ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Decision

I’m always interested in hearing about whether or not a coach lies. I’m just asking for a link to something where there are “numerous reports” of lying. Thanks

From ESPN Outside the Lines report:

Since Dantonio's tenure began in 2007, at least 16 MSU football players have been accused of sexual assault or violence against women, according to interviews and public records obtained by Outside the Lines. Even more, Dantonio was said to be involved in handling the discipline in at least one of the cases several years ago. As recently as June, Dantonio faced a crowd of reporters who were asking questions about four of his football players who had been accused of sexual assault. Six questions in, a reporter asked Dantonio how he had handled such allegations previously.

"This is new ground for us," Dantonio answered. "We've been here 11 years -- it has not happened previously."

Reactions: mikiriba
I really don't care that specific recruits don't choose. Good for malik. I just care that painter is awful on closing top 50 talent. Really hoping we get zeke since he seems to be our only hope for a top 50.

I don't think theres anything ignorant that I've stated. MSU has a culture issue with sexual assault. Dantonio's lied about knowing anything about prior sexual assaults. And Izzo's a chronic liar. Hope you're proud of your crappy university...

Awwww, Purdue Pat...you poor thing, you just believe everything you see on TV, don't you? You are the reason why the media operates the way it does in 2018.

For the record, Dantonio's actually been cleared through the Jones Day Report and NCAA to have handled issues correctly when they've come up (corroborated by phone records). Izzo was cleared by the NCAA as well. I'm sure you just prefer to believe that Izzo and Dantonio were fishing buddies with Nassar (even though they've never met), as ESPN tried to depict.

Reactions: Keric9823 and drm
He chose MSU. Can we move on? Do people forget we that we still have a rather good class coming in?

He made the choice that he thinks suits his needs, so be it. All this happens yet we still end up being good to very good usually really who cares at this point. Yeah I don't much care for Izzo but you can't deny his success in the past.

Time to move on, plus we have a game tonight. I am excited to see our "new look" on offense!

Since Dantonio's tenure began in 2007, at least 16 MSU football players have been accused of sexual assault or violence against women, according to interviews and public records obtained by Outside the Lines. Even more, Dantonio was said to be involved in handling the discipline in at least one of the cases several years ago. As recently as June, Dantonio faced a crowd of reporters who were asking questions about four of his football players who had been accused of sexual assault. Six questions in, a reporter asked Dantonio how he had handled such allegations previously.

"This is new ground for us," Dantonio answered. "We've been here 11 years -- it has not happened previously."

Context, context, context. I just read the full report on the questions. Dantonio was replying to the question regarding the most recent incident where a player had walked into his office and told him he may have witnessed a sexual assault. This was a first. He immediately (according to MSU police and the player himself) stopped the player from saying anything more and called the police with the player still in his office. He then called the Title IX office and the Athletic Director. When he said "We've been here 11 years--it has not happened previously" he was referring to having a player walk into his office and tell him about a sexual assault. Not that a sexual assault had not happened in the last 11 years.

I wish Malik the best in his future endeavors at Molester State. I also hope that he sits a lot on the bench during his tenure there. He made a bad choice imo. However, it was his choice and he will be the one primarily affected by it.

We can boo the heck out of him on his future visits to Mackey. I would not be surprised if a transfer is in his future in a year or two given the depth ahead of him at his position.

Explain to me who is ahead of him next year?

At worst he’s in the 2 deep as a true freshman unless we get brooks.

You are referencing the initial ESPN report, which has since been dismantled and shredded by anyone with a brain. Not only were they cleared by the NCAA (which you claim to be incompetent), but they were also cleared by the Jones Day Report (3rd Party Firm) and by the US Department of Education OCR report.

Also, go back and watch video of Dantonio's response (instead of an out of context quote printed by the media). He essentially says everything has been handled correctly and according to protocol during his tenure. I'm sure the media dug pretty deep after he said that and nothing more ever came of it.

Awwww, Purdue Pat...you poor thing, you just believe everything you see on TV, don't you? You are the reason why the media operates the way it does in 2018.

For the record, Dantonio's actually been cleared through the Jones Day Report and NCAA to have handled issues correctly when they've come up (corroborated by phone records). Izzo was cleared by the NCAA as well. I'm sure you just prefer to believe that Izzo and Dantonio were fishing buddies with Nassar (even though they've never met), as ESPN tried to depict.

Give me a break. Victims at your school have already denounced the NCAA "investigation". That was nothing more than the NCAA covering their asses. I've had debates with alot smarter people than you, and that's not saying much.

Context, context, context. I just read the full report on the questions. Dantonio was replying to the question regarding the most recent incident where a player had walked into his office and told him he may have witnessed a sexual assault. This was a first. He immediately (according to MSU police and the player himself) stopped the player from saying anything more and called the police with the player still in his office. He then called the Title IX office and the Athletic Director. When he said "We've been here 11 years--it has not happened previously" he was referring to having a player walk into his office and tell him about a sexual assault. Not that a sexual assault had not happened in the last 11 years.
Don’t present facts here. Not allowed!

I don't think theres anything ignorant that I've stated. MSU has a culture issue with sexual assault. Dantonio's lied about knowing anything about prior sexual assaults. And Izzo's a chronic liar. Hope you're proud of your crappy university...
Not sure why I'm compelled to get down here in the gutter with you. The culture you speak of did not filter down to Izzo or CMD. Those are two fine leaders of young men and it is a shame that they will have a stain on their reps due to shoddy TMZ reporting by BSPN. Just a shame. For those like you who suck on that teet......shame.

Reactions: MSU1986
Give me a break. Victims at your school have already denounced the NCAA "investigation". That was nothing more than the NCAA covering their asses. I've had debates with alot smarter people than you, and that's not saying much.

Stop it, you're giving Pat's worldwide a bad name.

He chose MSU. Can we move on? Do people forget we that we still have a rather good class coming in?

He made the choice that he thinks suits his needs, so be it. All this happens yet we still end up being good to very good usually really who cares at this point. Yeah I don't much care for Izzo but you can't deny his success in the past.

Time to move on, plus we have a game tonight. I am excited to see our "new look" on offense!

I still hope his college career ends up in the crapper.

Reactions: ahhculdee

Those victims had nothing to do with the football or basketball program. I’m still waiting for “proof” that Izzo or Dantonio covered up, lied or were complicit in any wrong doings. As an ex-cop who worked a great deal of sexual assaults in my career I have zero tolerance for rapists and I was initially very angry with my university when the OTL came out. However, once I got past the innuendo and after examining what actually happened and the evidence, I’m not seeing where either coach covered up anything. The Gymnastics program? Yeah, lots of problems. The way the university handled it? Yeah, lots of problems even though there’s been no proof of any type of cover-up. But the football and basketball coaches? Not seeing it.

Reactions: kdavid45
Weird that the only "package deal" mentioned for Brooks is with TJD...

Didn't know Brooks and Stewart were best friends. I thought MSU was probably Brooks' 3rd choice, behind IU and UCLA, which would probably be a package deal with TJD.

About the only thing I know about Brooks' recruitment is that he never really considered Purdue.

I think you got this reversed. Barnes signed the LOI for MSU. It was Biggie that backed out. He came to his senses.
Honestly, he was pushed more by a guy unknown to this board. Goody, had and still has the biggest impact to many of his decisions.

I think you got this reversed. Barnes signed the LOI for MSU. It was Biggie that backed out. He came to his senses.
That is 100% false - you have to be a real homer to believe that. Barnes NEVER wanted him to go to MSU. If your Mods had integrity — that would tell you the truth.

That is 100% false - you have to be a real homer to believe that. Barnes NEVER wanted him to go to MSU. If your Mods had integrity — that would tell you the truth.
Barnes didn’t care, believe it or not. This was Biggie’s decision. Don’t come on here and post about integrity. It is not a factor and it is a subject you have little knowledge of.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Don’t present facts here. Not allowed!
Deadspin piece on the Appling and Payne rape from 2010:

https://deadspin.com/5651355/sexual...state-players-why-arent-charges-being-brought

Sexual Assault Allegations Against Two Michigan State Players: Why Aren't Charges Being Brought?
Barry Petchesky9/29/10 4:05pm
17iskwj5227uijpg.jpg

Two MSU players were accused of sexually assaulting a woman on campus in August. Despite a police recommendation to prosecute, and one of the accused players later corroborating the victim's account, the prosecutor's office will not be pursuing the case.

