ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Decision

When's Painter's expiration date? 14 years is a little less than half my lifetime. I consider that a long period of time.
If I am Bobinski I look at regular season and post season records plus revenue from the program. I would assume over the past 3 years both are in a good place so no reason to change.

I would push on Painter to look at his organization and ask what he thinks he is missing to get him to the next level. At the end of the day you are only as strong as your weakest link and his weakest link is recruiting elite talent.

Do I wish him well at MSU....No. I don't want him to get injured or anything but I hope his time at MSU sucks, his team sucks and he deeply regrets his decision.
Sour grapes. Yep.
Somebody once said that if you're not a sore loser, then you didn't care that much about winning in the first place.

giphy.gif

I most definately think Indiana had the best team in the nation during the May & Henderson injuries. I also think that Purdue had the best team in College Basketball when Hummel went down at Minnesota...
I would argue that Last year’s Purdue team was a Final Four team until Haas went down. When they played well — they were scary good.

I would argue that Last year’s Purdue team was a Final Four team until Haas went down. When they played well — they were scary good.
So where is Hall getting minutes? At SF he is battling against Henry and Brown and at PF he is battling Bingham and Kithier. Based on everything from the scrimmage/exhibition this week is Henry is the most game ready of your freshman and Bingham has the highest upside and will be a hard call for Izzo to RS. Will be hard to unseat 2 returning players for time.

Interested to hear your thoughts since I thought that is why we would have won out.

So where is Hall getting minutes? At SF he is battling against Henry and Brown and at PF he is battling Bingham and Kithier. Based on everything from the scrimmage/exhibition this week is Henry is the most game ready of your freshman and Bingham has the highest upside and will be a hard call for Izzo to RS. Will be hard to unseat 2 returning players for time.

Interested to hear your thoughts since I thought that is why we would have won out.

Henry will play the 2 some and Brown could play some 4.

But if we also land Brooks..

Given that a well-known IU person has been claiming this for weeks (who knows the kid well and his trainer) is very unsurprising.

As many know, this is only news to those who refused or didn't want to listen to what the kid had been saying privately.

Most Purdue fans knew or at least had a little fear that as soon as Izzo threw his hat in this was likely to happen. He knows how to recruit against Purdue and sell a kid on final fours, a twenty year old NCAA title, and the glitz and glam that is MSU basketball. It's a broken record that works nearly every time.

Even though all the inside info was pointing that way, it doesn't make the announcement any less disappointing for a kid CMP spent so much time on. Heck, he even watched him 3 times this past weekend.

Anyways, Hopefully we get Nnaji, and still excited about the '19 class that is coming in.

Our 2 and 3 are the exact same in our scheme. So both Henry and brown can and will be at the 2 some times. So Hall will be mixed in there.

We are still after brooks as a luxury pickup, so there’s definitely the PT there.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Never will understand why anyone would choose to go to Molester State University. More power to him, maybe he can right the ship up there.

Reactions: ahhculdee
Also on brooks our odds heavily depend on getting his best friend and top 5 overall kid Stewart.

I think we get one of Carey or Stewart. If it’s stewart we become the favorite for brooks.

I wish Malik the best in his future endeavors at Molester State. I also hope that he sits a lot on the bench during his tenure there. He made a bad choice imo. However, it was his choice and he will be the one primarily affected by it.

We can boo the heck out of him on his future visits to Mackey. I would not be surprised if a transfer is in his future in a year or two given the depth ahead of him at his position.

Don't you think the late push for Hall was because Izzo knew Brooks wasn't coming?
That could be. Believe me, we have lost our share of recruiting battles to Duke and Kentucky. Duke has pulled more Chicago players that has driven Izzo nuts. I think Izzo knew Hall or Brooks was a must. — both would be a luxury — but he had to have one of them.

Don't you think the late push for Hall was because Izzo knew Brooks wasn't coming?

That’s what makes this sting. Hall has been a top priority it seems for us. Inviting the entire Sunrise team to a game at Mackey, etc.. Hall was second fiddle at MSU.

I change my stance on my player rating unless Brooks goes to MSU or IU, ha:

Brooks > Hall

It is looking like IU though and that crowded situation at forward unless our connection to the Fort could get us back in the game.

That’s what makes this sting. Hall has been a top priority it seems for us. Inviting the entire Sunrise team to a game at Mackey, etc.. Hall was second fiddle at MSU.

I change my stance on my player rating unless Brooks goes to MSU or IU, ha:

Brooks > Hall

It is looking like IU though and that crowded situation at forward unless our connection to the Fort could get us back in the game.
I believe Painter backed of Brooks when they didnt get an official (same thing with TJD).

Will be interesting to see if the magic disappears from Duke now that Capel and his bagmen went to Pittsburgh.

I too will be interested to see what goes forward with Duke on the recruiting front without Capel and what he does @ Pitt. He's had some head coaching success, them went back to Duke as an assistant for several years. At the same time, Duke has experienced a recent bonanza with recruiting the likely NBA lottery prospects. Life in the fast lane.

This one stings more than usual for me. Not sure why. Has nothing to do with Hall choosing MSU, just that he didn't choose Purdue.

'19 still looks like a solid class. Just tired of not getting MORE top talent.

Whatever makes you feel better guy. lol So sad how a kid choosing one university over another pushes what I'm sure are decent people to become so ignorant and hateful.

I don't think theres anything ignorant that I've stated. MSU has a culture issue with sexual assault. Dantonio's lied about knowing anything about prior sexual assaults. And Izzo's a chronic liar. Hope you're proud of your crappy university...

Reactions: SpartyRBS
Did I just see an IU fan fire a shot across the bow at a MSU fan on a Purdue board? Yes. Let this thread die.

Most Purdue fans knew or at least had a little fear that as soon as Izzo threw his hat in this was likely to happen. He knows how to recruit against Purdue and sell a kid on final fours, a twenty year old NCAA title, and the glitz and glam that is MSU basketball. It's a broken record that works nearly every time.

Even though all the inside info was pointing that way, it doesn't make the announcement any less disappointing for a kid CMP spent so much time on. Heck, he even watched him 3 times this past weekend.

Anyways, Hopefully we get Nnaji, and still excited about the '19 class that is coming in.

I sincerely understand how you feel. This has happened to us when Duke or Kansas has gotten involved on several recruits. Izzo had been recruiting Parker since 8th grade (longer than anyone) just to lose him to Duke. That one was painful and not the only one. This year we may beat them for Carey but if we do it will be the first I can remember. Long time coming. Painters a good coach, he’ll eventually get to a Final Four and start landing more highly regarded kids.

I don't think theres anything ignorant that I've stated. MSU has a culture issue with sexual assault. Dantonio's lied about knowing anything about prior sexual assaults. And Izzo's a chronic liar. Hope you're proud of your crappy university...

It’s been yet to be shown that Dantonio or Izzo has lied about anything. Every investigation so far has shown that they did not cover anything up and no one has exposed where they lied. If you can link where it’s been shown he or Izzo lied, I’d certainly be grateful to see it.

Just to set the record straight, Dantonio lied about knowledge of prior sexiual asualts when he said in regards to four of his players currently accused of sexual assault, his answer was a blatant lie... "This is new ground for us. We've been here 11 years--it has not happened previously." That answer is total BS.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Just to set the record straight, Dantonio lied about knowledge of prior sexiual asualts when he said in regards to four of his players currently accused of sexual assault, his answer was a blatant lie... "This is new ground for us. We've been here 11 years--it has not happened previously." That answer is total BS.

Can you link anything so I can get context for what was said? Thanks

It’s been yet to be shown that Dantonio or Izzo has lied about anything. Every investigation so far has shown that they did not cover anything up and no one has exposed where they lied. If you can link where it’s been shown he or Izzo lied, I’d certainly be grateful to see it.

Dantonio clearly lied when he stood up in a press conference and told the public he essentially knew nothing about 16 reports of sexual assault reports by members of his team. If you believe because the incompetent NCAA cleared Dantonio, you have your head in the sand. There have been numerous students/victims who have refuted the NCAA report.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Dantonio clearly lied when he stood up in a press conference and told the public he essentially knew nothing about 16 reports of sexual assault reports by members of his team. If you believe because the incompetent NCAA cleared Dantonio, you have your head in the sand. There have been numerous students/victims who have refuted the NCAA report.

I’m always interested in hearing about whether or not a coach lies. I’m just asking for a link to something where there are “numerous reports” of lying. Thanks

Reactions: kluegs17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT