ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Hall Crystal Ball

EDIT: Well played. But I am not like others on here and post only using one ID. Only reason to have more than one is to assume you are going to do something to get banned at some point.
The best comment you made in this thread is when you said you pit iron on ignore.

There are always going to be posters you don't like, trolls, IU people and a host of other people that come here you don't agree with ... using the features here on the site is the best way to deal with those folks.

The best comment you made in this thread is when you said you pit iron on ignore.

There are always going to be posters you don't like, trolls, IU people and a host of other people that come here you don't agree with ... using the features here on the site is the best way to deal with those folks.
Fair enough and you are completely correct. I have been trying to avoid engaging those that come here just to tear Purdue down like iron does but made the mistake of reading his ignored content.

I won't make that mistake again as I said. I can't guarantee that I won't call people out when they make outlandish posts, but I will at least work on just responding once and moving on.

Fair enough and you are completely correct. I have been trying to avoid engaging those that come here just to tear Purdue down like iron does but made the mistake of reading his ignored content.

I won't make that mistake again as I said. I can't guarantee that I won't call people out when they make outlandish posts, but I will at least work on just responding once and moving on.
You might have jumped the gun with Iron. He was specifically calling me out, not you. I accused him of being Montana48. He was not, and I corrected my statements. At this point all is good.

Reactions: BoilerIron
You might have jumped the gun with Iron. He was specifically calling me out, not you. I accused him of being Montana48. He was not, and I corrected my statements. At this point all is good.
He specifically mentioned me in his response which is why I responded the way I did. He's created this problem not me, but doesn't matter because I will avoid his posts from here out and I will drop commenting on it in this thread after this as well.

So @Mgkcbb you spend time on the national board - have you heard anything new about Hall?

Only thing I have seen is Malik played angry this summer and was out to prove something when a few rating places moved him into the 75-90 range. I believe he is 30-40 now and could end up being a Burger Boy.

Reactions: pboiler18
Ok, I'm guilty of getting off topic a little bit.
But anyway, who's got some inside intel on where Hall will choose?
Wish I had a crystal ball to see into the mind of an 17/18 year old kid.

From interviews I have seen, he is everything we want. Smart, humble, driven, and motivated.

I believe the last time any national guy talked about him, he said Purdue and Oregon are the favorites right now. Believe he said he will cut his list at the end of the summer season. He wants an uptempo type game and I think we are gonna be able to show him what we can do this year.

I think we sell him on immediate playing time as a 3/4 wing and that in 2 years he will be a first round NBA guy.

Reactions: Gary Boiler
Saw that as well - assuming that Izzo will turn on the tear factory....
Malik should be dropping that top 5 soon. Wonder what’s taking so long. I know Cal entered his recruitment and now it looks like MSU. Maybe all this is making him draw it out longer on the top 5.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Malik should be dropping that top 5 soon. Wonder what’s taking so long. I know Cal entered his recruitment and now it looks like MSU. Maybe all this is making him draw it out longer on the top 5.
Not sure if you have read any of the articles about him but he is a 17 with the maturity of someone twice his age. Have a feeling he is being really thoughtful with his decision and ultimately will end up playing basketball in the midwest based on the situation with his dad.

I am with @oldboiler52 on this one that he ends up committing.

Painter has got it going again.
We are getting more skilled and better athletes.
I see us break through our glass ceiling in march madness soon.

Guys like Malik help get us there.

Purdue is on a good winning trend and finishing in the top few of the big ten the last several seasons.

Painter should sell Malik that he is the guy to take us to a final 4.
Of course, if you take us to a final four you will live forever.

Reactions: nagemj02
Painter has got it going again.
We are getting more skilled and better athletes.
I see us break through our glass ceiling in march madness soon.

Guys like Malik help get us there.

Purdue is on a good winning trend and finishing in the top few of the big ten the last several seasons.

Painter should sell Malik that he is the guy to take us to a final 4.
Of course, if you take us to a final four you will live forever.

Good pitch. Agree, feels like Matt has reached the point where he can continue maintain the current level by doing more with less but needs recruits like this to break through.

Reactions: oldboiler52
MSU just offered Hall
USATSI_10674654.jpg

Izzo knows how to use elite talent. Wanting to find one of JJJ crying on the bench after getting spanked by Syracuse but no luck.

Hopefully Hall doesn't like coaches who haven't accomplished anything in 10 years even with elite talent.
That’s what I hope but you know Izzo talks about Painter playing slow and boring basketball. Regardless this is one that Paint has to rub elbows and do whatever it takes to close Malik.

Reactions: SKYDOG and nagemj02
... what? He has 3 final 4s and 4 conference championships... 7 out of the 10 years he made at least the sweet 16...

If that isn't accomplished enough for him, then he has about 3 school choices, and we aren't one of them.
I forgot about the 2015 final four, so fair enough point. Based in what I hear on this forum making the sweet sixteen is for losers lol.

That’s what I hope but you know Izzo talks about Painter playing slow and boring basketball. Regardless this is one that Paint has to rub elbows and do whatever it takes to close Malik.
He probably won’t do it but CMP should throw around Larry Nassar U. Hard to believe it’s business as usual up there. We are also building a team that is going to run more. He needs to squash that perception that I’m sure Izzo and Arch are throwing out there.

Not even close to the last and if you go by rankings not the most impactful either . But he will be a huge pick up when he commits .
I love how people put their own spin on things without having any idea about a recruit. That isn't directed at you but at those that make those statements while lying about being in a room with Gillis.

Lend weight possibly but still feel that shot is high. I l believe he is trending more and more towards Kentucky. Hall is going to be a Boiler! He will be a leader on a very athletic and talented team!

Not even close to the last and if you go by rankings not the most impactful either . But he will be a huge pick up when he commits .
I clearly said "imo". Who are our other instant impact (day 1 starter) recruits that we are still in on? The ship has sailed on TJD, Brooks, and Timme. We are going to get Franklin, and I hope we get Hall to finish the class.

Malik Hall is a "must get" imo. He is the last instant impact guy we are in on.

We've whiffed on a few 'must gets' the last few years. Painter landed Biggie, which was one of those but he's been the second choice for some top guys in the last 3-4 years.

Reactions: BoilerIron
ADVERTISEMENT