of opportunities for the fans of the winners to pick up the Regional Final tickets for a song from people who just want to get the hell out of Dodge.

Last edited:
Yes - WEST (San Francisco) and SOUTH (San Antonio) are TH/Sat, and the other F/Sun is MIDWEST (Chicago).

Regional Semi-Final rounds are fun, and you get to meet some great people from other fanbases/schools usually. Trust me, though, it is NO fun when your team bows out in that round.....but there are plenty of opportunities for the fans of the winners to pick up the Regional Final tickets for a song from people who just want to get the hell out of Dodge.
I went to the 2019 Regionals with a buddy who is a UT alumni. We had divergent experiences after the first game 😂

But he was a good loser and cheered for Purdue against Virginia, as we had both agreed to prior to the first game.

Thanks everyone - what about getting tickets last minute from scalpers or from stubhub even? too risky?

Does anyone know where I can find the face value prices? I see lowers for about $300 for one session... was wondering how much above face that was

UK fan here. I would say get them now. Price will skyrocket once/if UK wins the 2nd round game. Might be in a bad spot if UK loses and you end up needing to sell them (if Purdue loses) because that means it would be Murray State/San Fransisco and Baylor there who will not bring many people at all so the price will plummet.

If you feel confident Purdue is there, I would buy them now.
Thanks. Are there a lot of UK fans in the philly area? (Wasn't sure haha)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT