ADVERTISEMENT

LSU Re-instates Will Wade

guppy likes purdue

Sophomore
Jun 7, 2010

I wonder what you would have to do to get fired in today's game write a personal check to a player then again I doubt LSU can do better.

Hopefully the NCAA doesn't pussy out, and Gives A Strong ASS punishment. To me a long term NCAA ban is the best punishment vacating wins is pointless

Last edited:
Reactions: ChuckJr

I wonder what you would have to do to get fired in today's game write a personal check to a player then again I doubt LSU can do better.

Hopefully the NCAA doesn't pussy out, and Gives the A Strong ASS punishment. To me a long term NCAA ban is the best punishment vacating wins is pointless
The NCAA has No Concerns At All

Hopefully the NCAA doesn't pussy out, and Gives the A Strong ASS punishment. To me a long term NCAA ban is the best punishment vacating wins is pointless

Totally agree. The guy still has to testify in a federal trial though.

Totally agree. The guy still has to testify in a federal trial though.
That is unlikely I think, only the defense wants him to testify, I guess because they think there is a chance he will lie in court to save his job and Feds don't want that.

I am hoping the NCAA takes the opportunity to absolutely hammer LSU for reinstating Wade. If they don’t, they need to run a clean slate and remove everybody involved. You literally can’t get caught more red handed.

Then again, I thought UNC was caught too and they wiggled right on out of that.

It's a sad day for NCAA athletics when someone is caught red handed and there are zero consequences but time served.

Reactions: DAG10
Think this is just a precautionary move on LSU part. Reinstated doesn't necessarily mean they are going to retain him. LSU opens themselves up to a wrongful termination suit/paying Wade's buyout before the NCAA rules one way or another. Louisville is in the middle of a lawsuit with Pitino right now because they fired him before the NCAA ruled anything and they aren't out of the water yet not paying his nearly $40mil buyout.

LSU probably heard Jim Nantz absolve Bruce Pearl on the Final Four broadcast (I about choked on my own vomit when he did) and thought "Why should we be doing the right thing when all of these other clowns are saying screw it?". And you know what? With the NCAA's actions so far, why not?

I am hoping the NCAA takes the opportunity to absolutely hammer LSU for reinstating Wade. If they don’t, they need to run a clean slate and remove everybody involved. You literally can’t get caught more red handed.

Then again, I thought UNC was caught too and they wiggled right on out of that.
Difference about the UNC stuff was that it dealt with academic integrity and rigor of courses. They found a grey area and took advantage of it academically...not athletically or illegally. If I was a UNC grad though, no more money would be going to the university that discredited the rigor of my degree.

Could you imagine Purdue University doing something similar for it's degrees? No, because Purdue holds their academics to a high regard...even for athletes.

Reactions: Roeder and tjreese
Difference about the UNC stuff was that it dealt with academic integrity and rigor of courses. They found a grey area and took advantage of it academically...not athletically or illegally. If I was a UNC grad though, no more money would be going to the university that discredited the rigor of my degree.

Could you imagine Purdue University doing something similar for it's degrees? No, because Purdue holds their academics to a high regard...even for athletes.
Uh oh. This feels like we are about to get into another Purdue Global argument in 3, 2, 1...

Uh oh. This feels like we are about to get into another Purdue Global argument in 3, 2, 1...
Ehhh, it's a model that I can appreciate Daniels trying to get ahead on. Nobody complains about ASU's online degrees...but they have about 15-20 years on Purdue for experience. Purdue is late to the game and trying to play catch up. I trust Burke will make it work in the long run because at his core he isn't in the business of losing money and hurting his (Purdue's image).

Last edited:
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...6/feds-motion-bar-miller-wade-testimony-trial

Looks like federal prosecutors are trying to block both Miller and Wade from testifying. Miller and Wade were subpoenaed by Dawkins attorney, not the government. The defense was likely going to use Wade and Miller as character witnesses to portray that their client (Dawkins) wasn't defrauding the universities, rather they were complicit in a pay for play scandal with university employees. Goes to show the government isn't interested in hearing about NCAA violations. Going to be pretty hard for the NCAA to come down hard on these schools.

Yes....at the risk of losing it's accreditation status, which would be a much much bigger deal than athletics.....essentially finishing it as a major institution of higher learning....and lose access to financial aid. They were put on probation by the rating agencies and came closer than a lot of people are aware to losing it - or so that's how it's been reported.

But alas, probably some of the "too big to fail" thinking went on there, IMO.

Ehhh, it's a model that I can appreciate Burke trying to get ahead on. Nobody complains about ASU's online degrees...but they have about 15-20 years on Purdue for experience. Purdue is late to the game and trying to play catch up. I trust Burke will make it work in the long run because at his core he isn't in the business of losing money and hurting his (Purdue's image).
I assume you mean Daniels and not Burke. :).

And has anyone seen lbodel since the tourney?

...And now the AD is about to be fired. In fairness, there is a laundry list of items that the guy didn't handle well beyond this whole Wade issue, but this still doesn't paint a pretty picture with the timing.

...And now the AD is about to be fired. In fairness, there is a laundry list of items that the guy didn't handle well beyond this whole Wade issue, but this still doesn't paint a pretty picture with the timing.

Can you believe they hired him straight from Duke? He was the AD at Duke during the lacrosse scandal and suspended the team before anyone was every charged with a crime and forced the coach to re-sign before any facts or evidence came out. Cost the school a lot of money.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
ADVERTISEMENT