YouSayPotato

True Freshman
Jun 4, 2021

Hunter Biden’s Laptop Is Finally News Fit to Print​

The press that ignored the story in 2020 admits that it’s real.​

By The Editorial Board Wall StreetJournal

March 18, 2022 6:41 pm ET

im-508180

Hunter Biden walks to Marine One on the Ellipse outside the White House on May 22, 2021.​

Talk about burying the lead—for 17 months. The New York Times has finally acknowledged that Hunter Biden’s business dealings are legitimate news. Implicit apology accepted.
The Times waddled in this week with a story on the “tax affairs” of the President’s son, including this gem in the 24th paragraph: “Those emails were obtained by The New York Times from a cache of files that appears to have come from a laptop abandoned by Mr. Biden in a Delaware repair shop. The email and others in the cache were authenticated by people familiar with them and with the investigation.”
You don’t say. This admission comes six months after a Politico writer published a book that also confirmed that the laptop emails were authentic. But the original scoop belonged to the New York Post, which broke its laptop story in October 2020—only to meet a media wall of denial and distortion.
Rather than attempt to confirm the emails, nearly all of the media at the time ignored the story or “fact-checked” it as false. This in-kind contribution to candidate Joe Biden was all the more egregious given other evidence supporting the Post’s scoop. Neither Hunter Biden nor the Biden campaign denied that the laptop was Hunter’s. And Hunter’s former business partner, Tony Bobulinski, went public with documents backing up some of the laptop’s contents.

The herd of media conformists also echoed the speculation of obviously partisan “intelligence officials.” Some 50 of these officials—headlined by former Obama spooks James Clapper and John Brennan —circulated a statement peddling the Russian “disinformation” line—even as they admitted they had no evidence.
This result was a blackout of the Hunter news, except in a few places, including these pages. Twitter blocked the Post’s account for nearly two weeks, and Facebook used algorithms to quash the story. This deprived voters of information they might have wanted to know before Election Day.
There’s more for our reborn media sleuths to investigate. Mr. Bobulinski provided these pages with documents showing Hunter was looking to use the Biden name to profit from a business deal with a Shanghai-based company with ties to the Chinese government.

One May 2017 “expectations” email from Hunter associate James Gilliar shows Hunter receiving 20% of the equity in the venture, with another “10 held by H for the big guy.” Mr. Bobulinski says the “big guy” is Joe Biden. To this day the Bidens have not had to explain their business arrangement.
The emails make clear that Hunter was cashing in on the Biden name, including as a board member of Burisma, a Ukrainian gas company. That influence-peddling was a potential political liability for Mr. Biden, which was why the facts deserved an airing before the election. They are still relevant, especially with U.S.-China relations so fraught.
The Times won a Pulitzer prize for pushing the Russia collusion narrative, which proved to be much ado about nothing. The New York Post deserves a Pulitzer, but it will probably have to settle for well-earned vindication.

Reactions: Boilermaker03

Hunter Biden’s Laptop Is Finally News Fit to Print​

The press that ignored the story in 2020 admits that it’s real.​

By The Editorial Board Wall StreetJournal

March 18, 2022 6:41 pm ET

im-508180

Hunter Biden walks to Marine One on the Ellipse outside the White House on May 22, 2021.​

Talk about burying the lead—for 17 months. The New York Times has finally acknowledged that Hunter Biden’s business dealings are legitimate news. Implicit apology accepted.
The Times waddled in this week with a story on the “tax affairs” of the President’s son, including this gem in the 24th paragraph: “Those emails were obtained by The New York Times from a cache of files that appears to have come from a laptop abandoned by Mr. Biden in a Delaware repair shop. The email and others in the cache were authenticated by people familiar with them and with the investigation.”
You don’t say. This admission comes six months after a Politico writer published a book that also confirmed that the laptop emails were authentic. But the original scoop belonged to the New York Post, which broke its laptop story in October 2020—only to meet a media wall of denial and distortion.
Rather than attempt to confirm the emails, nearly all of the media at the time ignored the story or “fact-checked” it as false. This in-kind contribution to candidate Joe Biden was all the more egregious given other evidence supporting the Post’s scoop. Neither Hunter Biden nor the Biden campaign denied that the laptop was Hunter’s. And Hunter’s former business partner, Tony Bobulinski, went public with documents backing up some of the laptop’s contents.

The herd of media conformists also echoed the speculation of obviously partisan “intelligence officials.” Some 50 of these officials—headlined by former Obama spooks James Clapper and John Brennan —circulated a statement peddling the Russian “disinformation” line—even as they admitted they had no evidence.
This result was a blackout of the Hunter news, except in a few places, including these pages. Twitter blocked the Post’s account for nearly two weeks, and Facebook used algorithms to quash the story. This deprived voters of information they might have wanted to know before Election Day.
There’s more for our reborn media sleuths to investigate. Mr. Bobulinski provided these pages with documents showing Hunter was looking to use the Biden name to profit from a business deal with a Shanghai-based company with ties to the Chinese government.

One May 2017 “expectations” email from Hunter associate James Gilliar shows Hunter receiving 20% of the equity in the venture, with another “10 held by H for the big guy.” Mr. Bobulinski says the “big guy” is Joe Biden. To this day the Bidens have not had to explain their business arrangement.
The emails make clear that Hunter was cashing in on the Biden name, including as a board member of Burisma, a Ukrainian gas company. That influence-peddling was a potential political liability for Mr. Biden, which was why the facts deserved an airing before the election. They are still relevant, especially with U.S.-China relations so fraught.
The Times won a Pulitzer prize for pushing the Russia collusion narrative, which proved to be much ado about nothing. The New York Post deserves a Pulitzer, but it will probably have to settle for well-earned vindication.
And with all that, sadly nothing will be done.

People like Purduefan1 will hurumph this and ask what position Hunter holds in the administration.
I’m all ears. Please tell me what position he holds in the administration. Please tell me what the actual big news story about his laptop is. I mean it’s like the healthcare plan. Every two weeks we’re gonna get the scoop! Not amazingly it never comes to be. What a bunch of Pavlov’s dogs you idiots are.

I’m all ears. Please tell me what position he holds in the administration. Please tell me what the actual big news story about his laptop is. I mean it’s like the healthcare plan. Every two weeks we’re gonna get the scoop! Not amazingly it never comes to be. What a bunch of Pavlov’s dogs you idiots are.
Gosh, the President's son is a corrupt cokehead and he's gotten $Millions from China, Russia, Ukraine and complained in E-mails on his laptop, that the "Big Guy" gets 10% (when he was VP). As President, he probably gets 20 - 25% now. There are multiple verified E-mails that talk of the corruption, including Hunter complaining about sharing accounts with Joe and him having to pay a lot of Joe's bills.

The worst part is that the FBI has had all this information for 1.5 years and sat on it. Imagine what would have happened. if one of Trump's kids had done all this crap? The MSM & FBI would have had a field day.

Equal justice under the law doesn't exist in our country any longer. BNI complains about Blacks not having privilege. There is no greater privilege, than that enjoyed by Dem politicians in our country. The MSM & legal system protect them at all costs.

Why are y'all and Faux News so fixated on Hunter Biden so much?
Because had this been acknowledged by MSM when it first became public Biden would have lost. 15% of those that voted for him stated in recent polling that they wouldn't have voted for him if they had been made aware of his son's and possibly his own involvement in influence peddling while in office as VP.

Why are y'all and Faux News so fixated on Hunter Biden so much?
@PurdueFan1 You two are missing the full story. The laptop, and then Bobulinski, both showed that not only did Hunter use his dad's name to get sweetheart deals from foreign companies and governments that he couldn't have done otherwise (because he had no qualifications for these positions), but he was paying his dad (Joe Biden) a royalty fee. This was backdoor access to Joe Biden while 'ol Joe was VP. If that isn't a big deal to you two, then you guys are morons.

Is he getting his cues from Psaki?
I just live in reality, bud. The laptop gets trotted out as a shiny object for folks like you every once in awhile. Just like the election fraud you can’t prove, etc etc and so on and so forth

@PurdueFan1 You two are missing the full story. The laptop, and then Bobulinski, both showed that not only did Hunter use his dad's name to get sweetheart deals from foreign companies and governments that he couldn't have done otherwise (because he had no qualifications for these positions), but he was paying his dad (Joe Biden) a royalty fee. This was backdoor access to Joe Biden while 'ol Joe was VP. If that isn't a big deal to you two, then you guys are morons.
There’s no story I’m missing because there’s no story, you Alex Jones wannabe.

