ADVERTISEMENT

MAC Cancels Football Season

But but but .......

The big 10 commish was quoted as saying he favors spring football

division 2 and 3 were already shut down.

science and medicine > money and fan’s desire

Fox radio was reporting the BIG 10 is meeting today. Barry Alvarez didn’t sound very hopeful yesterday

I feel bad for the seniors who will miss out on playing their senior season.

Fox radio was reporting the BIG 10 is meeting today. Barry Alvarez didn’t sound very hopeful yesterday
The facts are the facts, the football season is canceled basketball season will not be. It would end probably 30 to 40% of the athletic departments in the United States. So this will not happen there’s too much money at stake. Even the far leaning left Board of Directors knows this. They want to keep their job basketball gets played after football is stopped

The facts are the facts, the football season is canceled basketball season will not be. It would end probably 30 to 40% of the athletic departments in the United States. So this will not happen there’s too much money at stake. Even the far leaning left Board of Directors knows this. They want to keep their job basketball gets played after football is stopped

Kind of like March madness happened last season?

The MAC decision was made easier by the loss of all their payday games with P5 schools.

I call "B.S."

On second thought, I'm focusing on your word, "supposedly".

I think this narrative changes rapidly in the not-too-distant future.
It was posted today is that the commissioner is pushing for it.

I don't believe for a second we see a Big Ten football game in Sept.

It was posted today is that the commissioner is pushing for it.

I don't believe for a second we see a Big Ten football game in Sept.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing.

If you're the least bit curious, you should be asking yourself: "what will be different in the spring?"

The answer should be quite obvious.

Remember... ! ...

"15 days to flatten the curve..."

Oh, I'm not disagreeing.

If you're the least bit curious, you should be asking yourself: "what will be different in the spring?"

The answer should be quite obvious.

Remember... ! ...

"15 days to flatten the curve..."
Hopefully a vaccine. If not, I suspect spring ball won't happen

The only solution to this is to move on with your daily lives. If you get it fight it like the flu. If you can’t fight it off and pass away it is what it is. Just like the flu. Very sad but that is the only way to get rid of this thing.

Reactions: BBG
The only solution to this is to move on with your daily lives. If you get it fight it like the flu. If you can’t fight it off and pass away it is what it is. Just like the flu. Very sad but that is the only way to get rid of this thing.
I hope that isn't the case but sadly, you may be right. At this point I would rather see the season moved to the spring. The worst thing that could happen is to play a couple of games and then have the season shut down. That would create an even bigger mess than we already have. Numerous teams have already announced no fan attendance for the fall so perhaps the spring offers a chance to put people back in the stands. If by that time there is still no treatment, it might be inevitable that we are going to have to move on with life.

Kind of like March madness happened last season?
Well said, unless the university or Conference doesn’t care about their future existence there’s no way in the world they would end or cancel the basketball season? Isn’t it also about employment? How many people will be unemployed, again that’s probably the thing I never hear about. All of the jobs that sees to happen when there is no sports season. It’s a lot of people. The Covid death rate is very very very very very low, the unemployment rate not so much

I’m wondering how the schools are going to make up for all of the lost revenue from this? That’s is going to be a huge problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT