ADVERTISEMENT

Madness announcing teams set. Nantz's final shining moment.

boilerman101

True Freshman
Nov 11, 2011

2023 March Madness announcing teams​

Play-by-Play / Analyst // Reporter

• Jim Nantz / Bill Raftery / Grant Hill // Tracy Wolfson*
  • Brian Anderson / Jim Jackson // Allie LaForce*
  • Ian Eagle / Jim Spanarkel // Evan Washburn*
  • Kevin Harlan / Dan Bonner / Stan Van Gundy // Lauren Shehadi*
  • Lisa Byington / Steve Smith / Avery Johnson // Andy Katz
  • Andrew Catalon / Steve Lappas // Jamie Erdahl
  • Spero Dedes / Deb Antonelli // AJ Ross
  • Brad Nessler / Brendan Haywood // Dana Jacobson
* - Regional Weekend Announce Teams

Jim Nantz will step away from college basketball after this year. Ian Eagle will take his place in 2024. Nantz will stay with CBS for golf & the NFL.

I don’t see Sir Charles or Shaq. Guess they are studio guys not play by play. Was excited for a second thinking their uninformed opinions wouldn’t plague March Madness this year.

Reactions: Professor Emeritus
It would be interesting to know the reasoning behind some of those selections.

I don't understand why they parachute people in who don't broadcast college basketball during the season. If they insist on a three-man lead crew, for instance, Jim Jackson is infinitely more knowledgeable than Grant Hill because, you know, Jackson actually calls college basketball games.

It's fantastic that Nantz, the ultimate corporate toady, is leaving after this tourney. But I am curious to know what his corny, pre-scripted call would be should the Boilers win it. My money is on some version of "Purdue paints a masterpiece."

I don’t see Sir Charles or Shaq. Guess they are studio guys not play by play. Was excited for a second thinking their uninformed opinions wouldn’t plague March Madness this year.
Yeah they never call games. Typically on the TBS or TNT studio team.

I don't understand why they parachute people in who don't broadcast college basketball during the season. If they insist on a three-man lead crew, for instance, Jim Jackson is infinitely more knowledgeable than Grant Hill because, you know, Jackson actually calls college basketball games.

It's fantastic that Nantz, the ultimate corporate toady, is leaving after this tourney. But I am curious to know what his corny, pre-scripted call would be should the Boilers win it. My money is on some version of "Purdue paints a masterpiece."
I don't believe Jim Jackson is employed by CBS. Neither is Robbie.

I don't believe Jim Jackson is employed by CBS. Neither is Robbie.
I think a lot of these guys are independent contractors; Raftery appears on CBS and FS1, Hummel appears on BTN and ESPN, Jackson is apparently part of the tourney lineup despite his ties to the FOX family (BTN, FS1).

Reactions: rgarlitz
Really like Brian Anderson on the PBP, hope we get him again. Who can ever forget this call:

“Cline, can’t dribble himself free…he’s gonna have to take a long one. Cline... step-back 3 for the tie…OH HE’S DONE IT AGAIN!”

Reactions: DrEss and Schnelk

“Hello friends. Jim Nantz, corporate toady here.”

• Haha
Reactions: Professor Emeritus
ADVERTISEMENT