• Haha
There’s no story I’m missing because there’s no story, you Alex Jones wannabe.
Thank you for confirming what we already knew about you. Do you ever acknowledge any wrongdoing by people on the left? EVER? The left media are finally saying this is a real story. We've known about this for over 17 months, and you claim you live in reality! LOL How are the unicorns there?

Thank you for confirming what we already knew about you. Do you ever acknowledge any wrongdoing by people on the left? EVER? The left media are finally saying this is a real story. We've known about this for over 17 months, and you claim you live in reality! LOL How are the unicorns there?
You should have asked him how the hemorrhoids are because that's all he can see where he keeps his head.

I just live in reality, bud. The laptop gets trotted out as a shiny object for folks like you every once in awhile. Just like the election fraud you can’t prove, etc etc and so on and so forth
No, it’s actually been out since before the election but the news was swept under the rug by the MSM to protect Biden and the Democrat agenda.
I know you’re not smart, but are you really that naive?

I’m STILL waiting for anyone to tell me what an unverified and uncorroborated story about a guy who has no involvement in the administration has to do with anything. Aside from lathering up the dipshit righties, of course. Mission accomplished there, I guess.

• Haha
I’m STILL waiting for anyone to tell me what an unverified and uncorroborated story about a guy who has no involvement in the administration has to do with anything. Aside from lathering up the dipshit righties, of course. Mission accomplished there, I guess.
And at the time Russian collusion wasn't verified either. But it didn't stop the media from running with it non-stop for months during Trump's campaign and literally prosecuting him in the court of public opinion. And BTW, the emails on Hunter's laptop implicate the "big guy". But hey, why publish anything about that during Biden's campaign, right?

You're denial is really entertaining. The NYT tried denying it was real, without bothering to investigate it. After 1.5 years of denial, they finally had to admit the obvious - The laptop is Hunter Biden's and everything on it is valid.

Your protestations are just proof of your monumental ignorance. In your mind, if you didn't hear it on CNN, it can't be true. March on little drone. Fight the good fight to preserve your ignorance.

No your not. You've been told multiple times what the significance of the laptop is, but you don't allow information contrary to you programming to penetrate your impervious skull. Wearing your rectum like a stocking cap makes it even harder.

You're probably dumb enough and so thoroughly programmed that you believe Biden had nothing to do with inflation or the high gas prices. It was Putin's Price Hike...

Between April 2014 and November 2015 Biden received monthly payments of $83,333 for “consulting services" from a Ukranian Energy giant (Burisma). Documents prove this to be true and it's not debated by the Biden camp.

A company who could have hired hundreds of highly qualified and highly experienced individuals or firms hired a man who with a very bad history and known issues. A man with zero knowledge of the energy industry or international business. His only real qualification was being the son of the current VP. So the onus is on you to explain why a Ukranian energy company with the ability to pay for a number of highly qualified and experienced people hired this guy?

Between April 2014 and November 2015 Biden received monthly payments of $83,333 for “consulting services" from a Ukranian Energy giant (Burisma). Documents prove this to be true and it's not debated by the Biden camp.

A company who could have hired hundreds of highly qualified and highly experienced individuals or firms hired a man who with a very bad history and known issues. A man with zero knowledge of the energy industry or international business. His only real qualification was being the son of the current VP. So the onus is on you to explain why a Ukranian energy company with the ability to pay for a number of highly qualified and experienced people hired this guy?
@PurdueFan1 Crickets

Reactions: Crayfish57
And at the time Russian collusion wasn't verified either. But it didn't stop the media from running with it non-stop for months during Trump's campaign and literally prosecuting him in the court of public opinion. And BTW, the emails on Hunter's laptop implicate the "big guy". But hey, why publish anything about that during Biden's campaign, right?
In BNI’s words they “literally lynched” Trump in the court of public opinion.

No your not. You've been told multiple times what the significance of the laptop is, but you don't allow information contrary to you programming to penetrate your impervious skull. Wearing your rectum like a stocking cap makes it even harder.

You're probably dumb enough and so thoroughly programmed that you believe Biden had nothing to do with inflation or the high gas prices. It was Putin's Price Hike...
Purduefan1, although simple minded and naive, is fiercely loyal to the democrat party. He could probably take 10 minutes of water boarding if it meant protecting Biden.

And…..don’t forget the video of Sleepy Joe threatening to withhold a billion in aid to Ukraine unless the special prosecutor investigating Burisma was fired.