The two players have not and will not be named, as long as they aren't charged with any crime. And it doesn't look like they ever will be, despite what looks to our untrained eyes like plenty of evidence to go forward.

The woman met the two at a dorm orientation meeting, she says in the police report. After a few drinks she returned to the players' room.

Once in the room, the three started playing basketball using a mini-hoop. When the victim missed a basket, one of the men told her she had to remove an article of clothing. The victim agreed and removed her t-shirt because she had a tank top on underneath.

At this point, the victim says, the players began to deliberately miss baskets until they were stripped "completely naked." One of the men allegedly blocked the doorway to the room, while the other "cornered" the victim in the room.

"[The victim] explained to [detectives] that the body language of [the players] suggested she was not free to leave," the report says. "[Redacted] was blocking any escape path to the exit of the dorm room. [The victim] stated that after [redacted] approached the door he turned the lights in the room off and the room went completely dark. At this point, the sexual assault began."

The victim told police the players penetrated her in various positions. The victim told detectives the players allegedly asked her "how does that feel?" and "how do you want it?" The victim says she told the players she didn't want it and gave "other indicators she was not a willing participant."

The victim told police that the players pinned her down, but at one point she freed her arms momentarily and struck one of the players in the face. The player was on top of her and in response to her hitting him, he allegedly said, "Don't. Just relax. C'mon," as he continued to assault her, the report says.

According to the Ingham County Prosecutor, charging a case like this "requires the element of force and/or coercion," and of the prosecutors who reviewed it, "none could find any of these necessary elements." It's almost like they didn't read the police report.

It gets worse: the MSU Police Department asked for and were granted a search warrant, and removed DNA evidence, clothing and used condoms from the players' room. They also interviewed one of the players (the other declined to speak).

He told investigators that when it was clear from the victim's statements that she did not want to have sex, he stopped. However, the other player continued "despite her reluctance and statements that she did not want to continue."

After all this, MSU Police forwarded their report to the prosecutor's office with a recommendation that the two players be charged with Criminal Sexual Conduct 1, the most serious level of assault.

Prosecutors say the decision not to bring charges was a mutual one, made with the victim's agreement. She denies this, though she admits to being wary of the backlash that inevitably hits anyone accusing athletes of sexual assault.

I worry about what would happen if it didn't go through and having to deal with all the publicity and everything that goes with pursuing charges," she said. "But also I am angry. It's just that everybody looks at them as heroes and they're so excited for basketball season that [the players] get off without anybody caring. They haven't even been punished."

Maybe not in a courtroom. But it's a matter of time before the rumor mill, the media, and public opinion put everyone involved through the wringer.

https://deadspin.com/5651355/sexual...state-players-why-arent-charges-being-brought

Sexual Assault Allegations Against Two Michigan State Players: Why Aren't Charges Being Brought?
17iskwj5227uijpg.jpg

Two MSU players were accused of sexually assaulting a woman on campus in August. Despite a police recommendation to prosecute, and one of the accused players later corroborating the victim's account, the prosecutor's office will not be pursuing the case.

The two players have not and will not be named, as long as they aren't charged with any crime. And it doesn't look like they ever will be, despite what looks to our untrained eyes like plenty of evidence to go forward.

The woman met the two at a dorm orientation meeting, she says in the police report. After a few drinks she returned to the players' room.

Once in the room, the three started playing basketball using a mini-hoop. When the victim missed a basket, one of the men told her she had to remove an article of clothing. The victim agreed and removed her t-shirt because she had a tank top on underneath.

At this point, the victim says, the players began to deliberately miss baskets until they were stripped "completely naked." One of the men allegedly blocked the doorway to the room, while the other "cornered" the victim in the room.

"[The victim] explained to [detectives] that the body language of [the players] suggested she was not free to leave," the report says. "[Redacted] was blocking any escape path to the exit of the dorm room. [The victim] stated that after [redacted] approached the door he turned the lights in the room off and the room went completely dark. At this point, the sexual assault began."

The victim told police the players penetrated her in various positions. The victim told detectives the players allegedly asked her "how does that feel?" and "how do you want it?" The victim says she told the players she didn't want it and gave "other indicators she was not a willing participant."

The victim told police that the players pinned her down, but at one point she freed her arms momentarily and struck one of the players in the face. The player was on top of her and in response to her hitting him, he allegedly said, "Don't. Just relax. C'mon," as he continued to assault her, the report says.

According to the Ingham County Prosecutor, charging a case like this "requires the element of force and/or coercion," and of the prosecutors who reviewed it, "none could find any of these necessary elements." It's almost like they didn't read the police report.

It gets worse: the MSU Police Department asked for and were granted a search warrant, and removed DNA evidence, clothing and used condoms from the players' room. They also interviewed one of the players (the other declined to speak).

He told investigators that when it was clear from the victim's statements that she did not want to have sex, he stopped. However, the other player continued "despite her reluctance and statements that she did not want to continue."

After all this, MSU Police forwarded their report to the prosecutor's office with a recommendation that the two players be charged with Criminal Sexual Conduct 1, the most serious level of assault.

Prosecutors say the decision not to bring charges was a mutual one, made with the victim's agreement. She denies this, though she admits to being wary of the backlash that inevitably hits anyone accusing athletes of sexual assault.

I worry about what would happen if it didn't go through and having to deal with all the publicity and everything that goes with pursuing charges," she said. "But also I am angry. It's just that everybody looks at them as heroes and they're so excited for basketball season that [the players] get off without anybody caring. They haven't even been punished."

Maybe not in a courtroom. But it's a matter of time before the rumor mill, the media, and public opinion put everyone involved through the wringer.

17iskwj5227uijpg.jpg

Did the article mention anywhere that the country prosecutor had a press conference where he stated that not only will they not be pressing charges, he believes that “no crime was ever committed”?

How is a school supposed to kick out a kid when the county says no crime was committed, and federal title 9 clears them as well? Sounds like a lawsuit if a player was thrown off the team for it.

Man so many people from felon U needing our approval here the last couple days. Don't you guys have your own forum or is it inaccessible on your cell block?

Reactions: tenwest

17iskwj5227uijpg.jpg

Wow. Never saw this before? Actually, it was investigated and no charges were brought for a reason. It wasn’t covered up.

Reactions: JRMSU
Did the article mention anywhere that the country prosecutor had a press conference where he stated that not only will they not be pressing charges, he believes that “no crime was ever committed”?

How is a school supposed to kick out a kid when the county says no crime was committed, and federal title 9 clears them as well? Sounds like a lawsuit if a player was thrown off the team for it.
Again, they are looking for anything to help them sleep.

Reactions: JRMSU
Man so many people from felon U needing our approval here the last couple days. Don't you guys have your own forum or is it inaccessible on your cell block?

There’s only one school in the B10 ever to play with a convicted felon and that’s Michigan.

They have one on their team right now for sexual misconduct. And had one on their team a couple years ago for robbery.

You’re confusing “needing approval” with providing information. Some prefer to have the correct information to form a more informed opinion. Some prefer not to have more info since it can challenge incorrect beliefs that are more comfortable. You seem to fall into the latter group.

You’re confusing “needing approval” with providing information. Some prefer to have the correct information to form a more informed opinion. Some prefer not to have more info since it can challenge incorrect beliefs that are more comfortable. You seem to fall into the latter group.
Na, with the frequency you guys keep coming back it's clear you need our approval. You can spin things however it helps you sleep at night, but the truth remains.

Either way, this is all done anyway so I'm done commenting on it. Keep the thread alive all you want!

Na, with the frequency you guys keep coming back it's clear you need our approval. You can spin things however it helps you sleep at night, but the truth remains.

Either way, this is all done anyway so I'm done commenting on it. Keep the thread alive all you want!
I don’t give a shit about your approval. I just enjoy seeing arrogant, ignorant fools like yourself be wrong and watching MSU beat Purdue on the football field, basketball court, and recruiting trail.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT