ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville's Satterfield to Cincinnati

Name one.
Check the threads! I no longer do research for others! Check the game threads too! And then read the posts that made excuses by saying we almost won if not for a couple of bad plays! We almost beat Penn state and Syracuse too. If Mertz had played his normal game, we would have beaten uw too!

Lafayette is not louisville. And for that matter, Lafayette is a totally different type of community than west Lafayette is! Given a choice, of the three communities I would choose Lafayette as being the worst of the three! Now Kokomo, there’s a town to live in! The Beach Boys even made a song about Kokomo! The Beach Boys never made a song about Lafayette! Louisville has a lot of sluggers! And they are kind of batty!

There are several possibilities:

1. He thinks Cincinnati is a better opportunity
2. He's tired of the Brohm guillotine waiting to fall on his head everytime the sun goes behind a cloud
3. Louisville indicated they were going to do whatever necessary to try to get Brohm, so he took a preemptive strike
4. Personal reasons / disagreements with the existing AD
5. Probably more I can't even fathom
Except for number 4 you hit the nail on the head.

I think Brohm will come home this time, but, whatever happens, I wish you all good luck. I grew up with the Brohm boys even going back to playing neighborhood football and basketball with them as a little kid. I've become a big Purdue fan since the Brohms arrived. I will continue to follow your team.

Word is Satterfield left becuase our AD refused to give him an extension and pay raise.
Makes sense and worked for both parties....

Lafayette is not louisville. And for that matter, Lafayette is a totally different type of community than west Lafayette is! Given a choice, of the three communities I would choose Lafayette as being the worst of the three! Now Kokomo, there’s a town to live in! The Beach Boys even made a song about Kokomo! The Beach Boys never made a song about Lafayette! Louisville has a lot of sluggers! And they are kind of batty!
You really are this stupid.......

You know, you don't have to be a jerk just because you know how. I didn't disrespect Purdue. In fact, I said that I respect them.
Lighten up, Rog. It was just a joke, not directed at you personally.

But since you mentioned it, I don't respect Kentucky hoops because of its history of cheating.

Lighten up, Rog. It was just a joke, not directed at you personally.

But since you mentioned it, I don't respect Kentucky hoops because of its history of cheating.
Why don't you take the evidence you have of this cheating to the NCAA office and turn them in? Oh, you don't have any evidence?

Why don't you take the evidence you have of this cheating to the NCAA office and turn them in? Oh, you don't have any evidence?
There is proof, not just evidence, that Kentucky has a history of cheating. What, has it all been blacked out of UK sports history records.

There is also proof that Coach Calamari has a history of cheating. Also blacked out?

There is proof, not just evidence, that Kentucky has a history of cheating. What, has it all been blacked out of UK sports history records.

There is also proof that Coach Calamari has a history of cheating. Also blacked out?
Next you’re gonna tell me the Russkies have a history of making political opponents disappear!

This is a little out of place for a Purdue football forum, but you brought it up. Calipari is probably the most investigated coach in NCAA history, yet he hasn't been found to have major NCAA infractions (many coaches have had minor ones, hence my qualification).

In the case of Marcus Camby at UMASS taking money from street agent John Lounsbury (who incidentally also admitted to giving money to Camby's teammate Michael Williams and Connecticut star Ray Allen), there is no evidence after an investigation by both the school and the NCAA that Calipari or his staff knew of such payments. Unfortunately, if an athlete is intent on ignoring the NCAA rules and ignoring the warnings given by the coaches and administrators, illegal payments from street agents can't be completely prevented by anyone.​
In the case of Derrick Rose and his questionable SAT score, again there was no evidence after an investigation was held by the NCAA that Calipari was aware of, much less had a role in, Rose's test score. In fact, the only thing the NCAA investigation did accomplish was to once again bring into question the fairness of the NCAA itself, given that they completely went against their own precedent (which they established when they gave Duke University a free pass from having their records expunged despite admissions in open court that Corey Maggette had been paid illegal inducements) when they decided to strip Memphis of their NCAA victories in which Rose played [a decision which is currently under appeal]. The NCAA did this not because of anything Memphis did but because of what they supposedly should have known, despite the fact that Rose was given the green light to play by the NCAA Clearinghouse.​

If there other proof that you have, please send it to:
  • N.C.A.A.
    700 W. Washington Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46206-6222
    (317) 917-6222

Next you’re gonna tell me the Russkies have a history of making political opponents disappear!
Maybe next year. You have more than enough to assimilate now with CJB leaving as well as learning of UK's history of hoops corruption.

Poor Roger is probably in shock.

This is a little out of place for a Purdue football forum, but you brought it up. Calipari is probably the most investigated coach in NCAA history, yet he hasn't been found to have major NCAA infractions (many coaches have had minor ones, hence my qualification).

In the case of Marcus Camby at UMASS taking money from street agent John Lounsbury (who incidentally also admitted to giving money to Camby's teammate Michael Williams and Connecticut star Ray Allen), there is no evidence after an investigation by both the school and the NCAA that Calipari or his staff knew of such payments. Unfortunately, if an athlete is intent on ignoring the NCAA rules and ignoring the warnings given by the coaches and administrators, illegal payments from street agents can't be completely prevented by anyone.​
In the case of Derrick Rose and his questionable SAT score, again there was no evidence after an investigation was held by the NCAA that Calipari was aware of, much less had a role in, Rose's test score. In fact, the only thing the NCAA investigation did accomplish was to once again bring into question the fairness of the NCAA itself, given that they completely went against their own precedent (which they established when they gave Duke University a free pass from having their records expunged despite admissions in open court that Corey Maggette had been paid illegal inducements) when they decided to strip Memphis of their NCAA victories in which Rose played [a decision which is currently under appeal]. The NCAA did this not because of anything Memphis did but because of what they supposedly should have known, despite the fact that Rose was given the green light to play by the NCAA Clearinghouse.​

If there other proof that you have, please send it to:
  • N.C.A.A.
    700 W. Washington Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46206-6222
    (317) 917-6222
I am not interested in the sordid details, Rog, but didn't Calimari have two, not just one, final four appearances vacated?

That is quite an impressive record - one that would have kept a non-corrupt program from ever hiring him.

Maybe next year. You have more than enough to assimilate now with CJB leaving as well as learning of UK's history of hoops corruption.

Poor Roger is probably in shock.
Not me. Our football program was a little down this year and are still playing Iowa in the Music City Bowl, but we have had success in the SEC, the toughest football conference. We have had two 10 win seasons since 2018 and 4 bowl wins in a row, 2 of them against Big Ten teams (Penn State and Iowa).
I am not interested in the sordid details, Rog, but didn't Calimari have two, not just one, final four appearances vacated?

That is quite an impressive record - one that would have kept a non-corrupt program from ever hiring him.
Well, the NCAA found that he did nothing wrong in either case. But you can't be bothered with the facts, just the rumors. Talk to your idol Hunter Biden.

Not me. Our football program was a little down this year and are still playing Iowa in the Music City Bowl, but we have had success in the SEC, the toughest football conference. We have had two 10 win seasons since 2018 and 4 bowl wins in a row, 2 of them against Big Ten teams (Penn State and Iowa).

Well, the NCAA found that he did nothing wrong in either case. But you can't be bothered with the facts, just the rumors. Talk to your idol Hunter Biden.
Of course the NCAA could not prove that he personally did anything wrong. I said he is crooked, not stupid. Two programs he ran had final fours vacated, but Calamari didn't do anything wrong. He was a victim!

Keep telling yourself that while you watch your games at CorRupt Arena and swell with pride thinking of the racist/cheater it was named after.

Rupp, Hall, and Sutton : all cheaters.

UKs history was BUILT on cheating.

Stop talking about UK effing basketball. Jesus.
Not your fault Kentucky guy
Hey pal, I came here to talk about Purdue football and @Riveting- started throwing stones. I didn't attack Purdue and have nothing against Purdue. He is the one who start talking crap about my school, and I felt I had to respond his baseless claims.

Hey pal, I came here to talk about Purdue football and @Riveting- started throwing stones. I didn't attack Purdue and have nothing against Purdue. He is the one who start talking crap about my school, and I felt I had to respond his baseless claims.
i said not your fault

The move to Cincinnati makes a lot more sense now. Sounds like louisville has known for quite awhile brohm planned on coming back this season, and told Satterfield to hit the road.

Reactions: purduepat1969
The move to Cincinnati makes a lot more sense now. Sounds like louisville has known for quite awhile brohm planned on coming back this season, and told Satterfield to hit the road.
He wanted an extension and raise and was told to piss off essentially. And now they are paying Brohm double what they were paying Satterfield. I think its worth it on their end and Cincy definitely got the short end of the stick on this one .

You really are this stupid.......
not stupid. just tired and bored of reading the same old stuff that is copy and pasted from yahoo and other internet sites. If i wanted to read that other stuff you guys post, I'd go to the real source. How about about having some original takes and add some creativity? if you don't like my posts, why did you stay here? Thhere's that other site that everyone left for . i hear it's the bomb and to die for.

not stupid. just tired and bored of reading the same old stuff that is copy and pasted from yahoo and other internet sites. If i wanted to read that other stuff you guys post, I'd go to the real source. How about about having some original takes and add some creativity? if you don't like my posts, why did you stay here? Thhere's that other site that everyone left for . i hear it's the bomb and to die for.
I get it now.

My grandfather was born and raised in KY at the turn of the century. He defined KY Sportsmanship this way.
1. If there is no rule against it,do it.
2. If there is rule, do it anyway and deny it until you get caught.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boiler8285
ADVERTISEMENT