And in Joe’s words “son of a bitch, they fired him!”

Gosh, the President's son is a corrupt cokehead and he's gotten $Millions from China, Russia, Ukraine and complained in E-mails on his laptop, that the "Big Guy" gets 10% (when he was VP). As President, he probably gets 20 - 25% now. There are multiple verified E-mails that talk of the corruption, including Hunter complaining about sharing accounts with Joe and him having to pay a lot of Joe's bills.

The worst part is that the FBI has had all this information for 1.5 years and sat on it. Imagine what would have happened. if one of Trump's kids had done all this crap? The MSM & FBI would have had a field day.

Equal justice under the law doesn't exist in our country any longer. BNI complains about Blacks not having privilege. There is no greater privilege, than that enjoyed by Dem politicians in our country. The MSM & legal system protect them at all costs.
IMO the biggest problem is Joe lied about it during the debate.
The media bought the Russian mis-information lie hook line and sinker.

Reactions: BoilerMadness

What emails implicate what? You haven’t even seen any emails. You guys are so desperate for anything but all you have is some mystery laptop that belongs to someone who isn’t in the administration. But any reason to wear that tinfoil hat I guess.

• Haha
And…..don’t forget the video of Sleepy Joe threatening to withhold a billion in aid to Ukraine unless the special prosecutor investigating Burisma was fired.

And in Joe’s words “son of a bitch, they fired him!”
I mean you do realize Trump was impeached the first time because he tried to bribe Ukraine right? I’m sure that slipped your mind because you were so excited to see a fellow fat, middle aged mouth breather on a flight protesting masks, which is understandable for the easily distracted.

• Haha
The onus isn’t on me for shit. So what if he had the job? He was a private citizen and so was his dad. Do I like it? No. But oh well. Should we talk about Trumps kids raking the dough in while daddy played with Lego’s and shoveled in McDonald’s in the Oval Office?
No reason to talk about Trump’s kids anymore. He is out of office and Builderbob6 posted about this stuff everyday for 4 years plus.

I mean you do realize Trump was impeached the first time because he tried to bribe Ukraine right? I’m sure that slipped your mind because you were so excited to see a fellow fat, middle aged mouth breather on a flight protesting masks, which is understandable for the easily distracted.
You mean the phone call that was recorded for the entire world to hear? How exactly did Trump try to bribe Ukraine.
Wow....Your TDS is showing.

The onus isn’t on me for shit. So what if he had the job? He was a private citizen and so was his dad. Do I like it? No. But oh well. Should we talk about Trumps kids raking the dough in while daddy played with Lego’s and shoveled in McDonald’s in the Oval Office?
If Trump “played with Lego’s and shoveled in McDonald’s in the Oval Office”, what would you say Biden is doing?

What emails implicate what? You haven’t even seen any emails. You guys are so desperate for anything but all you have is some mystery laptop that belongs to someone who isn’t in the administration. But any reason to wear that tinfoil hat I guess.
The "mystery laptop" has been authenticated as Hunter Biden's and the NY Times even recognized that. The fact you don't seem to understand that doesn't surprise me...

The "mystery laptop" has been authenticated as Hunter Biden's and the NY Times even recognized that. The fact you don't seem to understand that doesn't surprise me...
So what if it was? That’s like finding and authenticating your laptop. BFD. That you continue to think this is some kind of big gotcha doesn’t surprise me……

• Haha
You mean the phone call that was recorded for the entire world to hear? How exactly did Trump try to bribe Ukraine.
Wow....Your TDS is showing.
Sorry. Quid pro quo.

Lol at the TDS comment. Standard when you have nothing else. Well at least you have your memory of your fellow proud boy from your flight the other day, owning the hell out of the entire plane.

Do you not get or understand what is on the laptop based on previous reporting?
I would care if Hunter worked for this administration. He doesn’t. I would care if whatever was supposedly on this laptop has anything to do with anything. It doesn’t. So no, I don’t care.

But I’ll be sure to point scam artists your way. You’re a sure thing.

• Haha
I would care if Hunter worked for this administration. He doesn’t. I would care if whatever was supposedly on this laptop has anything to do with anything. It doesn’t. So no, I don’t care.

But I’ll be sure to point scam artists your way. You’re a sure thing.
The emails implicated his father in a pay for play arrangement. But that's OK I guess?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT