ADVERTISEMENT

Magic interested in Izzo

gelesen

Sophomore
Feb 5, 2003
Read they may be interested in Izzo as their next coach. Could this be Izzo's way out of the MSU mess?

Editing comment to avoid posting incorrect info:

I know there are other factors like shoe contracts, but even assuming he signs for say $15-20 million, that's a pretty nice golden parachute. And he won't have to answer any pesky questions about what he knew.

He's also friendly with the DeVos family, who own the Magic, so there's that. Wouldn't be sad to see him go.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChuckJr
He could probably quadruple his salary, get a 5-year deal and retire. According to Google, he makes like $4.5 million and Brad Stevens makes $22 million. I know there are other factors like shoe contracts, but even assuming he signs for say $15 million, that's a pretty nice golden parachute. And he won't have to answer any pesky questions about what he knew.
Stevens makes 3.6 million/yr (6 year 22 Million). Pop has the highest annual salary at 11 million.

Vogel made 5.5 million annually with Orlando, so the offered contract to Izzo would be similar.

Stevens makes 3.6 million/yr (6 year 22 Million). Pop has the highest annual salary at 11 million.

Vogel made 5.5 million annually with Orlando, so the offered contract to Izzo would be similar.

Oh I misread that. Going to edit my comment so people don't get confused.

Read they may be interested in Izzo as their next coach. Could this be Izzo's way out of the MSU mess?
No idea if it's true, but Izzo would be stupid not to take it if so. His image will forever be tainted by his association with this MSU scandal (even if he's not the primary offender or ousted from employment). He may not have a lot of working years left in him, but it make a ton of sense for him to get out of dodge.

That was Stevens’ original 2013 contract. He got an extension in 2016, which was not made public, but undoubtedly with a big raise.

Fortunately, in this case, I think all of the "sources" this guy is hearing from are in his head.
Yeah, if you are presenting your information with 'big time sources' and other catch words...you are likely trying to fool the reader in to thinking you are a credible source by blowing smoke. Sorry, but the guys I have heard have insider knowledge like that guy is claiming DON'T do that crap on every single post.

By Shot Doctor I assume he downs multiple shots prior to posting.

The Pistons are going after Dwane Casey, the former Raptors coach. I think CMP will take his 2-0 record at Little Caesars Arena and leave it at that for now.
Never said the guy was credible - just stumbled across it the other day.

The irony about it was Painter was at some coaches forum at the same time this guy claimed he was signing his paperwork to become the head coach.

Never said the guy was credible - just stumbled across it the other day.

The irony about it was Painter was at some coaches forum at the same time this guy claimed he was signing his paperwork to become the head coach.
Certainly didn't take your post as implying that The Shot Doctor was credible.

That is a hilarious tidbit about Painter being at a forum when he was supposedly signing his contract!

an objective viewpoint. if Izzo were to leave MSU, now would be a good time to do so. With the loss of Bridges and JJJ, I don't see MSU being a top 10 or Final 4 team next year. And he's a lot older than some may believe. if ever there was a time to leave, now would be it.

Izzo does go would love for Marcus Bingham Jr. to give us another look...

Heck maybe even get A. Henry to give us a look too because of his friendship with Hunter.

Will not miss Izzo.....maybe just his stink and crying.

Boiler Up......

Editing comment to avoid posting incorrect info:

I know there are other factors like shoe contracts, but even assuming he signs for say $15-20 million, that's a pretty nice golden parachute. And he won't have to answer any pesky questions about what he knew.

He's also friendly with the DeVos family, who own the Magic, so there's that. Wouldn't be sad to see him go.
Any investigation is likely to be from the FBI so leaving MSU doesn't shield him from claims of covering up sexual crimes.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT